Thread: Can someone reccomend me a noobie routine??

Wannabebig Member

Can someone reccomend me a noobie routine??

Okay so I'm a complete noob to lifting and need a relatively easy routine to begin lifting. I have a flat bench at home with like 125lbs so I can't really do much at home but I'm going to join a gym once I can figure out a routine. I'm 6 foot tall about 180-185lbs, been boxing a couple years which was the main reason I haven't been lifting(I heard it makes you slower) but now I wanna gain some muscle. Hoping to get my bench press up to about 200 hopefully. My main goals are bigger arms, shoulders and work on my chest and abs. I think my diet is pretty good already, I eat lots of protein and pretty healthy. I have intense boxing workouts 4 days a week for about 1-1 1/2 hours. Can anyone recommend a routine for someone like me?? Thanks.

Wannabebig Member
    I saw you put that on another thread and read it. The second article makes more sense to me really, I still don't understand what a hard gainer really is but w.e lol. If I do the routine in the second article will that help reach and focus on my main goals(My main goals are bigger arms, shoulders and work on my chest and abs.)?? And if I can bench 150lbs(not really sure how many times I can do it) can you tell me how much weight I should begin with for Squats, Deadlifts, Powercleans, and the Barbell Overheads?? thanks.

Why did the Starting Strength routine make more sense to you?
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Wannabebig Member
    It was just more straight forward and gave a specific routine, now I just need to figure out how much weight I can start with. The only exercises I have ever done from that routine are bench press and squats. I just have to figure out how much weight I should start with because I have no clue. The only thing I really know is that I can bench about 150. So I guess for the first week I can start benching 150 but for Squats, Deadlifts etc. I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSox View Post
    It was just more straight forward and gave a specific routine,
    Ya, the Hardgainer routine is more for the guys that can think for themselves (joke). But seriously, both routines are almost identical in theory. The things they have in common are the things that make them productive. Starting Strength is an excellent routine to start with. Good luck.

now I just need to figure out how much weight I can start with..
    Start very LIGHT! You don't want to start with your max weights. You want to leave room to ramp your progress. If you start too heavy, you will shorten your progress.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Wannabebig Member
    Thanks for your help.

Thanks for your help.
    No problem...enjoy the routine...it's brutal but effective...and don't forget to eat
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

small flabby and hairy joelhall's Avatar
    can you tell me how much weight I should begin with for Squats, Deadlifts, Powercleans, and the Barbell Overheads?? thanks.
    if you havent done these before id recommend using the bar on its own to start with to learn the movements for a few weeks. if you pick up bad habits these become hard to break when youve added weight, and lead to injuries.

SS will be a great ramp up to HCT-12

TB