The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

puking after eating

For a couple months now I have been eating about 4500 calories a day. However, probably at least once a week I have a puking episode. Sometimes I won't even feel that full then all of a sudden I will gag and almost always after that I have to run to the bathroom because within a few minutes I will be puking. It sucks because I end up puking up a few meals and I lose all the calories and protein that I took in. Does anyone else have this problem? What can I do to stop it?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Quote Originally Posted by Fighter_15 View Post
    For a couple months now I have been eating about 4500 calories a day. However, probably at least once a week I have a puking episode. Sometimes I won't even feel that full then all of a sudden I will gag and almost always after that I have to run to the bathroom because within a few minutes I will be puking. It sucks because I end up puking up a few meals and I lose all the calories and protein that I took in. Does anyone else have this problem? What can I do to stop it?
    Go see a doctor? I have taken in more calories than that before and been cool, as I am sure other people on here have. Sounds like you might have a gastrointestinal problem...
    Most people pray for a lighter load in life...ever thought of praying for a stronger back?

Goals as of 2/08/11 (current) goal:
    Squat: (505) 535, Deadlift: (475) 500, Bench: (325) 350 Total: 1305 (1385)
    BW: 225 as of 02/01/2011 Goal: 205 by May 1, 2011

Garage Lifter
    Sounds like reflux. Go see a doctor. Over the counter stuff that might help would be zantac, pepcid, or prilosec.
    "Its not the will to win that matters, everyone has that. Its the will to prepare to win that matters." Bear Bryant
    My blog: http://mattsdailyjournal.wordpress.com/
    My Journal: http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...88#post2271988

Sounds like reflux. Go see a doctor. Over the counter stuff that might help would be zantac, pepcid, or prilosec.
    I doubt taking that stuff would help him keep his food down any. Besides, true acid reflux is really just the stomach lacking enough hydrochloric acid to break down the food, therefore it churns and churns in attempts to break it down and that process causes acids to bubble up into the esophageous. You can get hydrochloric acid tablets from any health food store. This is actually more common than you think, and I would bet that your stomach is purging the food because it doesn't have the acid to break it down. Taking HCl is very safe, and a natural remedy that works wonders for many people.

edit: I should have mentioned that it can usually be known as Betaine HCl. Here's a link:

http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/search/...ction=vitamins
    Last edited by MadChef; 05-05-2010 at 02:15 PM.

Thanks I will have to try it out. I hope it works because this is very annoying when it happens. It messes up my calorie count for the day.

What do you eat? It might not be the calories but what youre eating list it and maybe removing some things while including some others will get rid of all problems

A gallon a day, everyday! ThomasG's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fighter_15 View Post
    Yea I do. I can't eat eggs anymore or anything with egg albumin in it or I puke my guts out. Just started one day a couple years ago and ever since I'm egg intolerant. This mean no nitrean for me I still have a full tub of it lol. For awhile it was anything protein dense, then it went away besides eggs.
    My Journal
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    you're an intelligent guy... but you're also half #$%&ing crazy... and that my friend is the formula for a great powerlifter.
    23 Years old
    5'10 198'er
    Squat-565(wraps) 560(Raw)
    Bench:365(raw)
    Deadlift:555(raw)
    Front Squat-465x1 (wraps) 405x2 (raw)
    AtLarge Nutrition Optimize your body and Support WBB

Quote Originally Posted by Skalami View Post
    What do you eat? It might not be the calories but what youre eating list it and maybe removing some things while including some others will get rid of all problems
    Oatmeal, tuna, chicken, pasta, cottage cheese, milk, subs

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasG View Post
    Yea I do. I can't eat eggs anymore or anything with egg albumin in it or I puke my guts out. Just started one day a couple years ago and ever since I'm egg intolerant. This mean no nitrean for me I still have a full tub of it lol. For awhile it was anything protein dense, then it went away besides eggs.
    Yea its pretty annoying. I don't really eat eggs. I think it's sort of mental for me as well.

i would maybe try cutting out the cottage cheese and maybe after that milk... see if that helps, i like cottage cheese but i forgot how but it just doesnt agree with me

Gastric reflux/acid reflux is accompanied by heartburn, he made no mention of heartburn. Try the HCl with Pepsin... I'm telling you, it works wonders. If you have chest pain after eating, and a feeling like your food is not going all the way down, you may have a hiatal hernia. Look up this term, it's much more common than you might think and it can be easily treated without surgery. (the hernia can be manually corrected by the right doctor, avoid surgery for this).