Thread: Deadlift video

Threaded View

Deadlift video

I figured I always post up bench vids and it was time to change it up. Plus, I have not done a vid in a while. It's only a trap bar dl and it's not anything to write home about, but there's a bit of a story behind it..

Alright, so I was on the phone with Joey Smith the other night and he reminded me about a 800 lb trap bar dl I did at strongman comp. It was a bunch of years ago and I was 40 lbs heavier at the time. It got me thinking and believe me, that's never a good thing.

So today I got off the treadmill and got a wild hair about doing some singles on the dl instead of my 5/3/1. I call it my 5/3/1 because I only do the prescribed reps and never go for more like Jim tells you to. Also, I based all my numbers off of only around 470 and pretty much never change my numbers. That's how I squat also. I don't really care about what I can squat or deadlift, however, I have zero interest in training my legs and core other than squatting or deadlifting. Oh yeah, I only use the upper handles on the trap bar because I am a bench only bitch.

Anyway, after cardio, on a low carb day, using the lower handles I figured let's have some fun. All was fun until 585. I grabbed the bar a little forward, so I had to re-grip. After I put it down, I felt my right bicep get a nice twinge. My right bicep has been partially torn. Now I figured there's room on the bar so I have to take 675. My brain said the last time you deadlifted 675 you tore your left bicep off (although that was a conventional dl on a regular bar). Being close to 41 I am struggling with knowing if I am on the downhill slide. I do know one thing, I don't like my body or mind trying to take over the whole show. So, I figured if I tear my bicep off it would be my body giving me an answer. I grabbed the bar and started the lift. My whole body thought it was a bad idea, but my head said to finish the lift. Slowly I gutted it out. When I put the bar down you can quickly see my back seize up. I totally pulled my right pec, bicep, and glute also. I would do it again in a second. I'm just glad the trap bar did not hold any more weight.

Video
    Last edited by vdizenzo; 04-28-2010 at 06:44 PM.

Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

My Training Log , My Youtube Videos

"The weak will never understand" - Vincent Dizenzo