The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: Thanks Guys!!!

Thanks Guys!!!

I am 36yrs old. I have been on this site for over a year now and I want to truely thank Daniel, Travis and the gang for the community they have provided. I have been lifting for quite some time, not always at a high level. But since joining this site, i have absolutely fallen in love with lifting weights again. I might be even more motivated than I have ever been. And i should be the strongest I have ever been within the next calendar year. Let me add that Im not some dormant freak locked in my basement (or at least I dont think I am). I am a successful football coach and also serve as a strength and conditioning coach as well. The beauty of this site is we have varying degrees of lifters, from all walks of life. Aside from the occassional bum, there are no "know-it-all" meatheads on here. Everyone seems to want to see other lifters have success. Its almost as if we all feel we have some amount of accountability to one another and we all share the failures and successes of each other. Anyway, ive rambled enough. And NO, I do not need a hug. Im just excited about how "excited" this site has made me about our lifting community.

Coach
    I am not "the" Bo Jackson, i just stole his name.....
    6'1 230
    Squat 555 - belt only
    Bench 340 - raw(11.3.11)
    DL 540 - belt only
    "Dont confuse activity with progress." - Gene Stallings
    My Log - http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...35550-Bo-s-Log

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Bo,
    Good luck to you bro... I have learned a lot from WWB forums as well!

BTW, Pretty good numbers you're putting up there... Do you compete in PL'ing?

What about MEEEEEEEE????? I'M THE REASON FOR THIS POWERLIFTING COMMUNITY!!!! MEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Lol, jk. We are glad you like it here, and what you feel is the sense of community we have always strived to build.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Holy crap BATMAN!!! I did forgot about you !!!..Hell I guess I mistakenly lumped you in the "rest of the guys" category. What a tragic mistake. I would say you are the face of At Large, but realisticly, you're the "BACK" of the community HA!...
    Thanks Chris!!!!!

robchris,
    Yes i do compete, thanks to this site and some of the guys ive met on here. competed in my first meet in March and im hooked. Im looking foward to competing more in the future.
    I am not "the" Bo Jackson, i just stole his name.....
    6'1 230
    Squat 555 - belt only
    Bench 340 - raw(11.3.11)
    DL 540 - belt only
    "Dont confuse activity with progress." - Gene Stallings
    My Log - http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...35550-Bo-s-Log