Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Official World Cup Thread

decease, RIP
    Starts tomorrow. Sweden will play on sunday, good thing it's a rest day, I usually lift the same time the games are on.

Looks like Ljungberg will be playing, which means we will lose.
    big.

I have still yet to see u.s.a play, but mexico played very very well against Italy, they can really keep posession, tight at the back and excellent on a break. You guys got your work cut out.

I seriously would not have let u.s.a even enter the world cup untill their officially and legally banned the stupid word soccer from their dictionarys lol

I so can't wait for england's game against denmark. I think we will win 2-0 or 2-1
    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? My Training Journal

England-Denmark..
    It's gonna be a close game cuz it's not easy to beat the danish side. I hope England wins the game, cuz without Argentina,France and Portugal, the world cup has less importance.. If England fails to qualify, then the world cup will be missing players like Lopez,Zidane,Owen,Beckam,Scholes,Henry,Placente,Figo etc.

I want to watch an interesting final on the 30th of June.

By the way, the refs are assholes..
    They have fucked up the world cup.

They left Portugal with 9 players on the pitch.

They stole the win from Italy in their game against Croatia.

They banned the Turkish player in the game between Turkey and Bresil while they should have banned Rivaldo..

The panalties of Senegal and Uruguay were non existant!

Ok,Japan and S.Korea host the games, but the refs must play 50-50.. It's a world cup...

Asians rule!!!!!!!!
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

Mystic Eric
    Yes! The Naz...errrrm I mean the Germans won 1-0... It was a rather boring game

2 hours till kick off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

3:16
    getting nervous
    my exprience - joined gym 10 years ago, 6 1/2 years hard weight training exprience.

england just went up 2-0, ive decided i want the english to do well; i like seeing my dad get excited when his fellow countrymen score
    'you cant avoid confrontation in life. it just makes things more trouble down the road. sometimes you have to look at the bull and say "f--k you bull" and grab that bull by the horns'

-Shane

half-time and its 3-0, hope this doesnt turn into a whitewash
    'you cant avoid confrontation in life. it just makes things more trouble down the road. sometimes you have to look at the bull and say "f--k you bull" and grab that bull by the horns'

-Shane

Wow, England was like a storm in the first half.

21 June:England-Brazil.. what a game

silly boy!

brazil still have to beat belgium right? I know its likely brazil will win, but nothing is a given as we have learned from france, arg and italy nearly going out.

But I can't wait for the game if we do have to play brazil! I still think we can take em and win the cup.

I will be rooting for ireland tommorow too.

decease, RIP
    darnit republic of sweden lost.
    big.

3:16
    well from the group of death only one team has made it to the quarters and france is gorups as well. it was not the teams that most people expected either.
    my exprience - joined gym 10 years ago, 6 1/2 years hard weight training exprience.

yep senegal progress!

Also ireland kick off in about a couple of hours.

i hope senegal goes all the way, those guys are absolute champions.

-Shane

And Spain progress.

I'm not to bothered after watching those absolutely appauling penalties from ireland.
    "Geordie/'d3c:di/n. & adj. Brit colloq. n. 1 a native of Tyneside. 2 the dialect spoken on Tyneside. adj. of or relating to Tyneside, its people, or its dialect. [the name George + -IE]

I am gutted, I really wanted Ireland to go through, they were the better team.

Ah well, never mind, I will just have to wait for England to beat brazil/belguim ;D

Cant have a guy called Holland take a penal... come on.

decease, RIP
    lol they keep playing scenes from the swedish game in slow motion with like sad gladiator music, you know the kind.
    big.

Viva Mexico!!!

Ahhh...5 more minutes and the score would have been Mexico 1 - Italy 0 ... fooken Del Pierro or whatever his name is. Still though a tie to Italy gave is the number one spot which put us up against the USA! This game should be great. I can't wait.

After Mexico beats the USA we are up against Germany! This would give us the perfect opportunity for revenge! Last World Cup we were beating them 1 - 0 and they came back with 2 goals to kick us out.

Oh yea Beckham's hair is ace.

Viva Mexico!!!
    "In the grand scheme of things, both things are quite superficial(obsessed with being muscular&ripped and incredibly strong). And yet lifting can teach you so much. My time at the gym--at least when I'm lifting--is invariably the high-point of my day. There aren't any questions; I almost don't even think. I go into an almost meditative trance-like state. Day-to-day worries become insignificant. I'm focused solely on the weight, and my reason for existence is clear. To move the bar and to improve on what I accomplished last time. Seldom are things so simple." - Blood&Iron

"Most people cannot understand what burns in our blood, the gym is our addiction and iron is our drug. People don't understand why we commit hours a day to a goal where progress is so small it seems immeasurable, why we do cardio instead of watch TV, why eat 6 meals a day, why we insist on ordering diet soda or how we can drink skim milk. Most people will simply never grasp why we refuse to settle for a mediocre body." - Severed Ties

Hulk, do you really believe that Belgium can beat Brazil???

I think you re j/k..

did you really think argetina would be going home?

i'll shave my balls if Belgium beats Brazil...

Last edited by Centaurion; 06-16-2002 at 04:28 PM.

ok....

I am not saying they will beat brazil I am just saying france, argentina going out first stage senegal in the quarter finals etc, Stranger stuff has happened!

and I will wax them if England wins the WC