Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: thats it i had enough

thats it i had enough

ive veen rying gor 2 months tryin to lose some bodfat ive been tryin atkins but i keep on cheatin but now im serious im startin all over with atkins and im gonna try to lose some bodyfat but im wondering is it more efficent to just go on a low calorie diet -

You should be eating below maintenance on atkins anyway, so I don't understand what you mean by a "low calorie diet." If you are referring to self starvation, no it won't work. You'll be hungry, you'll lose muscle, and you'll wind up cheating.

You can't expect to change all your habits at once. Instead of the destination, focus on the journey. Take it one day at a time and try to get one good habit down before you start learning another. If you try to use atkins for a month and then go back to all your old habits it will be 1 step forward and 2 steps back. You have a lifetime to work on this stuff, take it slower. Be patient. And change your lifestyle, don't look for a quick fix.
    "Then on leg day do squats, lunges, stiff legged deadlifts, fluffernutters, and calf raises."--Belial, training a newbie

PowermanDL on Russian culture: "Big furry hats come into play somewhere."

"The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly; it is dearness only that gives everything its value. I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress and grow brave by reflection. 'Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death." --Thomas Paine

well im gonna try atkins for 2 months to lose about 6 percent bf then im gonna go back to eating carbs but carbs like whole wheat bread not white bread and ill sugar but once in a while and ill eat like 100 grams not 200 like i usually eat is this ok

First of all, I think you should start using punctuation and writing in sentences.

Second of all, how do you know you'll do as you say? If you cannot handle eating carbs now, and tend to cheat a lot, it won't be any easier to not-cheat 2 months from now. That's why I'm saying focus on long term goals, be patient, and really get some good habits going. You've got to get more information about proper, healthy eating and start applying it bit by bit. Do Atkins if you like, but use those two months to read everything you can get your hands on about nutrition so you will really be able to change your lifestyle.
    "Then on leg day do squats, lunges, stiff legged deadlifts, fluffernutters, and calf raises."--Belial, training a newbie

"The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly; it is dearness only that gives everything its value. I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress and grow brave by reflection. 'Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death." --Thomas Paine

Ecoli die
    Maybe I can help a bit with the cheating thing. I used to cheat all the time. I would eat 3 square meals a day and after doing that for about 2 weeks, I would still eat 3 times a day, but it was always about double what my diet said I should be eating.

I fixed it by eating 6 square meals a day. I get up and have a meal, I go to work and have a meal. I go to lunch and have a meal. I get ready to go home and eat. I go home and shortly thereafter, I eat. I eat constantly. I don't think I've gone more than 4 hours in the last month without eating (sleep time excluded). But I don't want to eat a lot. I want to eat very little as a matter of fact.

I don't know enough about atkins to comment, but It looked like a crash or fad diet and since you seem to have troubles keeping away from the carbs, I'd say it probably won't work well for you.

Oh, I also replaced bread (white, wheat, cracked, it doesn't matter) with pasta and fruit. Whole grain breads (whole grain pumpernickle...how can you go wrong with a name like pumpernickle?) seem to be OK though.

Focus on being yourself and making your body happy and it will probably reward you.

Oh, by the way, why are you trying to lose weight. Do it for a reason, not just because you're "fat"
    Now in pain, only working out the walking sticks.

the only reason i would cheat if i wasnt prepared and i never cleaned out my kitchen of all the food with carb then when there wouldnt be anyhting to eat id eat whatever know i wont make that mistake and ill always be prepared

Originally posted by Jane
    First of all, I think you should start using punctuation and writing in sentences.
    It really would make things easier.
    Last edited by Jane; 05-06-2002 at 04:50 PM.

if you dont have the self control to do a simple thing like not cheat then you may as well give up

i know but this time its different

it shows you have little self control. it probably means you dont do the last half of your workout, you cheat on every rep, and you dont bother to take everything to mind. bodybuilding is something that requires a @#$@ load of self discipline

Simplistic
    Originally posted by InferiorDesign
    it shows you have little self control. it probably means you dont do the last half of your workout, you cheat on every rep, and you dont bother to take everything to mind. bodybuilding is something that requires a @#$@ load of self discipline
    That's right. Nothing will work if you don't have the discipline for it.

if you dont have the self control to do a simple thing like not cheat then you may as well give up
    Wrong.

Wrong, wrong, wrong. Stop acting higher-than-thou and claiming self control is easy and not cheating is simple. What's true for you may be completely not true for other people. I've been on both sides, and I think it's wrong of you to tell people to "give up." Everything can be overcome. Just because for someone else it's more of a challenge doesn't mean they should stop trying.

If self control was easy, we wouldn't have so many alcoholics, drug addicts, eating disorders, etc. Displine is very, very important but it takes TIME to get there. Be patient with other people when they haven't yet reached your level.

my reason for living is bodybuilding (way way understatement on how i feel about bb) self control comes with want. if you dont want it, then no, you wont develop self control

Stop telling people they can't do things. You've no idea whether he wants it or not, and how badly. So your life is bodybuilding? Great. Not everybody's is, and that makes them no less of a person.

This board is about support and education. We're not here to tell people to give up at achieving a healthier lifestyle and body.

my reason for living is bodybuilding (way way understatement on how i feel about bb) self control comes with want. if you dont want it, then no, you wont develop self control
    *** Jane!!! You go girl.
    Self control doesn't come with "want." It's a matter of heart.
    You can "want" something so badly but if your hear t is not there your attemps will only be futile.

I "want" to lose bodyfat but it takes me time to get my head in order so I can set things in their proper place.
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

Exactly. Or are you going to tell Maki to give up too, Inferior?

Wannabebig Member
    akins diet is really bad for ur body, sure u may lose weight but as soon as u get off of the diet 9 times out of 10 the weight comes right back. i would really consider a different approach to ur diet

hotgirl03 is that true that the wait comes back if so should i just eat less calories

i don't care about the weight coming back. I care about body fat coming if it doesn't come back then ill do the atkins diet.

The reason it comes back is that people haven't learned proper lifestyle habits to begin with. When they start eating carbs again, they go right back to all the wrong types and amounts of carbs. But people with experience in eating balanced meals are able to use cyclical ketogenic diets and/or ketogenic diets with a lot of success.

You SHOULD be eating less calories if you're going for fat loss ketosis-style. Do you know what your maintenance caloric level is?Are you sure you know how to reach ketosis?

Do your reading, don't look for quick answers or quick fixes.

yes i know my caloric maintenance and I know how to go into ketosis

But id just like to know would it be better just not to do atkins and do a different low calorie diet

Wannabebig Member
    a major problem with the akins diet is that people do not know what they are doing and are miss treating their bodies. a major affect is ketosis, and not in a good way ur breath can smell like nail polish remover as well as ur pee because ur body is ridin to much ketone bodies. i seriously do not suggest the atkins diet to any one. and yes much of the weight is gained back because ur body is not use to the change. u can not go from diet to nondiet on a continual basis.

Can you provide any proof to support that ketosis is detrimental
    to the body?

Why do you think that much of the weight is gained back? There will be some recovery of water weight, yes, once a person switches from no-carb to carb, but if the person goes right back to a healthy diet, why would they gain back fat? Fat would require eating over-maintenance.

Jane, do you know what a ketone is, chemically?
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock