The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Soup to clean out kidneys

Good Soup Recipe

Equipment
    Use 4-quart stainless steel pot
    Assemble the following vegetables
    Cover with ozonated or reverse osomosis water

Ingredients
    1 medium celery knob or 3-4 stalks of celery
    1 medium parsley root – if available
    Garlic as desired
    2 small leeks (if not available, replace with 2 medium onions)
    1 ˝ pounds tomatoes or more
    2 medium onions
    1 pound of potatoes
    A little parsley.

Directions
    1. Do not peel any of these special soup vegetables
    2. Wash and scrub them well
    3. Cut them coarsely
    4. Simmer them slowly for 2 hours
    5. Then put them through a food mill in small portions if you have one (do not use a blender as it would oxidize the food). Only fibers should be left if you have a food mill.
    7. Vary the amount of water used for cooking according to taste and desired consistency.
    8. Keep well covered in refrigerator no longer that of 2 days
    9. Warm up as much as needed each time not quite to boiling temperature. (to reheat use a pot, do not put in microwave as it would destroy the enzymes)

It is made to clean out the kidneys, all the potassium and sodium you'd want is already in the soup so no need for salt.

It's very good, enjoy.
    Last edited by Cup o Joe; 11-23-2009 at 10:22 PM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Here's an alternative recipe if you don't have a food mill.

Equipment
    Use 4-quart stainless steel pot
    Assemble the following vegetables
    Cover with ozonated or reverse osomosis water
    1 Ladle

Ingredients
    1 medium celery knob or 3-4 stalks of celery
    1 medium parsley root – if available
    Garlic as desired
    2 small leeks (if not available, replace with 2 medium onions)
    1 ˝ pounds tomatoes or more
    2 medium onions
    1 pound of potatoes
    A little parsley.

Directions
    1. Do not peel any of these special soup vegetables
    2. Wash and scrub them well
    3. Cut vegetables finely
    5. Simmer them slowly just under boiling temperature for 2 hours
    6. Serve and Enjoy.
    Last edited by Cup o Joe; 11-29-2009 at 07:06 PM.

Smeagol on Steroids Mercuryblade's Avatar
    Just out of curiosity (don't interpret this as snark), how does this clean out the kidneys?
    http://www.senseaboutscience.org.uk/

Starting Current
    Bench: 45 lbs Bench: 235 lbs
    Squat: 95 lbs Squat: 285 lbs
    Deadlift: 100 lbs Deadlift: 330 lbs

Water. Everyone knows enzymes don't stand a chance in hell once they hit the stomach and most likely they denature once you bring anything close to boiling point of water. Just a guess though...
    My journal
    Goal(Current):
    400(335) Bench Press
    600(520x3 2xBW) Dead Lift
    500(495x1) ATG Squat
    Total: 1500(1350)
    365 Front Squat
    consistency and intensity.

Quote Originally Posted by dynamo View Post
    Water. Everyone knows enzymes don't stand a chance in hell once they hit the stomach and most likely they denature once you bring anything close to boiling point of water. Just a guess though...
    Microwaving doesn't do anything different to food that heating should, so either way the enzymes will be destroyed once they hit the temperature at which they denature. The directions do call not to heat the soup to boiling, but many enyzmes will denature at a much lower temperature than boiling (~50C)
    There are many enzymes that can surive the harsh conditions of the stomach, some enzymes actually don't become active until they reach a very low pH. I'm just very skeptical of anything that claims to "clean out the kidneys" without any kind of legitimate proof.

Don't take my empiricism as an attack on you personally cup o joe, I spend 40+ hours a week in medical research so I'm pretty picky when it comes to my science. The soup probably tastes good, but I don't know of any reason why my kidneys would be dirty or why there would be special enzymes in vegetables that would help clean them out. If you can point me in the direction of some literature to support this, I would be interested in reading it.
    Last edited by Mercuryblade; 12-01-2009 at 03:20 PM.

Starting Current

Banned
    I'd like to know what reverse-osmosis water is. Surely that's like, anti-water?

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    I'd like to know what reverse-osmosis water is. Surely that's like, anti-water?
    It's a filtration system, my rents have one at their house. It uses pressure to filter the water, since the water moves "backwards" (Ie from an area to lower solute concentration) it's called "reverse" osmosis.

I also have no idea why reverse osmosis water would be needed , it makes no sense to filter out minerals and other dissolved compounds in the water, and then to use the water to cook vegetables, which, in turn, are going to put minerals and compounds back into the water again.
    Last edited by Mercuryblade; 12-02-2009 at 11:27 AM.

Starting Current

Quote Originally Posted by Mercuryblade View Post
    It's a filtration system, my rents have one at their house. It uses pressure to filter the water, since the water moves "backwards" (Ie from an area to lower solute concentration) it's called "reverse" osmosis.

I also have no idea why reverse osmosis water would be needed , it makes no sense to filter out minerals and other dissolved compounds in the water, and then to use the water to cook vegetables, which, in turn, are going to put minerals and compounds back into the water again.
    Tap water is full of all kinds of stuff. If you brine meat (great technique for tasty, juicy meats BTW), it can taste bad using chlorinated tap water. I'm guessing this is the reason here also. Phosphates, chloramine, fluoride (maybe), arsenic, and many other chemicals wind up in tap water. I have a RO/DI water system I use for salt water aquariums (don't ever use tap water to make salt water for salt water aquariums)
    Last edited by manowar669; 12-03-2009 at 11:01 AM.
    The Gods taught us to forge Iron so that we would not be slaves-----old Germanic saying

buy a chin up bar, sell the arm curl bar---Roddy

Just out of curiosity (don't interpret this as snark), how does this clean out the kidneys?
    I wondered the same thing immediately after I read the title.
    Best lifts: 615/475/660, Raw w/ Wraps
    http://www.youtube.com/user/invain622002

Wannabebig New Member

Off Topic but I have to say:

MN water is the nastiest water i've ever had. Hard as hell. Way too many minerals in it. I just opted for a cheap $40 filter to filter out all the salt I have to put into it to make it soft.

RO is a very expensive setup but takes out all the nasty ****.

(sorry for taking so long for responding) It's the water and the amount of good nutrition in the soup, it's actually made to get rid of excess sodium in the body. Dr. Max Gerson goes more into detail in his book "a cancer therapy, result of 50 cases."

I was wrong about the water, it's not RO but distilled water is what is recommended since it is more pure.
    Last edited by Cup o Joe; 05-21-2010 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cup o Joe View Post
    (sorry for taking so long for responding) It's the water and the amount of good nutrition in the soup, it's actually made to get rid of excess sodium in the body. Dr. Max Gerson goes more into detail in his book "a cancer therapy, result of 50 cases."
    Holy old thread batman!
    Gerson is unfortunately, a bit of a quack.
    I'm sure the soup still tastes good though.

http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/p...essional/page4

Starting Current

Holy old thread batman!
    Gerson is unfortunately, a bit of a quack.
    I'm sure the soup still tastes good though.

http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/p...essional/page4
    The fact still remains that thousands have healed themselves from cancer and diabetes including Dr. Albert Schweitzer (who had diabetes but was cured by changing his lifestyle) by making their bodies more alkaline. Dr. Otto Heinrich Warburg won the Nobel prize for medicine in 1931 for explaining the cause of cancer.
    Last edited by Cup o Joe; 05-21-2010 at 01:57 PM.

The fact still remains that thousands have healed themselves from cancer and diabetes including Dr. Albert Schweitzer (who had diabetes but was cured by changing his lifestyle) by making their bodies more alkaline. Dr. Otto Heinrich Warburg won the Nobel prize for medicine in 1931 for explaining the cause of cancer.
    Controversy about the efficacy of the Gerson therapy continued throughout Gerson’s life. In 1946 and 1949, two articles in the Journal of the American Medical Association concluded that the treatment was of no value.[9,10] The National Cancer Institute (NCI) reviewed Gerson’s data from ten case histories in 1947 and 50 case histories in 1959. NCI concluded that in most cases, basic criteria for evaluating clinical benefit were not met. NCI concluded that the data demonstrated no benefit.[2] In 1972, the American Cancer Society (ACS) published a statement summarizing the negative assessments of Gerson’s treatment.[11] Another statement published by ACS in 1991 concerned various “ metabolic therapies” (defined as treatments that depend on changing metabolism through diet, enemas, and supplements given at clinics in Tijuana, Mexico) and reemphasized the lack of scientific evidence on the efficacy of the Gerson regimen.[12]
    Plural of anecdote is not evidence.

Starting Current

hmm, I like to be big!!!
    Don't use cow milk to make a cream based soup because while the soup will clean out your kidneys, your liver will get clogged up significantly. Breastmilk is of course ok, and Cambodian breast milk is preferred.

If you have significant kidney blockage you might have to attack the problem from both ends. This soup lends itself well to being used as an enema and some posters will enjoy it more that way.

Treating the human digestive track as a poorly designed plumbing system I've found is the best way to design one's diet. Remember if your alkalinity is not high enough you won't reason well so your decision making will be impaired. Thus you won't realize your alkalinity is not high enough and the "Alkaline Improbable Logical Intestinal Nullification Gunk Spiral" will initiate. (What Dr. Gerson refers to as AILINGS, creating an acronym shows he knows what he's talking about.)

Ignore Mercuryblade he is trolling us because we have figured out how to cure cancer and liver blockages while his precious scientists and doctors sell out to big Pharma. We'll see how well reasoned logic, rigorous science, and health skepticism serve him when he has nearly 100% kidney blockage and no friends to help him celery soup enema himself.
    Chris Mason is my master.....

American cars are like fat people, sure, they have a lot of power, but they're not built well, and they have all that useless weight, plus they make both make funny noises.

feel free to aim me, nejar462 im on a lot. Don't know much to warn you dudes, but im good at conversations.

Belial in reference to Ronnie Coleman, "Some people say he still has blood in his steroid stream, but I doubt it. Gas isn't one of the side effects, but that massive bloated overly muscular freak of nature circus sideshow appearance might be what tips most people off."

Plural of anecdote is not evidence.
    Hey, this doctor won a nobel prize for finding out that Cancer does not use oxygen. Doctor Otto Heinrich Warburg won the nobel prize by finding out that CANCER does not breathe oxygen and therefore is a group of fermented cells only capable of reproducing in an acidic environment, very much like yeast.

Also, the reason the medical association rejected Gerson is because of the fact that unlike drugs, it does not just treat one symptom at a time, it treats all of them, and it's not a pop the pill and done program, it takes dedication let me tell you, it's a lifestyle change. And the juice from the Norwalk juicer, best juice ever! You haven't tried carrot and apple juice until you've tried it from a Norwalk. Wow.

I have a friend who is on the therapy with his wife and he got rid of his cancer and restored his hair colour by going alkaline. He's got his youthful glow back and he's in his 60s.
    Last edited by Cup o Joe; 05-21-2010 at 08:09 PM.

Oops got a little off topic, if anyone wants to talk about that awesome juicer, check out this thread.

http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/showthread.php?131631

Anyway the soup is really good and it's alkaline.

edit: Nejar, haha very funny(sarcasm). anyway, It is true, it is a well known fact that cancer flourishes in an acidic environment and cannot survive for long when the blood goes from 6.8 (acidic) to 7.3 (alkaline) in a short period of time which is what the gerson therapy does for the body through the most natural way possible, lots of healthy food; drinks and exercise.
    Last edited by Cup o Joe; 05-21-2010 at 08:54 PM.

Don't bother arguing with mercuryblade... he is too well read on the subject of everything. Reverse osmosis is a waste of your money, and didn't you know? Chlorine is good for you.

If anything can clean out your kidneys it is dandelion juice. If you can stomach it. It should also clean out everything else. But science doesn't support cleanses so don't waste your time.

Haha some people are impossible.
    All I want to know is:
    1) the definition of a kidney that needs cleaning
    2) how the soup cleans out your kidneys

Now I get an argument about alkaline foods, cancer, and sodium.
    Which for the record, there is plenty of evidence to suggest positive effects from an diet that increases one's pH, so I'm in agreement with the alkaline thing for the most part, I just don't buy into dogmatic Gerson's magical cure-all.

Starting Current

1. A kidney that is unclean is one that is full of toxins such as too much sodium, calcium and fat.
    2. The way it cleans the kidney is the soup stock goes into the blood once it reaches the stomach, it nourishes the kidneys so that the cells let go of a build up of toxins which are expelled through the urethra.

(skip to 2:10)This guy from Alaska was a skeptic until he talked to a lot of patients and reviewed their medical records all over the world for 50 days.

Last edited by Cup o Joe; 05-22-2010 at 07:28 AM.
    Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought. - Venerable John Paul the Great

Wannabebig Member thecallofktulu's Avatar
    Oh thanks now I understand. But have you ever tried food from pig's kidney? They tell that it's good for kidney,too

Best Dating Sites
    quoizel lamps

1. A kidney that is unclean is one that is full of toxins such as too much sodium, calcium and fat.
    2. The way it cleans the kidney is the soup stock goes into the blood once it reaches the stomach, it nourishes the kidneys so that the cells let go of a build up of toxins which are expelled through the urethra.

Can you give me an explanation that actually has some kind of explanation?
    Also, the small intestine is where the vast majority of absorption occurs not the stomach.

What does "nourish" mean, why do cells "let go" of toxins because of this soup?

Starting Current

Mercury, your posts are very entertaining to read. I wish I could keep at people in real life the way you do on this forum, but I just get too tired of going in circles, so I just smile and nod.

Quote Originally Posted by Clover View Post
    Mercury, your posts are very entertaining to read. I wish I could keep at people in real life the way you do on this forum, but I just get too tired of going in circles, so I just smile and nod.
    Haha, thanks.

I don't actually have any belief that I will convince anyone that is so ingrained on certain dogmatic philosophies to think objectively.
    I just hope that I can keep others from wasting their time and money on unproven/unscientific warbalgarbl.

I also a love good, spirited debate.

Starting Current