The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Hybrid View

Question on Program 2

I want to embark on program 2 but I have a question on the second A and B workouts. For example, if i bench on Monday and work up to a 6RM+2+2+2, then should I do the same intensity on Friday and then repeat the same process the next week. That would be following the program as stated, but I was wanting to know if on Friday I should do maybe Incline instead to switch things up, or just wait to switch or stay with bench during the second cycle of the 4 week program. Hope this wasn't to confusing on what I'm asking.

Thanks guys
    BW: 165lbs
    Bench: 235
    Squat: ??
    Deadlift: ??

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Banned
    I was wondering the same thing. The thing I enjoy about the 4 day split normally is that I can use two different compounds to work the muscle. An example of how I have been doing it is on a Tuesday I would do flat bench and military press, and Thursday I would do incline press and dumbell shoulder press. Any answers?

Zach

Quote Originally Posted by zbollman View Post
    I was wondering the same thing. The thing I enjoy about the 4 day split normally is that I can use two different compounds to work the muscle. An example of how I have been doing it is on a Tuesday I would do flat bench and military press, and Thursday I would do incline press and dumbell shoulder press. Any answers?

Zach
    This is in the FAQ fyi -

Making changes to the training splitsQ. I plan on doing the 4-day routine. Can I do Mon/Tues, Thurs/Fri or does that leave too many rest days over the weekend? Also, should A1 and A2 have the same exercises or should each one have its own blend?

A. Keeping it to weekdays is fine. A1 and A2 dont necessarily have to have the same exercises, but I suggest initially seeing how you get on with keeping them the same. The fewer variables you need to keep track of the better.

However, it is your routine. We have given you the outline and the plan to follow. It is up to you to make it work best for you. If you want different variations of the same movement, go for it. I have no issues with using a variation on a theme. A dumbbell bench and a Hammer Strength bench are both going to work the horizontal pressing muscles after all, which is all youre really after.

Banned
    Just saw Chris Mason's post in another thread. I'll go with no changing

Zach

I think I would focus on one until it stalled. Then you could focus on a different one. I think it's obvious that this routine is trying to get you stronger on a handful of lifts rather than trying to hit the muscles from every angle.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Understood. I just wasn't sure if the 2 day rest between A2 and A1 was enough but like it says, it's designed for what you can handle and I'm ready to begin.
    BW: 165lbs
    Bench: 235
    Squat: ??
    Deadlift: ??

As the guys say, give it a go as written. Once you get the hang of the program and then if you have enough experience to tinker, go ahead but try and give it a shot for a good 4-6 weeks exactly as it is before making any changes.
    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? My Training Journal