The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Anyone see the USA game yesterday?
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

USA play soccer?

Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

Friends don't let friends do dumbell kickbacks. - Me

ElP is the smartest man in the world. - Gyno Rhino

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

If do right, no can defense. -- Mr. Miyagi

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey:

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

We try.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

Yea,the US sided down Uruguay 2-1... That was a surprise for me..

USA have some good players.

Claudio Reyna is good, and i really like that black dude you got in defence: Eddie Pope i think he's called. I really appreciated his performance against Ireland a few weeks ago.

Wizard, good point. It seems like Argentina may have quite an easy route to the quarter finals. I still think Italy will beat them though.

France will prolly meet Brazil in the quarters too.

I still say France vs Italy final.
    "Geordie/'d3c:di/n. & adj. Brit colloq. n. 1 a native of Tyneside. 2 the dialect spoken on Tyneside. adj. of or relating to Tyneside, its people, or its dialect. [the name George + -IE]

I think Uraguay will have a strong tournament as well...sometimes losing in the friendlies and other "not so important" matches are a great wakeup call before world cup. So I guess Brazil has had quite a few of those...
    Last edited by ElPietro; 05-13-2002 at 09:24 AM.
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

Uruguay are in group A with France, Denmark and Senegal.

I'm doubtful whether they'll actually make it past the group stages.
    "Geordie/'d3c:di/n. & adj. Brit colloq. n. 1 a native of Tyneside. 2 the dialect spoken on Tyneside. adj. of or relating to Tyneside, its people, or its dialect. [the name George + -IE]

Denmark will choke.

Current FFFA Enforcer

err crap...haha...i meant paraguay...not uraguay...damned guay teams ...i don't think they'll come out on top of spain but will still come out...

Current FFFA Enforcer

y'think?

I dunno, i've never seen the squad yet.

And EP, the top two of their group will have to play one of the top two of group F depending on how they place.

Group F = England, Argentina, Nigeria or Sweden.

Uruguay have no chance getting past them.

It was a pretty ugly game. Should have been 2 all, bad offside call took a goal away.

The US team needs to focus on their strengths. They tend to be bigger, stronger, and in good shape, and lack some ball skills.

So, they need to take advantage of that, and play a physical game.

eddie pope is one of my favorite players.
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

EP, Paraguay are a good side yes, but once they lack confidence it's easy to take advantage. We stuffed them 4-0 a few weeks ago. Or was it 4-1?

Paul, I didn't realise you followed football. Does Eddie still play for an american club team or is he playing in Europe? I dunno why, but i have it in my head that he's playing in Germany. He should be playing in Europe. That's where the big bucks are.

anyway i'll send you a postcard
    All weights in kilograms in my posts. 1 kg = 2,2 lbs

My training log.
    My foreign language study site.

What games are you going to see? You jammy bastard

I started playing soccer when I was 5, and stopped when I was 24. My dad started a rec leauge in the town where I grew up, and later coached in the MD major leaugue (I played in the MML for a couple of years - not for my dad). I played every position. Became fairly proficient in the goal (especially indoor), But prefered Right Back or Sweeper/Stopper. 'Retired' at 24 after a broken foot.

Love the game. Don't watch as much as I would like, and don't really keep up with it.

I enjoy my every four year fix of coverage of the World Cup. It's fun to watch with my dad.

I'm not sure where Pope is playing... I know he *was* playing in MLS at one time.
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

Yeah, I like defensive or central midfield, myself. It feels good to "command" the game.

I haven't played in a good long while though.

Are you not able to watch matches live or watch highlights on american sports channels? like ESPN? (i think it's called that anyway.)
    Last edited by The_Chicken_Daddy; 05-13-2002 at 10:14 AM.

Bespoke Super Mod
    Eddie Mathis is a pretty good player for the states. Bayern Munich are after him now
    "A + B + C = Success if, A = Hard Work, B = Hard Play, C = Keeping your mouth shut" -Albert
    Einstein

I've always gone to the gym with the conviction that I'll be the hardest working mother****er in the joint. Make that your credo, and hope we don't lift at the same place.
    -- Adam Fahy

"Fran is a double-hard bastard"- Clint Brewer 31/12/02

The MLS is covered on major networks when there isn't anything else going on.

There is limited coverage of Premier league, etc, on some networks.

The World Cup games will all be on ABC, ESPN, and ESPN2.

Main thing is I don't really have the time to sit down and watch soccer. I'll make it this month, tho.
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

I like the women's football team too. Mia Hamm is good. Is there a farrow on their team?

I actually prefer watching the girls play. I think they US girls spend more time playing and less time whining.

farrow?
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

Mia Farrow? Or is she an actress? haha

or is it Harrow?

There are two player on the girls team i like to watch. One is Mia Hamm and the other is...~forgotten her name~

I can't find my wittle pee pee.
    Last edited by Paul Stagg; 05-13-2002 at 01:07 PM.

I think uruguay will have a good world cup, what with Recoba, Dario Silva, Fonseca leading the line its not a bad bet at 100-1 either ive backed em anyway
    The only limits are the one's you place on yourself...

Mexico has Italy AND Croatia in their group! AHHH! Thats ok though we can take care of Croatia with ease (that can be my birthday gift from Mexico to me since it is my b-day when they play!). But why oh why is Italy in our group! Oh well they have something coming to em on June 13
    "In the grand scheme of things, both things are quite superficial(obsessed with being muscular&ripped and incredibly strong). And yet lifting can teach you so much. My time at the gym--at least when I'm lifting--is invariably the high-point of my day. There aren't any questions; I almost don't even think. I go into an almost meditative trance-like state. Day-to-day worries become insignificant. I'm focused solely on the weight, and my reason for existence is clear. To move the bar and to improve on what I accomplished last time. Seldom are things so simple." - Blood&Iron

"Most people cannot understand what burns in our blood, the gym is our addiction and iron is our drug. People don't understand why we commit hours a day to a goal where progress is so small it seems immeasurable, why we do cardio instead of watch TV, why eat 6 meals a day, why we insist on ordering diet soda or how we can drink skim milk. Most people will simply never grasp why we refuse to settle for a mediocre body." - Severed Ties

The Chicken Mr'ga
    does your american soccer team (female) have a nudie calander like all the female sport teams do in Aust?
    Last edited by iLUDEd; 05-14-2002 at 03:44 AM.
    For every $1 you donate to the "buy Lude more weight plates foundation", you will help add 1kg to my 1RM.

<spam> Journal </spam>

Current Stats: 85kg @ 13.6%
    Goal: 87-88kg @ 8-9%
    Goal Due Date: 1/12/05