The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Would anyone be up for partaking in a very unscientific anecdotal study?

All that is required is an email once a week detailing answers to simple questions about how your diet was, training performance, and general sense of well being. Or I may find a way to do a weekly online quiz you could punch answers in to.

Requirements are:
    Train a minimum of 4 times a week, preferably not on on a bodybuilding split.
    A solid 180lbs for 5'10 (or logical equivalent for shorter/taller)
    A regular consistent diet
    IMPORTANTLY, a regular consistent sleeping pattern.

I am shying away from teens and over 35+ due to the variables they present

Reason being. I have recently begun noting my weekly performance, and have noticed that my body seems to fluctuate in cycles where I have a very low period and an extremely aggressive upbeat period. In affect I'm talking about a male menstrual cycle. A quick google says it goes for one week, others say it's 3 months. The end result is there is very little information about male hormonal cycles, and I think it could be something worth exploring.

I would like a decent sized sample of people, I am asking on other forums as well. If I seem to get an actual trend, eg a general 6-8 week cycle off highs and lows, then I am going to submit my findings to the university and try to get a real study done.

Just wanted to garner some thoughts, a 10 minute weekly quiz would be ok, right? If anyone is interested, please let me know, I am hoping to get this up and running in a month or so.

Thanks~
    Being a strong teenager means nothing.

My wrists hurt, but some people don't have wrists to be sore. My knees have tendinitis, but some people don't have legs to get tendinitis in. I seem to be going backwards with training, yet some people can't even walk let alone lift 400 pounds on a daily basis.

Dust out the vagina, and keep on lifting.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Very interesting. Sounds like an awesome idea for a study. I'd participate, but unfortunately, work is throwing off my diet/sleep schedule. When would the study start??
    5'10"

Ultra Nasty Hypertrophy journal (HCT-12)-http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...rnal!-(HCT-12)

Old My 5-3-1 Journal:http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=132576

Quote Originally Posted by AKMass View Post
    Very interesting. Sounds like an awesome idea for a study. I'd participate, but unfortunately, work is throwing off my diet/sleep schedule. When would the study start??
    Probably July.

My wrists hurt, but some people don't have wrists to be sore. My knees have tendinitis, but some people don't have legs to get tendinitis in. I seem to be going backwards with training, yet some people can't even walk let alone lift 400 pounds on a daily basis.

You would need to come up with a quiz online that did not require members to fill in their email address if you want to be able to advertise it here.

Just the rules is all.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bell View Post
    You would need to come up with a quiz online that did not require members to fill in their email address if you want to be able to advertise it here.

Just the rules is all.
    Thanks for that Travis. This idea came to me today, and I did realize a quiz would probably be better.