Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: thats it i had enough

Its a carbonyl group attached to two radicals, correct?
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

Originally posted by hotgirl_03

how is it more benefical? when u over produce ketones it throws off ur acid-base balance in ur blood. some people have had kidney problems resulting from it.

i said slightly acidic and near ketosis. for certain people.
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

bone crusher
    it is a carbonyl group attached to two methyls

CH3C(O)CH3

What's the structure of the ketones found in the body? I really haven't done a whole lot of looking into the exact biochemistry involved.

Besides, I thought carbonyl was a radical in and of itself, as were the methyl groups? The definition I have of a ketone is a carbonyl radical attached to two carbon radicals.
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

bone crusher
    no it is not a radical. A radical is any organic compound that has an unpaired electron.
    The carbonyl group simply refers to any carbon which has a double bond to oxygen. aldehydes, ketones, and carboxylic acids all have carbonyl groups in them.

the ketone bodies are formed from the condensation of acetyl CoA with itself or another ketone body. H3CC(O)SCoA -> H3CC(O)CH2COOH (acetyl acetic acid)
    -> H3CC(O)CH2C(O)CH2COOH (acetyl butyric acid)
    acetyl acetone loses carbon dioxide to form acetone
    H3CC(O)CH2COOH -> H3CC(O)CH3 + CO2
    and so does acetylbutyric acid to form acetyl acetone
    H3CC(O)CH2C(O)CH2COOH -> H3CC(O)CH2C(O)CH3 + CO2

none of these processes involve radicals
    Last edited by the doc; 05-09-2002 at 10:29 PM.

Originally posted by the doc
    no it is not a radical. A radical is any organic compound that has an unpaired electron.
    The carbonyl group simply refers to any carbon which has a double bond to oxygen. aldehydes, ketones, and carboxylic acids all have carbonyl groups in them.

the ketone bodies are formed from the condensation of acetyl CoA. H3CC(O)SCoA -> H3CC(O)CH2COOH (acetyl acetic acid)

You rule.
    Last edited by Jane; 05-09-2002 at 07:06 PM.
    "Then on leg day do squats, lunges, stiff legged deadlifts, fluffernutters, and calf raises."--Belial, training a newbie

PowermanDL on Russian culture: "Big furry hats come into play somewhere."

"The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly; it is dearness only that gives everything its value. I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress and grow brave by reflection. 'Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death." --Thomas Paine

bone crusher

he ain't called the grease man for nothin'. *lol*

nice one.

Wannabebig Member

the ketone bodies are formed from the condensation of acetyl CoA with itself or another ketone body. H3CC(O)SCoA -> H3CC(O)CH2COOH (acetyl acetic acid)

thats nice work there!

btw docarooni......

can ya see if you can dig up some info on this little tidbit i found in my new favorite magazine?

"Duke University researchers, headed by Dr. William Yancy, found that paitients on low-carb diets had greater weight loss, more fat loss, and more favorable changes in blood fats than those on a low-fat diet. (Abstract 14)" (Am. J. Clin. Nutr. 75:2002)

pretty please? (i'm curious as to how they set it up - and i figure you've got connects )

bone crusher
    Originally posted by Tryska
    btw docarooni......

can ya see if you can dig up some info on this little tidbit i found in my new favorite magazine?

"Duke University researchers, headed by Dr. William Yancy, found that paitients on low-carb diets had greater weight loss, more fat loss, and more favorable changes in blood fats than those on a low-fat diet. (Abstract 14)" (Am. J. Clin. Nutr. 75:2002)

pretty please? (i'm curious as to how they set it up - and i figure you've got connects )
    I can look this up on monday. I'd do it now but i'm not set up for proxy here

Curious about this as well. I plan on cutting in another 5-10 lbs

bone crusher
    oh yes...

always make connects dont break em

errr whatever that guy always said

that's right doc.....make connects, don't break connects.

LOVE that phrase!

InferiorDesign- I know I got into this thread a while after it started lol but anyways, I disaagree with what you said...I tried and failed many times before I suceeded and i STILL CHEAT at times (like last night) but I have lost 98 pounds so far and you can not tell me I didn't want it or didn't have any self control....it takes time to change your mind and your body, you cant go from just living one way to living another...its a gradual thing.
    WHEN LIFE ****S YOU IN THE ASS, YOU GOTTA JUST TURN IT AROUND AND **** IT RIGHT BACK!!!!!! - ME

I am a fatass thank you very much! LOL

Bodylicious Babe

My max bench is @110 x 8

im just saying youll get alot further if you put your all into it. if you give out a little, or give out alot, and keep control things, then you just dont care enough. youve lost all your weight, so you dont have to care as much as you used to

Originally posted by InferiorDesign
    im just saying youll get alot further if you put your all into it. if you give out a little, or give out alot, and keep control things, then you just dont care enough. youve lost all your weight, so you dont have to care as much as you used to
    THATS BULL ****! You obviously have never been where either of us have you have no freaken idea what its like. It's not as easy as you seem to think. There have been plenty of times I have put my "all" into it and havnt gotten any results...the body is complicated. It doesnt always do what you want it to. I havtn lost all my weight I still have about 50 lbs to go and I actually have to worry about it more then I did before because it is getting tougher for the weight to come off. I have to care even MORE cause I want to make sure I keep it off as well.....you have NO clue what your talking about.
    WHEN LIFE ****S YOU IN THE ASS, YOU GOTTA JUST TURN IT AROUND AND **** IT RIGHT BACK!!!!!! - ME

Bodylicious Babe

My max bench is @110 x 8

"Then on leg day do squats, lunges, stiff legged deadlifts, fluffernutters, and calf raises."--Belial, training a newbie

PowermanDL on Russian culture: "Big furry hats come into play somewhere."

"The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly; it is dearness only that gives everything its value. I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress and grow brave by reflection. 'Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death." --Thomas Paine

you say you gave it your all and got no results, we obviously have a very different opinion of what a persons will is capable of, which gives us both very different opinions. and im way done with this, nothing you can say will deter me from thinking that more can be acheived by caring less.

Grasshoppa
    When you start out, it's kind of hard to say whether or not you get results. After all, you're still a beginner to some extent and trying to figure out what works for you.

That's what this all is really, finding out what will work for you.

If you find yourself cheating all of the time, it's time to re-evaluate your diet. Also need to understand that you have to make sacrifices to get to where you want...will power is a big part of it for me.

Personally, I eat a clean diet 6 days out of the week and then Sunday is my free day. I still try to eat healthy and in moderation, but I'm not measuring every little thing. Sunday is the day I look forward to, hehe. It's like a reward for eating great and working out throughout the week.

Works fine for me.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

Originally posted by InferiorDesign
    you say you gave it your all and got no results, we obviously have a very different opinion of what a persons will is capable of, which gives us both very different opinions. and im way done with this, nothing you can say will deter me from thinking that more can be acheived by caring less.
    Well here is my definition so you wont be as confused!

for 3 months I ate 1800 cals, 115 g or carbs or less a day. I worked out 6 days a week usually at least 30 mins of cardio a day plus weight lifting twice a week....plus abs, stretching etc. And I saw no results for almost 3 months cause I was on a plateua (sp) anyways if that isnt giving it my all i dunno what is..plus I work (standing on my feet) 8-12 hours a day...so whatever dude. I dont want to change your mind, i could pretty much care less what you think cause its pretty obvious you don't know what your talking about.

I am not gonna say what he is doing is right/wrong...but I will say that he dodesnt stick with it long enough to see results...cause he wants fast results...wee all do. Eventually he will learn that it doesnt happen that way. But I know where he is coming from and it's obvious you dont ...

Bodylicious Babe

My max bench is @110 x 8

bone crusher
    Originally posted by Celestial
    THATS BULL ****! You obviously have never been where either of us have you have no freaken idea what its like

calm down, we have established that inferior is lacking in both intelligence and experience.

calm down, we have established that inferior is lacking in both intelligence and experience.
    haha that was great

I am calm Those are the words I thought when I read what he wrote....had to start of my reply with them lol

Bodylicious Babe

My max bench is @110 x 8

No sh*t.

bone crusher
    Originally posted by Tryska
    btw docarooni......

Bump for tryska,
    check your PM!