Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Official World Cup Thread

Hybrid View

Official World Cup Thread

Let the countdown begin!!!!

What team/s are you going to be rooting for?

In no particular order here is mine.

Japan, if only they could get some more experienced players. They got potential but what good is that.

Nigeria and Cameroon, I love how they move the ball. too bad they're made up of individula players and not team oriented. Most african teams struggle with this.

I don't particularly care for any European teams. I don't want England winning, that's for sure.

Argentina is supposed to be a shoe in for the finals. We'll see cause anything can happen.
    Last edited by Maki Riddington; 05-05-2002 at 10:49 PM.
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

ENGLAND all the way.

If we play at our potential we have a great chance of winning, hell we are bursting with great players right now.

We do have a tough group though.

Argentina, Sweden and Nigeria are all good teams, Argentina tipped one of the favourates to win!

We will see, like I said England are so inconsistent but when we do play well, we whoop, so I am hoping they are on form.

Just sucks the games being on at 7am here
    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? – My Training Journal

i dont feel very comfortable in this thread for some reason.

its like the first time in a shitload of years that holland isn`t playing. its pathetic. we have some of the worlds most expensive players but theyre just spoilt lazy pieces of child molesting **** which are excused for everything and anything and of course the coach gets all the blame.

Bespoke Super Mod
    It is a shame that holland are not in the finals this time around as they have such a huge amount of talent that most probably would've peaked this year, e.g. Hasselbaink, Davids etc.

Oh and Forza Italia!!!
    "A + B + C = Success if, A = Hard Work, B = Hard Play, C = Keeping your mouth shut" -Albert
    Einstein

I've always gone to the gym with the conviction that I'll be the hardest working mother****er in the joint. Make that your credo, and hope we don't lift at the same place.
    -- Adam Fahy

"Fran is a double-hard bastard"- Clint Brewer 31/12/02

decease, RIP
    I hope the swedish players die, die I say! I'll bet they won't score a single goal. Ass pirates.

Nigeria all the way... woohoo.
    big.

the kid from oz
    go Australia!!!
    oh wait... they are ****

I think that it's gonna be a close call betwen England and Argentina...

btw england rocks

France or Italy.

Probably France.
    "Geordie/'d3c:di/n. & adj. Brit colloq. n. 1 a native of Tyneside. 2 the dialect spoken on Tyneside. adj. of or relating to Tyneside, its people, or its dialect. [the name George + -IE]

Originally posted by FAngel
    Oh and Forza Italia!!!
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

Friends don't let friends do dumbell kickbacks. - Me

ElP is the smartest man in the world. - Gyno Rhino

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

If do right, no can defense. -- Mr. Miyagi

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey:

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

win win win!
    Our Journal!
    R.I.P Devie

Originally posted by kimpy225
    win win win!
    No girls allowed. Thank you.
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

Friends don't let friends do dumbell kickbacks. - Me

ElP is the smartest man in the world. - Gyno Rhino

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

If do right, no can defense. -- Mr. Miyagi

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey:

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

U.S.A all the way baby.

why not? i didnt even pick a team or anything
    Our Journal!
    R.I.P Devie

Originally posted by ElPietro

No girls allowed. Thank you.
    Yeah, that's why Canada has no representation there. haha.

Kimpy, you can be our special guest Pick a team.
    "Geordie/'d3c:di/n. & adj. Brit colloq. n. 1 a native of Tyneside. 2 the dialect spoken on Tyneside. adj. of or relating to Tyneside, its people, or its dialect. [the name George + -IE]

oh cd
    thanks!
    what teams are good? i would pick but.. i dont know any really.. thats why i just said "win"
    Our Journal!
    R.I.P Devie

Italy and argentina
    LaLa

Only those that know about soccer are allowed to contribute to this pointless thread.
    Btw, I resent that comment about Canada.
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

Italy Italy Italy!
    May you be in heaven an hour before the devil knows you're dead.

the kid from oz
    italy all the way

España!

Originally posted by Maki Riddington
    Btw, I resent that comment about Canada.

lmao.

so that's why you're coming after me in that diabetics thread

dammit australia sucks.

well now i suppose im rooting for france or nigeria
    'you cant avoid confrontation in life. it just makes things more trouble down the road. sometimes you have to look at the bull and say "f--k you bull" and grab that bull by the horns'

-Shane

eeeh a stupid question..but when does the World Championship start?

England is good, but when did they last win the the world cup, its seems like they cant get up there with italy, france, brazil, argentine...
    I bet the African teams is going to reach far this time, The World Cup is the biggest sporting event ever, it makes the superbowl look like the mini golf tournament over at Joe`s garden.
    Last edited by Rock; 05-08-2002 at 04:53 AM.
    A big thanks to all my friends in the USA, I am deeply grateful for your hospitality and kindness.

The Chicken Mr'ga
    england suck! they boast about havin the best soccer league in the world.. theyre lucky to be in the top 5.. its just good 4 the spectators, a 40yr old could score in the premier league thats how crappy their defence is.. (why u think all the top euro players goto england for a few years b4 they retire.. coz its piss easy to score and its good $$, a few years ago cheaslea's startin 11 were all old internationals.. zola etc who struggled to score in siere A, who now see themseves kickin 2-3 goals a game on a regular basis)... thats why they neva go far in world cups, where they see their attackers tightly marked, and havin the opposition run circles around their defence..
    watch out for argentina.. they'll do well.. but bein italian.. im goin for them! forza italia!!
    Last edited by iLUDEd; 05-08-2002 at 12:58 PM.
    For every $1 you donate to the "buy Lude more weight plates foundation", you will help add 1kg to my 1RM.

<spam> Journal </spam>

Current Stats: 85kg @ 13.6%
    Goal: 87-88kg @ 8-9%
    Goal Due Date: 1/12/05