Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: MonStar's HST Journal

(check out description of my diet by clicking here, check out a description of my supplements by clicking here, check out a description of my HST training by clicking here, and finally check out view my cycle 1 rep maxes by clicking here)

HST Cycle 1 | Microcycle 2 | Day 10
    Thursday, May 30, 2002

Cardio.
    • ----------------------------------------------------------------
      Before Meal 1: 20 minutes stationery bike; alternating one minute of level 6 with one minute of level 8.

After Meal 3: 20 minutes treadmill; 3.5 MPH @ a 15% incline.
      ----------------------------------------------------------------

Diet. Isocaloric Day.
      Meal 1: Lean-Body MRP + 1 cup skim milk
      (380 calories, 53g protein, 40g carbs, 2g fat)

Meal 2: 2 slices whole-wheat bread + turkey breast + 3 sliecs fat-free cheese + 1 tbsp. low-fat mayo + 1 cup skim milk
      (360 calories, 36g protein, 39g carbs, 8g fat)

Meal 3: 3 servings protein + 1 cup skim milk
      (380 calories, 62g protein, 26g carbs, 5g fat)

Meal 4: 2 tbsp. peanut butter + 1 slice whole-wheat bread + 2 cups skim milk
      (390 calories, 27g protein, 40g carbs, 17g fat)

Meal 5: 2 slices whole-wheat bread + 1 can tuna + 1 tbsp. low-fat mayo + 2 slices fat-free cheese + 1 cup skim milk
      (420 calories, 55g protein, 35g carbs, 8g fat)

Meal 6: 1 cup skim milk
      (80 calories, 8g protein, 12g carbs, 0g fat)

Diet Totals.
      Total Calories: 2010
      Total (g) Protein: 241g - 46%
      Total (g) Carbs: 192g - 37%
      Total (g) Fat: 40g - 17%

Woah my totals were a little off. Haha a tad too low in fat and too high in protein as you can see. Hopefully the same thing wont happen tomorrow. Hehe. Oh well in my eyes the higher my protein intake the better. I think a little higher in protein is better than a little higher in carbs. Just my $.02.

Overall Comments.
      Felt completely FAT today when I woke up. Just felt like a big fat slob and wasnt looking forward to doing my AM cardio at all. Oh well had to suck it up and deal. Anyway overall today I felt fat. Very very very fat. Wore a shirt to go and apply for jobs that was WAY too tight it really just made me feel like a fat piece of sh!t. Need to harden up again and drop this extra flab in my midsection. Really pissing me off.

Pain/Soreness.
      Chest is aching today, lats and back are hurting too. Traps are a little sore as well.

Sleep.
      7 hours of pathetic sleep last night. My stupid a*s b!tch Mom woke me up a few times this morning. Such a sl*t!

Supplements.
      Precardio: 5cc Liquid Clenbutrx + 500 mg. ALA + 5g glutamine

With Meal 1: multi-vitamin/mineral + 1g vitamin C + 400 IU vitamin E + 1 Calcium Complete

With Meal 2: 1g vitamin C + 400 IU vitamin E + 1 Calcium Complete + 1 Lipodryl

With Meal 3: multi-vitamin/mineral + 1g vitamin C + 400 IU vitamin E + 1 Calcium Complete + 1 Lipodryl

Before Bed: 6 mg. melatonin + 5g glutamine + 2g glucosamine sulfate

Took 2g of glucosamine before bed tonight. Going to add around 4g or so per day just for the next few days or so. My left knee and left elbow have been hurting a little. And so have my right wrist. So well see how this helps. Cant deal with f*cking joint problems!

Training.
      Rest.

Training Length.
      Didnt workout.

Water.
      Good amount today I guess. Maybe need some more tomorrow.

Weight.
      Today before cardio, with clothes but without shoes, I weighed 203 lbs. Actually closer to 202.5 lbs. but I decided to round up. Oh well. Down a tad from yesterday but I dont expect to get my weight back down for a little while.
    Last edited by MonStar; 05-31-2002 at 08:55 AM.

Again she woke you up!?!
    "In the grand scheme of things, both things are quite superficial(obsessed with being muscular&ripped and incredibly strong). And yet lifting can teach you so much. My time at the gym--at least when I'm lifting--is invariably the high-point of my day. There aren't any questions; I almost don't even think. I go into an almost meditative trance-like state. Day-to-day worries become insignificant. I'm focused solely on the weight, and my reason for existence is clear. To move the bar and to improve on what I accomplished last time. Seldom are things so simple." - Blood&Iron

"Most people cannot understand what burns in our blood, the gym is our addiction and iron is our drug. People don't understand why we commit hours a day to a goal where progress is so small it seems immeasurable, why we do cardio instead of watch TV, why eat 6 meals a day, why we insist on ordering diet soda or how we can drink skim milk. Most people will simply never grasp why we refuse to settle for a mediocre body." - Severed Ties

What's up fella....I don't know if you've covered this before, but I noticed you are 18--are you hitting up college in the fall? Managing a diet at school is tough...but then again so is eating frequently and effectively when you work 8 hours a day over the summer.

Good post man appreciate it. You dont seem to comment in my journal often but when you do it seriously is nice. I agree with what you said. Fighting the urge to binge at some points seems impossible. Even though I get low-fat refeeds (binges) it doesnt seem to kill my cravings for Taco Bell.

most of the time I like to kid around and post crazy, but there are times when you can tell the subject isnt something to joke with,
    there was a few times when I was real serious, but I like to keep it light, Im glad the diet/binge thing is more in prospective for ya, we, both can conqure the problem, all we have to do is keep plugging away, eventualy everything will fall into place

also I might not comment often in your journal but I do check it out often, yours and Blood and Irons, I like they way its set up
    all the info you could want is there, someday mine will be that discriptive but for now I will keep working on it

Originally posted by Marcel
    Again she woke you up!?!
    Yeah that little sl*t. I cant stand the b!tch shell never understand how important sleep is to me. Godd*mn b!tch. Oh well nothing I can do now.

Originally posted by JohnnyAutoParts
    What's up fella....I don't know if you've covered this before, but I noticed you are 18--are you hitting up college in the fall? Managing a diet at school is tough...but then again so is eating frequently and effectively when you work 8 hours a day over the summer.
    Yeah man I am starting college this Fall. Not really looking forward to it to be honest. Hehe just working and going to school and trying to train and everything like that. Probably going to get annoying real fast. I think that

Ill be okay though as long as I can stick to my eating plans etc. Dont binge and do anything stupid like that. Well see how things go. Thanks for the post man good to hear from ya.

Originally posted by JohnnyAutoParts
    most of the time I like to kid around and post crazy, but there are times when you can tell the subject isnt something to joke with,
    there was a few times when I was real serious, but I like to keep it light, Im glad the diet/binge thing is more in prospective for ya, we, both can conqure the problem, all we have to do is keep plugging away, eventualy everything will fall into place

also I might not comment often in your journal but I do check it out often, yours and Blood and Irons, I like they way its set up
    all the info you could want is there, someday mine will be that discriptive but for now I will keep working on it.
    Thanks a lot for the post man, definitely appreciated. Yeah I try to keep my journal as detailed and and updated as possible. And like you said Blood&Iron's is great too. Very detailed etc. Even more so than mine.

Anyway yeah I will try and keep my binges under control. Refeeds should be enough for me. Thats not how I should think of it to be honest. Refeeds will be enough for me. Enough bullsh!t.

MS

(check out description of my diet by clicking here, check out a description of my supplements by clicking here, check out a description of my HST training by clicking here, and finally check out view my cycle 1 rep maxes by clicking here)

HST Cycle 1 | Microcycle 2 | Day 11
    Friday, May 31, 2002

Cardio.
      Postworkout: 20 minutes treadmill; 3.5 MPH @ a 15% incline.

Diet. Isocaloric Day.
      Meal 1: Myoplex Low-carb MRP + 1 cup skim milk
      (370 calories, 58g protein, 21g carbs, 7g fat)

Meal 2: 1 bag cashews
      (270 calories, 8g protein, 11g carbs, 22g fat)

Meal 3: 2 cups skim milk
      (160 calories, 16g protein, 24g carbs, 1g fat)

Postworkout: 2 servings whey protein + 1/2 serving Cell-Tech
      (420 calories, 44g protein, 55g carbs, 3g fat)

Meal 5: Powerbar Pria bar
      (110 calories, 5g protein, 16g carbs, 3g fat)

Meal 6: 1 slice whole-wheat bread + 2 tbsp. peanut butter + 2 cups skim milk
      (390 calories, 27g carbs, 40g carbs, 17g fat)

Meal 7: 1 cup cottage cheese + 1/2 cup pineapple
      (290 calories, 26g protein, 25g carbs, 10g fat)

Diet Totals.
      Total Calories: 2010
      Total (g) Protein: 184g - 35%
      Total (g) Carbs: 192g - 37%
      Total (g) Fat: 63g - 28%

Overall Comments.
      Woke up this morning and felt dehydrated and fat. Its pretty f*cking nuts how much cheating / binging can really f*ck your diet and training up. In the gym dips and chins feel harder obviously because I weigh more. Stomach feel like a damn jelly roll. Just a sickening feeling. Tomorrow is my highschool graduation which should be fun. Ill probably feel fat during it and be miserable because of it but who cares. Nothing that I can do about it now. Its too late.

Pain/Soreness.
      Traps and chest are sore, lats and midback are also very very sore. Aching today!

Sleep.
      7.5 hours sleep last night. Finally got a good amount of sleep, completely uninterrupted. Thats a first.

Supplements.
      With Meal 1: multi-vitamin/mineral + 5g glutamine + 1g vitamin C + 400 IU vitamin E + 1 Calcium Complete + 1 Lipodryl + 2g glucosamine sulfate

With Meal 2: 1g vitamin C + 400 IU vitamin E + 1 Calcium Complete

With Meal 3: multi-vitamin/mineral + 1g vitamin C + 400 IU vitamin E + 1 Calcium Complete + 1 Lipodryl

Preworkout: 5cc Liquid Clenbutrx + 250 mg. ALA

Postworkout: 1/2 serving Cell-Tech + 5g creatine + 5g glutamine peptides + 3g arginine + 1g ginger + 250 mg. ALA + 250 mg. Aminogen

Before Bed: 6 mg. melatonin + 5g glutamine + 2g glucosamine sulfate

Again added 4g of glucosamine today. Just for a few days to see how it helps out with my joints etc. Well see what happens.

Training.
      Back Squats:

365 x 10

AWESOME set of squats today. Holy motherf*cking sh!t this was a hard a*s set. Haha I was f*cking close to failure boy holy sh!t. Little too close to be honest. On the 9th rep I went all the way down and touched the bar to the power rack pins and damn I didnt think I was going to get it back up. But I did. Got 10 which was good. Going for 375 I think for my 10RM. Maybe 380 depending on how I feel Sunday. Actually I felt very very strong in this set EXCEPT my 9th rep..

Lying Leg Curls:

165 x 10

Nice hard set of lying leg curls today. Really hit my hamstrings very hard. Good focus and concentration, nice slow reps hitting my hams hard. Going to go for 180 I think as my 10RM. That should be perfect for frying my hamstrings completely. I am pretty sure that my machine only goes up to like 210 lbs. so that will probably end up being my 5RM.

Standing Smith-machine Calf Raises:

320 x 10

Nice hard set of calf raises today. Took the set very very slow with some good hard calf contractions. Really hammered my calves very hard. Good overall set. Was supposed to do 315 today but I felt strong and decided to hit up 320. going to go for 335 lbs. as my 10RM. That should be right about failure.

Flat Barbell Presses:

215 x 10

Woah WAY too close to failure here! tuttuttuttut Dumb move on my part I guess. Very very hard set. Really hit my pecs hard. My 9th and 10th reps were very very tough. I am still going to try for 225 lbs. on Sunday even though I might only 7-9 reps. Well see how it goes Sunday. Hopefully Ill feel very strong on this exercise. Hope so.

Wide-grip Underhand Chins:

+20 x 10

HARD set of chins! Way too hard to be honest. Going to go for +25-30 lbs. on Sunday. I cant really decide. Because +20 was definitely hard, hard as f*ck actually. But I want to strive for a lot so I am going to go for +30 lbs. as my 10RM. See how that goes. Hopefully Ill get at least 8. Preferably 10 if I go all out balls to the wall.

Dips:

+70 x 10

Hard set of dips today! Wow really hit my pecs very very hard. Hammered the f*cking hell outta my pecs to be honest. Leaned forward and really squeezed my pecs hard. Going to go for +80-85 lbs. as my 10RM. Thats going to be close to impossible but I am going to try and go for it.

Bentover Underhand Cambered-bar Rows:

215 x 10

Awesome set of bentover rows today! Really squeezed my lats hard with every single rep. Good concentration today I think. Arched my back, had a good stance and all that too. Great ROM and good overall form. Thats really important for this exercise I think. Anyway hit my lats very hard. Going to go for 230 lbs. as my 10RM I think. That should be just about perfect for achieving 10, good solid reps.

Seated Behind-neck Barbell Presses:

140 x 10

Woah great hard set of BTN presses today. Really hit my delts hard with this set. Good form, nice ROM, good overall set. Very intense with some good focus. Anyway 140 lbs. for 10 was pretty tough so I am going to go for a 150 lbs. 10RM. That should be tough but I think Ill get 9-10 reps. Jeez thats actually going to be really tough but oh well. Ill get it.

Rack Pulls:

355 x 10

Awesome set of rack pulls today!! Not quite to failure but pretty close. Right about where I should be at this point in my microcycle I think. Nice slow reps really feeling it hard in my traps and lower back and grip. Great overall set. Felt it big time in my middle and upper traps. Really dropped the bar low putting tremendous pressure and tension on my traps. Really hit them hard with this set.

Standing Barbell Curls:

100 x 10

HARD set of BB curls today! Tad bit of body English the last rep or so I think. Nothing too big of a deal. 105 lbs. for 10 is perfect for my 10RM. Going to be a great set I think. Anyway nice bicep contractions today. Really felt it hard in my biceps. Okay pump considering that it was just one single set for biceps.

Lying Cambered-bar Extensions:

120 x 10

Actually not too hard of a set of skulls today. This was supposed to be my 10RM according to that formula. Obviously not. Going to actually be strong and go for 130 for 10. Haha I am not sure if Ill get 130 f*cking lbs. for 10 but I am sure as hell going to try hard!! Looking forward to it actually because if I get 130 for 10 I might get 140-150 lbs. for 5. Hehe that would be nuts! Really great for me.

Standing Barbell Reverse Curls:

80 x 10

Nice hard set of reverse curls today. This was actually 5 lbs. higher than my estimated 10RM believe it or not. Pretty crazy. Going to go for 90 lbs. as my 10RM. Might use a little body English but I think Ill be fine as long as I slow down the negative part of every rep and really feel it in my brachialis and brachioradialis. Anyway nice hard today, hit forearms and all that hard.

Machine Crunches:

165 x 10

Good set! I am definitely going to go for 175 as my 10RM. Thats perfect because today was a real b!tch getting all 10, 175 is going to be a stretch. Need to strive to get more and more and more. Thats the way that I think of it at least. Anyway nice hard set of crunches. Felt it bad in my abs. Deep aching right from the first rep.

Training Length.
      Workout today lasted 50 minutes. Gym a little busy. But tough workout pretty exausting.

Water.
      Good amount today I guess, maybe need more tomorrow.

Weight.
      Today preworkout, with clothes but without shoes, I weighed 201 lbs. Down 2 lbs. from yesterday. So I guess I am slowly dropping back down to the weight that I was. Thats a good thing.
    Last edited by MonStar; 05-31-2002 at 10:08 PM.

Micky, as daft as this question may seem, why do you cheat so often when you know you feel bad about it and bad about yourself afterwards? Surely you should have learned that now and curbed "cheats" down to at least once a fortnight?
    "Geordie/'d3c:di/n. & adj. Brit colloq. n. 1 a native of Tyneside. 2 the dialect spoken on Tyneside. adj. of or relating to Tyneside, its people, or its dialect. [the name George + -IE]

Originally posted by The_Chicken_Daddy
    Micky, as daft as this question may seem, why do you cheat so often when you know you feel bad about it and bad about yourself afterwards? Surely you should have learned that now and curbed "cheats" down to at least once a fortnight?
    Yeah exactly Rob. That is what you would think.

But for some reason I binge and cheat off my diet like a pathetic loser and just feel horrible afterwards. Somehow while I am cheating I am in a good mood etc. Just eating fast food and everything like that. Kind of stupid if you ask me.

I guess its basically psycologically gratifying or something along those lines. Thats all that I can think of. I mean other than that I just feel like sh!t.

Think of it this way, you get a craving and fight it or maybe eat something little. I get this horrible craving for some reason and binge and gorge myself for hours on the fast food I crave.

MS
    Last edited by MonStar; 06-01-2002 at 05:42 AM.

Ok, last year one thing i did was set myself a day in say...two weeks where i'd allocate an entire cheat day. Anything goes. Everytime i felt i wanted to cheat i told myself that it would mean my planned cheat day wouldn't feel as special so i wouldn't cheat.

Why not give it a shot?
    "Geordie/'d3c:di/n. & adj. Brit colloq. n. 1 a native of Tyneside. 2 the dialect spoken on Tyneside. adj. of or relating to Tyneside, its people, or its dialect. [the name George + -IE]

Bespoke Super Mod
    Michael, not sure if its your estrogen levels playing up again or something else, but you seem to be very panicky what with all these diet and training related questions. Take a deep breath...

We don't know your body or how you respond to manipulation of different diets/macros etc. so we can only help to a certain degree. Try and stick to a routine for a couple of months and use a diet you know that will work well for you and your body
    "A + B + C = Success if, A = Hard Work, B = Hard Play, C = Keeping your mouth shut" -Albert
    Einstein

I've always gone to the gym with the conviction that I'll be the hardest working mother****er in the joint. Make that your credo, and hope we don't lift at the same place.
    -- Adam Fahy

"Fran is a double-hard bastard"- Clint Brewer 31/12/02

Because he can't stick with anything for more than a few weeks. Monstar, I'm sad for you, I really am. I hope you truly find something that makes you happy and you enjoy, both in a routine and a "diet". Looking forward to seeing what comes next. Catch you in the next journal.