Thread: Abs in HCT-12

Wannabebig Member

Abs in HCT-12

I'm new to the forum, and looking forward to doing this program. My question is just to clarify that abs are done with the exact same rep count as all other muscle groups. The only one specifically pointed out to be done different that I saw was calves, which was just how the reps are done, not the count. If abs are to be done the same way as everything else, then how do you do the ab wheel, barbell rollout, or the sprinter crunch, since all 3 of these excercises are based on your body weight's resistance, where you wont be able to adjust the resistance to find your true 6 rep weight?

Thanks for your reply in advance.

Certain ab exercises can be loaded appropriately others (those you mention) are a bit more tricky. It's up to you to choose your poison, loaded exercises following the rep scheme, or unloaded following your own, the program doesn't stand or fall on the execution of ab exercises. Make the program yours, afterall you have to enjoy it to keep doing it and ultimately that's the key to progress.

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Roberts View Post
    Certain ab exercises can be loaded appropriately others (those you mention) are a bit more tricky. It's up to you to choose your poison, loaded exercises following the rep scheme, or unloaded following your own, the program doesn't stand or fall on the execution of ab exercises. Make the program yours, afterall you have to enjoy it to keep doing it and ultimately that's the key to progress.
    Thanks for the response, and of course thanks for the hard work put in. It is appreciated.

I did clusters of weighted situps after my squats and deads, and my abs were cramping so bad
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!