The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: workout help

Wannabebig Member

workout help

http://www.ironmagazine.com/article65.html

what do you think of this routine. ive been lifting pretty consistently on westside for skinny bastards for about 2 months but i want to switch up the routine what do you think of this? and do they want me to do one bodypart a day??

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

The main question that I have to ask is why do you want to switch routines?
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Pro Strongman | Moderator Tom Mutaffis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chuck123 View Post
    http://www.ironmagazine.com/article65.html

what do you think of this routine. ive been lifting pretty consistently on westside for skinny bastards for about 2 months but i want to switch up the routine what do you think of this? and do they want me to do one bodypart a day??
    A routine like this could be rough on your joints and connective tissue since it calls for four consecutive days of upper body training. If you decided to follow it I would probably re-arrange the split and would also change up some of the exercises.

I do like the idea of having varying rep ranges from week to week although without percentages things can be a bit tricky here. What I would recommend is perhaps using their rep progression as a template and then coming up with some perctages from there so that the 'Power' week calls for the heaviest weights, the 'Rep' week allows you to hit a lot of volume (add more sets than their protocol), and the 'Shock' week combines the two (heavy/high rep, similar to a DC Training workout).

Looking at all of this I would say to probably scrap this routine and look for something else, but if you are interested I can help you to modify it.

What are your goals? Perhaps there is another pre-built template out there that would work well for you...
    ASC 105 Kg Pro Strongman | My Website | Facebook Fan Page

Weight: 235 lbs | Front Squat: 510 lbs | Overhead: 375 lbs | Deadlift: 700 lbs

Supplements: www.AtLargeNutrition.com

Wannabebig Member
    my goals are to become bigger and stronger. defrancos was a good routine but i did it for 2months and i think i just need a change. i know very little about building routines so a pre built would be ideal thank you.

my goals are to become bigger and stronger. defrancos was a good routine but i did it for 2months and i think i just need a change. i know very little about building routines so a pre built would be ideal thank you.
    What did you like and dislike about the WS4SB routine?

I can make a recommendation from there, but want to make sure that it is program that will be in line with what you are looking for.

Wannabebig Member
    i liked it alot because it really got my big 3 up alot but at the same time i got alot bigger and more cut up. i also liked i only did legs 1x a week lol since i like to run and do other cardio acitivities alot that use legs.

i liked it alot because it really got my big 3 up alot but at the same time i got alot bigger and more cut up. i also liked i only did legs 1x a week lol since i like to run and do other cardio acitivities alot that use legs.
    Was there something that you did not like about the program? Or are you just looking for a change?

Wannabebig Member
    well i didnt like how he was always recomending chain and band work since my gym doesnt have any of that. i understand its really effective, but i think since im kind of still a begginer i shud stick more with regular compound lifts etc. but overal ya im just looking for a change

House Lannister
    well i didnt like how he was always recomending chain and band work since my gym doesnt have any of that. i understand its really effective, but i think since im kind of still a begginer i shud stick more with regular compound lifts etc. but overal ya im just looking for a change
    I'd go with whatever Tom prescribes, but a program you might find interesting is Norton's Power/Hypertrophy routine. I'd also look at Madcow 5x5 or the Texas Method.

Wannabebig Member
    that norton one looks like a great routine i might have to start that one out thank you

House Lannister
    that norton one looks like a great routine i might have to start that one out thank you
    It's definitely an interesting workout routine. I'd just make sure that your diet and rest is in order so that you don't blow out on that program quickly as it is pretty high volume and high frequency. It looks to be a good routine though, although I'd probably switch the Machine Dips for weighted Dips and Machine curls for barbell curls. That's just my opinion though.