Thread: Rack the Bar?

Wannabebig New Member

Rack the Bar?

New to this, please forgive me. So at the end of doing six working sets at six reps each, I rack the bar and do 2 reps, rack bar do 2 reps, rack bar do 2 reps, finished with that body part. What does it mean to "rack the bar"? Thanks Maybe I have it.

For instance Barbell Curls:

Bar x 6
    50x6
    55x6
    60x6
    65x6
    70x6x2x2x2
    Last edited by DEBOE; 05-11-2010 at 09:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DEBOE View Post
    New to this, please forgive me. So at the end of doing six working sets at six reps each, I rack the bar and do 2 reps, rack bar do 2 reps, rack bar do 2 reps, finished with that body part. What does it mean to "rack the bar"? Thanks Maybe I have it.

For instance Barbell Curls:

Bar x 6
    50x6
    55x6
    60x6
    65x6
    70x6x2x2x2
    It means, 'put the bar down'.

'put the bar down'.
    Saw this on an episode of cops once. For squats, racking the bar would probably be the equivalent of standing with knees locked?

Quote Originally Posted by MadChef View Post
    Saw this on an episode of cops once. For squats, racking the bar would probably be the equivalent of standing with knees locked?
    Not a good idea to lock your knees with weight on your back (locking your knees can cause fainting). If you have a squat rack, put the bar back in the rack and rest 30 seconds, then pick it up again.
    5'10"

Ultra Nasty Hypertrophy journal (HCT-12)-http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...rnal!-(HCT-12)

Old My 5-3-1 Journal:http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=132576

If you have a squat rack, put the bar back in the rack and rest 30 seconds, then pick it up again.
    This.

Not a good idea to lock your knees with weight on your back (locking your knees can cause fainting).
    I did not know this. Is that because the bar cuts off blood flow to the brain? I didn't actually mean to say one should lock out their knees (shoulda made that more clear), but standing up straight so the weight is supported by your frame is what I meant. But now that I think about it, standing with the weight on your shoulders for two minutes would probably be pretty uncomfortable and draining so I rescind my question.

Quote Originally Posted by MadChef View Post
    I did not know this. Is that because the bar cuts off blood flow to the brain? I didn't actually mean to say one should lock out their knees (shoulda made that more clear), but standing up straight so the weight is supported by your frame is what I meant. But now that I think about it, standing with the weight on your shoulders for two minutes would probably be pretty uncomfortable and draining so I rescind my question.
    No, actually just locking your knees in general can cause fainting. But it's much more dangerous if you have 300 lbs on your back. I agree with the second part of your statement.
    5'10"

Ultra Nasty Hypertrophy journal (HCT-12)-http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...rnal!-(HCT-12)

I always lock my knees when standing, or squatting, and i have yet to faint. Do you really stand with soft knees?
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Quote Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
    I always lock my knees when standing, or squatting, and i have yet to faint. Do you really stand with soft knees?
    Lol no. It's only a danger if the knees are locked for a prolonged period I think (though it varies from person to person). But I'd think with lifting heavy weights and lower oxygen intake, it'd be more of a danger. The odds of anything happening are probably extremely low, but I'd never recommend anyone lock their knees with weight on their back. Then again, I'm no doctor.

Actually though, I remember giving a presentation in second grade with a friend (show and tell or something). He was nervous so he locked up his knees and fainted in front of the whole class. I had to finish for him.
    Last edited by AKMass; 05-11-2010 at 11:38 AM.
    5'10"

Oh okay...I've heard that somewhere too but I've never experienced it.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Oh okay...I've heard that somewhere too but I've never experienced it.
    Happened to me in second grade while standing on risers for choir practice. Needless to say, the girl in front of me didn't appreciate my taking her down with me.

TB

Wannabebig Member
    actually it will, i told this kid about it i said if you do it for 15 minutes you will faint and he didnt believe me so he did it and what do you know, he fainted

Wannabebig Member
    Why is this so difficult to understand ? For Squats, rack the weight, get out from underneath the bar shake your arms, shake your legs, Take a couple of deep breaths, take a visualization relaxing breath, get under the bar, get set, walkout and do the two reps.

A gallon a day, everyday! ThomasG's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tomsids View Post
    Happened to me in second grade while standing on risers for choir practice. Needless to say, the girl in front of me didn't appreciate my taking her down with me.

TB
    lol same thing in 2and grade too lol!! I still remember we were singing the safety kids. I took out a couple kids on my way down haha.
    My Journal
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    you're an intelligent guy... but you're also half #$%&ing crazy... and that my friend is the formula for a great powerlifter.
    23 Years old
    5'10 198'er
    Squat-565(wraps) 560(Raw)
    Bench:365(raw)
    Deadlift:555(raw)
    Front Squat-465x1 (wraps) 405x2 (raw)
    AtLarge Nutrition Optimize your body and Support WBB