The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    The premiership is the best league in the world right now, followed by La Liga and then serie A. Italian football has went downhill lately, hence, why all the italian teams in Europe did sh*t. Face it dude.

Anyway, Robboe's players to watch during the campaign:

Shay Given (Rep. Ireland) <---- Easily the best keeper in the premiership this season.

Freddie Ljundburg (sp?) (Sweden)

Actually, Sweden will probably be the suprise package of this tournament methinks.

Keiron Dyer (England)

Figo (portugal)

Zidane (France)

Buffon (Italy - goalie)

Henry (France)

Totti (Italy)

Raul (Spain)

There's quite a few Argintine players too, but i can't remmeber any haha.

Beckham & owen (Both England)

Nakata (Japan - Are they in this competition?)

That's all i can think of right now.
    "Geordie/'d3c:di/n. & adj. Brit colloq. n. 1 a native of Tyneside. 2 the dialect spoken on Tyneside. adj. of or relating to Tyneside, its people, or its dialect. [the name George + -IE]

Originally posted by The_Chicken_Daddy
    Nakata (Japan - Are they in this competition?)

*** The host country automatically gets in.
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

Freddie Ljundburg is ace.

He is gonna cause England some problems I am sure.

I so hope Joe Cole gets picked, he has raw talent and is not scared to go at players.

When is the team being announced?
    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? – My Training Journal

Originally posted by Reinier
    ..it's like the first time in a shitload of years that holland isn`t playing. its pathetic...
    I feel your pain Reinier. I have been a Dutch fan since 1974 and have been waiting for them to raise the cup .
    That being said, as much as I can't stand France (the country), I have to pick them as a winner. I'd love to see England win though.
    "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference... The Marines don't have that problem."
    President Ronald Reagan - 1985

Joe Cole IS in the squad Dan.

Maki, you'd better hope Canada get to host the tournament pretty soon then, cause that's the only way they'll get in!
    "Geordie/'d3c:di/n. & adj. Brit colloq. n. 1 a native of Tyneside. 2 the dialect spoken on Tyneside. adj. of or relating to Tyneside, its people, or its dialect. [the name George + -IE]

decease, RIP
    lol @ Freddie Ljundburg I'm gonna start calling that assface that, he won't score any goals.
    big.

btw Feyenoord won the UEFA cup last night.

*pretends he cares*

Viva Mexico cabr0nes!
    "In the grand scheme of things, both things are quite superficial(obsessed with being muscular&ripped and incredibly strong). And yet lifting can teach you so much. My time at the gym--at least when I'm lifting--is invariably the high-point of my day. There aren't any questions; I almost don't even think. I go into an almost meditative trance-like state. Day-to-day worries become insignificant. I'm focused solely on the weight, and my reason for existence is clear. To move the bar and to improve on what I accomplished last time. Seldom are things so simple." - Blood&Iron

"Most people cannot understand what burns in our blood, the gym is our addiction and iron is our drug. People don't understand why we commit hours a day to a goal where progress is so small it seems immeasurable, why we do cardio instead of watch TV, why eat 6 meals a day, why we insist on ordering diet soda or how we can drink skim milk. Most people will simply never grasp why we refuse to settle for a mediocre body." - Severed Ties

Canadas soccer system sucks as a whole.
    They need to adapt the European style.
    Till they do they'll be watching the games from the comfort of their homes or a pub.
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

Reinier, the dutch are a queer ole' bunch eh? They decide to riot when they actually win stuff. Rather backwards if you ask me...

bwahahaha canada..hahaha they suck!

England cant buy all the players they want to their national team, they will have to settle with what they got.

Chicken when you say they have won all the international leagues or scored high for the last years, you have to take in mind that the english teams are mostly made up by norwegians, frenchmen and italians.
    A big thanks to all my friends in the USA, I am deeply grateful for your hospitality and kindness.

There's a few frenchmen yes. A few italians, although not that many in the teams who do well in European football, if any at all? I can't immediately think of any italians in the top four sides of the premiership.

And who is Norweigan, except ole' gunnar, who plays in the premiership?

A total of 28 players right now are norwegian, and and in 1999 it was 32.

Ole Gunnar
    Bjørneby
    Alf inge halaand
    Harald bratbakk
    steffen iversen
    henning berg
    Tore andre flo
    øivind leonardsen
    Cato gunntvedt
    Ronny johnsen
    Erik bakke

are just a few.
    A big thanks to all my friends in the USA, I am deeply grateful for your hospitality and kindness.

The Chicken Mr'ga
    bleh.. premier league blows
    For every $1 you donate to the "buy Lude more weight plates foundation", you will help add 1kg to my 1RM.

<spam> Journal </spam>

Current Stats: 85kg @ 13.6%
    Goal: 87-88kg @ 8-9%
    Goal Due Date: 1/12/05

BAH, we are gonna do well this year in japan, mark my words

Our squad is ACE.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

You hear it here first: Argentina will be the World Champions of 2002.
    They are unbeatten. They have players like Juan Sebastian Veron, Ariel Ortega, Hernan Crespo, Lopez, Batistuta,Jopep Saviola,Riquelme and they can't miss the great chance to win the cup.

I have a satellite and I watch matches every day, from La Liga Primera, The Premier League, Le Championnat, Bundeslinga and some mathes from KPN and portugal as well as all the greek matches and of course the mathes of the Champions League.
    I am certain that the best players are coming from Argentina and now, it's their time.
    England is not ready to play in a final yet. Their deffence sucks.
    France is a very strong team with quality players but they have already won the cup and they won't do anything special.They are able to play in the semi-finals but not in the final.
    Italy has many chances to play in the final. A very strong team with a great deffence.
    Brazil is not what we could expect but they can go through the quarter finals.
    Germany has to wait until the next world cup because they are building a new team.
    Spain can secure a place to the semi-finals and even to the final. They have many quality players and they own a good world cup placement to theirselves.
    Finally, Portugal=Figo. If he still has the power to play like Figo, they may do something good but I doubt he will be able to perform as he could.. He is tired and his team will play a Champions League final in Wednesday..

Ok, finally, my best players are:
    Luis Figo from Portugal
    Juan Sebastian Veron,Riquelme,Lopez from Argentina
    Olisadebe fro Poland (he plays in my favourite team,Panathinaikos of Athens)
    Rivaldo from Brazil
    Raul, Helguera and Luis Enrique from Spain
    Zidane and Henry from France
    Nesta from Italy
    Gamarra from Paraguay
    Ballack from Germany
    Beckham from England
    Last edited by Wizard; 05-13-2002 at 03:14 AM.

Originally posted by Rock
    A total of 28 players right now are norwegian, and and in 1999 it was 32.

Ole Gunnar
    Bjørneby
    Alf inge halaand
    Harald bratbakk
    steffen iversen
    henning berg
    Tore andre flo
    øivind leonardsen
    Cato gunntvedt
    Ronny johnsen
    Erik bakke

are just a few.
    Out of all of them, only ole, steffan and maybbe Alf are any good. Tore plays in Scotland now for the old firm. Erik Bakke is aight, but nothing special.

Hardly any of these players play for teams who actually achieve european places.

Wizard, Argentina will NOT win the world cup. I guarantee it. They don;t have the collective ability as a team. A bit like Holland - individually amazing players but collectively they lack the spark. Not to mention that the coach is considering quitting.

P.s. Keiron Dyer took a dodgy tackle on Saturday and has damaged his cruciate ligament. No world cup for ole' Keiron

gerrard got injured , but I think he is expected to be fit.

Dyer's injury sucks

Nah, my vote goes to them (argentina) because their quality is superior to any of the other teams that participate in the world cup. Furthermore, I can't believe that there's a better team than them.They don't play as a team, they are like Holland as you said or like Barcelona, but their skill is outstanding.

There are also some extra reasons but they are not related to football.

A final between Argentina and Italy or Spain would be great.

I think as far as playing as an entire unit Italy has been and always will be one of the best teams in the world. Every year they are a high seed and it isn't always because they have some of the best players...none of their players were named to the 2002 World Cup dream team yet they are one of the top teams favoured.

I hate france, I think Brazil has a good team but could fall apart like they did last time, too many egos there. Germany will have a strong tournament but I don't think they'll pass the quarters. I'm not convinced on argentina but feel south american teams will have a strong showing. England is just a team of gay pansies...that is all I will say about them. Pretty boy Beckham will get slide tackled by some brute and limp off crying for his momma, never to be seen again...
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

Friends don't let friends do dumbell kickbacks. - Me

ElP is the smartest man in the world. - Gyno Rhino

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

If do right, no can defense. -- Mr. Miyagi

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey:

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

I know England won't win it. I'm not expecting us to get past the group stages.

Spain will maybe last till the second phase.

Wizard, the way the groups are laid out, Argentina can't play Italy in the final. The best they can do is a quarter final showdown.

There also won't be an Argentina vs Germany final either.

Without David, you don't have a single chance to make it through the semi-finals. That's a shame because England could be able to make something good with Becks but now without him and Kieron it's very difficult.
    In addition you can build a better deffence but it's very tough to expect it, because the Premiership is a "showtime" championship,where show=goals, and the deffensive lines are very poor.. It's not like in Campionato.
    I hope that Sven will include McManaman in the first squad.He is a great and smart player.

Our defence isn't bad, it just isn't good. Since Gary Neville got injured we're bolloxed even further.

I just wish Tony Adams was a bit younger.

Rio Ferdinand and Sol campbell in the middle are great, but lack experience.

I'd have loved Keiron in a left wing back position cause he could have run anywhere on the pitch. Gary would have obviously been on the right. But we have Ashley Cole on the left now, and he is a real prospect for the future. I dunno who we have for the position right now though. Our defence is young and talented - i can see us going far in the next euro championships and the next world cup, but not this one. We lack a big experienced dude in the middle like Tony Adams. Martin Keown is there, but he's getting a bit past it too. The best we have is David Seaman in goal as far as experience goes.

I really wish Alan Shearer would still play international games. Having him and Owen up front again would be priceless.

Right, I checked the groups and Argentina can't play with Italy in the final.Who cares about Germany? They will be out of the game very soon.
    So, what I believe is that the only team that can stop Argentina is Italy but I don't give them many chances.
    The performances of Italian teams in the UEFA and Champions League cups were disappointing..