Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hypertrophy Cluster Training (HCT-12) - An Interview with Dan Roberts - New Article!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
    I would think you'd want safety devices in place no matter what training style you were using.
    If you normally stop 1-2 reps short of failure its not so necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    If you normally stop 1-2 reps short of failure its not so necessary.
    The two prerequisites for muscle growth are, in order of importance, sufficient tension i.e. the load is heavy enough and secondly, fatique i.e. how many times that load is lifted, so yes you've got that right.

As for safety well Offroad gave a good answer but your reply is valid in this case - this program does not advocate failure, stopping short with a rep or two in the tank - the load is heavy enough and the fatigue component sufficient that there's no need to grind things out.

However, sh#t happens and sometimes you can overestimate your abilites - compound that with a bad day and the weight which had you leaving a couple reps in the tank last week, has you wishing there was someone else around to help!

Once you start moving heavy weights pretty much every movement has an associated risk, the bench press more so because the bar is hovering above your chest/neck/head and there's nowehre to bail. Only you can decide if your particular circumstances prohibit your ability to bench in safety and your safety is paramount.

Banned
    Thanks. When I'm pushing my limits then I'll usually grab another person or failing that, one of the trainers. But I can't ask a trainer to hang around for all of my workout, and it seemed like this program may make having spotters more of a necessity. I guess I'll have to wait until its released and see...

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Thanks. When I'm pushing my limits then I'll usually grab another person or failing that, one of the trainers. But I can't ask a trainer to hang around for all of my workout, and it seemed like this program may make having spotters more of a necessity. I guess I'll have to wait until its released and see...
    You'll only need spotters on the bench press, or potentially if you're doing any pressing movement with dumbbells - getting them back up when fatigued is a pain; not unlike any program really.

Wannabebig New Member
    Seeing that this workout has so much hype attached to it, will there be a special place for those of us who choose to adopt it to place our results? That would be neat!

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    Seeing that this workout has so much hype attached to it, will there be a special place for those of us who choose to adopt it to place our results? That would be neat!
    Yup, you can create a log in the journal section of the forums
    BW: 165lbs
    Bench: 235
    Squat: ??
    Deadlift: ??

Wannabebig Member
    Obviously, most of us are concerned. But not being pushy, when can we expect HCT-12 to come out?

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vcjha View Post
    Obviously, most of us are concerned. But not being pushy, when can we expect HCT-12 to come out?
    disregard my post. All the members who are subscribed to wannabebig by email should've gotten the email that the program will be delayed a week.

Wannabebig Member

Ready to Work.

I am beginer and just started lifting and I have been waiting for this program to come out and was wondering if it would be good to try since i am over weight and still working out nutritional kinks. I want to gain muscule and loose weight. Would u recomend this program for me or should I put more of my time into cardio and light weight lifting.
    265lbs
    170lbs bench
    200lbs squat
    2,400 daily caloric intake

Fighting264, HCT-12 would definately be appropiate for you.
    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? – My Training Journal

Squats in socks
    Truly looking forward to this coming out. I'm hoping try something new over the summer. Currently, I have about 40 minutes to workout during school 4 days a week in an overly crowded compact little gym. This summer, I'm going to be dedicating a lot more time to working out, and will be giving this a shot all summer long. Thank you to all that have been working on this.