I started this routine yesterday, please review my first day and see if I have this concept.

I started on bench with 95x1, 115x1, 135x6, 165x6, 165x6, 165x6, 165x6, 165x6, 165x6x2x2x2. Does that rep scheme sound accurate?

I went on to do pull ups, and with no available I tried to keep the 6 rep scheme, but I found I had to do 9 sets of 6 in order to hit the point where I felt ready for the last rest-pause set. I would use lat-pulldowns.... but I have a rule about machines.

Press -80x1, 95x6, 115x6, 115x6, 115x6, 115x6, 115x6, 115x6x2x2x2. (Am I doing 1 too many sets?)

Then I did dumbell rows using the same rep scheme. I decided to call it a day at this point and forego the recommended tricep work as I felt like anything more might be a bit much. It's a lot of pressing, does anyone else feel like assistance work isn't necessary, at least at the beginning?

Overall, a really good workout, my chest and shoulders are feelin pretty good today (and by good I mean sore).

One last question: At what point in the routine would be a good time to test our 1rm on all big lifts (press, bench, squat, deadlift). I assume at the point where we begin to stall, but it's been a while since I committed myself to a real routine so any help would be appreciated. Thanks!