The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Hybrid View

Welcome Steve Colescott to Wannabebig as a full time staff member!

We are pleased to welcome Steve Colescott to Wannabebig as a full time staff member. He will be a major contributor and this is a significant step as we look to expand the range and frequency of the website’s content.

With over two decades working in the fitness industry, Steve Colescott has written over a hundred published articles known for their unique content, weird humor and real world applicability.

Find out more about Steve and what he'll be getting involved in HERE

Thanks!

Daniel
    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? – My Training Journal

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Welcome aboard, it's going to be great having you here contributing more. And thanks to Daniel and Chris for putting together this great assortment of knowledgeable contributors.

I would love to hear more on the 20 rep squat and it's benefits (big surprise) and how you were able to overcome your "Hardgainer-ness."
    Last edited by Off Road; 05-07-2010 at 08:25 PM.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Welcome Steve!

Steve is a great asset to the WBB staff

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

Wannabebig New Member
    Hello Steve,

I remember receiving Beverly's Body Muscle and perusing every article that had your name in the by line. Your routines were instrumental in my training and I welcome you to WannaBeBig.

Welcome!

Welcome aboard.

Wannabebig Member
    Awesome addition guys - Steve is going to take WBB to the next level, guaranteed.

Wannabebig Member
    Bienvenue

Guerrilla Journalist Steve Colescott's Avatar
    Thanks for the welcome, guys. Sorry about my delayed response. I have been installing (or attempting to install) new software so I can add some new things to the site. Daniel and Chris have a very solid and progressive direction for the site and (to use a football analogy) I am just throwing blocks so that they can carry the ball a little further.

Thanks ranxerox48 for the kind words about my past writing. They had another writer there named R. Traufee' that I may try to lure over here too. Off Road, while it is not my next project you will see, there is a big weight gain article in the works, and I can say that is an area I can write about that will give you more practical, proven strategies than you have ever seen anywhere else.

Good to be here!

Garage Lifter
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Colescott View Post
    there is a big weight gain article in the works, and I can say that is an area I can write about that will give you more practical, proven strategies than you have ever seen anywhere else.
    Looking forward to this one. Welcome and thanks for the content that we've gotten and will get.
    "Its not the will to win that matters, everyone has that. Its the will to prepare to win that matters." Bear Bryant
    My blog: http://mattsdailyjournal.wordpress.com/
    My Journal: http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...88#post2271988

In the photo Daniel posted (from my Facebook account -- feel free to add me as a friend on there), I make a reference to my dreamcar, which does not look particularly impressive to most, so I thought I would explain.

I am not a lover of sportscars or pimped-out rides. In fact, I'm okay driving a dependable rustbucket, since I could care less about needing a display of non-existent wealth. If I found myself getting a check in the mail next week for $40,000 from an unexpected inheritance or lucky lottery ticket, I would be more likely to run out and salivate over the fine enginerring of a EFTS power rack, Hammer Strength machine or Sorinex Hurricane than dropping it on a performance car.

The vehicle in the photos was an Austrian line made for the Swiss Army called a Pinzgauer. They come in four and six-wheeled versions and I have looked at a few different models that are surprisingly inexpensive.

My main (two to four years in the future) goal is to start my own warehouse personal training studio. I hopefully will still be here working alongside Chris and Daniel and torturing clients as a part-time hobby. The Pinzgauer would be an inexpensive, eye-catching mobile billboard for it.

Here are some photos of the Pinzgauer. They can truly go places that Jeep, Range Rover and Hummer drivers can only view via binoculars.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Colescott View Post
    They can truly go places that Jeep...drivers can only view via binoculars.
    I'll take that bet

Last edited by Off Road; 05-08-2010 at 04:04 PM.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

With six tires with independently pivoting axels, The Pinzgauer will keep moving forward as long as a wheel or two is touching solid terrain. Personally, I'm a city guy so I just like the unique appearance, plenty of room for stuff and its ability to absorb the impact of those pesky pedestrians (I tend to daydream as I drive).

They are cool looking indeed.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

Yay more offroad fans?

<--- 2009 Jeep Sahara (just about to get my new lift tires fender flares and front/rear bumper)

Welcome to the board

Thanks for welcoming Steve to the team guys!

We have very ambitious palns for Wannabebig and AtLarge Nutrition and part of bringing Steve on its to help us achieve these.

There is some great content in the works and you guys can look forward to more regular content (we have some really cool stuff lined up) and we have ideas for several new products and also even some tweaks/improvements to our existing product line. We also want to continue to grow and develop the community...

It means a lot to know you guys are behind us, we appreciate it!
    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? – My Training Journal