Thread: What are some fat/protein foods that make you feel "full" ?

eek... it's lil' Fixation! fixationdarknes's Avatar

What are some fat/protein foods that make you feel "full" ?

I am doing my best to limit/avoid carbs other than breakfast and pre/post workout meal. But it just gets so tough during the evening after dinner. I get pretty hungry, and I know it would be in my best interest to go for some healthy fats and protein, but peanut butter and the likes are pretty calorie-dense foods that don't feel all that filling. Makes it kind of hard to cut. Input? Are there fats out there that take up a bit more space in my stomach than peanut butter? XD
    Lifting Journal
    Age: 20, Height: 5'7", Weight: 165, Deadlift: 405, 9.5" Squat: 230 x 10, Bench: 195 (3x5)

Quote Originally Posted by fatrb38
    I try to visualize that my girlfriend is under the weight and I have to push the weight up to save her. Of course it doesn't work and I just laugh as I think about the weight slowly crushing her bones. Then I remember it's me under the weight and give 200% effort to push it back up.

Meat. cottage cheese. Chicken. Whole nuts (for fat).

Seems like nuts are extremely calorie-dense though. I'll eat half a cup which is hundreds of calories and afterward feel like I haven't even eaten anything.

The reason I made this thread is that it just seems like breads/carbs are the things that make me feel full, but it's not exactly ideal in my diet to be loading up on carbs every night.
    Lifting Journal
    Age: 20, Height: 5'7", Weight: 165, Deadlift: 405, 9.5" Squat: 230 x 10, Bench: 195 (3x5)

I try to visualize that my girlfriend is under the weight and I have to push the weight up to save her. Of course it doesn't work and I just laugh as I think about the weight slowly crushing her bones. Then I remember it's me under the weight and give 200% effort to push it back up.

Eat more vegetables.

Ah, you're right. Thanks!
    Last edited by fixationdarknes; 04-05-2010 at 07:42 PM.
    Lifting Journal

Wannabebig Member
    Chili. Meat, beans, veggies, and spices.
    Last edited by shipdadip; 04-05-2010 at 08:59 PM.

chicken breast works for me. especially if i cook it in a bland fashion and drink it with water. its not glamorous, but it fills me up and is basically just a solid lean protein.

Hmm thanks for the tips everyone!
    Lifting Journal

I eat a lot of avocados to get some good fat in me. But I usually eat mine with chips so....
    "Fine, if I'm not allowed to light it on fire, can my imaginary friend?"

Eggs, cottage cheese, and veggies.

You asked for fat/protein foods that make you feel full, yet complain when they are calorie dense. The reason they make feel full is because they are calorie dense!

You can eat almost anything as long as its not processed or high in carbs/sugar. Carbs cause an insulin response, resulting in energy storage (fat), so as long as you are eating foods that don't spike your insulin, you should be ok eating whatever.

Nuts, meat, natural peanut butter, butter, cheese, low glycemic fruit (not really a protein/fat, but nutrient dense) are all good options. Dropping grains and starches may be a good idea for you, but if you do, it is crucial to eat a lot of vegetables and fruit.
    My 10 week cut results

"Sweat in training so you don't bleed in battle."

if youre trying to not gain weight (and you like to eat food) the whole nuts makes you feel full thing doesnt work for me. Theyre so tiny...i get theyre dense but it does nothing for me.

I just include spinach with damn near anything i eat... im like a cow i just stuff that **** in my mouth with any bite of eggs, meat or almost anything.

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Raleighwood View Post
    You asked for fat/protein foods that make you feel full, yet complain when they are calorie dense. The reason they make feel full is because they are calorie dense!
    What? nowhere even close to the truth...
    How calorie dense is a piece of cake?
    Now, how full do you feel after eating it?

You wanna feel full without gettin too many calories? Eat some cabbage with water.
    5' 11"
    170 lb

Quote Originally Posted by Shark View Post
    chicken breast works for me. especially if i cook it in a bland fashion and drink it with water. its not glamorous, but it fills me up and is basically just a solid lean protein.
    You put chicken in a blender with water and drink it?

But yea, chicken and PB do it for me.
    My Journal My FatDay

Chicken with cashew nuts, lots of chicken and also broccoli.
    That's what I like.
    Squat briefs only 625 @ 210
    Bench geared 525 @ 210
    Deadlift geared 650 @ 220

Captains of Crush #3

Building Mighty Mitts...

Quote Originally Posted by DB58 View Post
    You can eat almost anything as long as its not processed or high in carbs/sugar. Carbs cause an insulin response, resulting in energy storage (fat), so as long as you are eating foods that don't spike your insulin, you should be ok eating whatever.

Nuts, meat, natural peanut butter, butter, cheese, low glycemic fruit (not really a protein/fat, but nutrient dense) are all good options. Dropping grains and starches may be a good idea for you, but if you do, it is crucial to eat a lot of vegetables and fruit.
    What about at breakfast and post-workout meal? While cutting, is it acceptable to have some grains/starches there to fuel energy or should I eliminate carbs there too?
    Lifting Journal

I know you asked fat/protein, but add vegetables to your diet. Especially ones that are high in fiber. Fiber will make you feel full and keep you regular (if needed).

Sweet corn
    Cole slaw
    Broccoli
    Green peas
    Chick peas
    Green leafy vegetables
    Kidney beans
    Lentils
    Spinach
    Dried peas
    Tomato
    Brussels sprouts
    Cooked beets
    Cooked cabbage
    Cooked cauliflower
    Cooked carrots
    Cooked collard greens
    Cooked celery kale
    Cooked zucchini
    Raw onions
    Cooked summer squash
    Cooked winter squash
    Cooked sweet potato
    Sweet pepper
    Cooked Swiss chard
    Cooked peas
    Green beans
    Beet greens
    Cooked bok choy
    Artichokes
    m/37/5'10/194

Back Squat 435lbs
    Shoulder Press 195lbs
    Deadlift 505lbs
    Bench Press 315lb

Wannabebig Member
    The feeling of fullness is mostly attributed to fiber. Vegetables have lots of fiber, which contribute to their satiety effect. Alternatively, you can supplement with a fiber powder - there are many natural ones derived from oat & Psyllium seed husks, as well as other sources of high-fiber grains. You can also try glucomannan, which is great.

Quote Originally Posted by DB58 View Post
    What? nowhere even close to the truth...
    How calorie dense is a piece of cake?
    Now, how full do you feel after eating it?

You wanna feel full without gettin too many calories? Eat some cabbage with water.
    My statement was in reference to low carb foods. Of course cake will make you crave food/sugar again in an hour or two. He also asked about protein/fat foods. Cabbage and water lack pretty much both of those.

Quote Originally Posted by fixationdarknes View Post
    What about at breakfast and post-workout meal? While cutting, is it acceptable to have some grains/starches there to fuel energy or should I eliminate carbs there too?
    You are right... High carbs post work out is a good thing. However I don't think this thread is about PWO nutrition. I think its about daily eating ideas that will keep hunger down eating protein/fat dense foods.
    My 10 week cut results

"Sweat in training so you don't bleed in battle."