View Poll Results: Are you aware that Wannabebig and AtLarge Nutrition are the same company?

Voters
475. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES, I am aware that Wannabebig and AtLarge Nutrition are the same company

370 77.89%
  • NO, I had no idea that and AtLarge Nutrition are the same company

105 22.11%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Poll - Are you aware that Wannabebig and AtLarge Nutrition are the same company?

Good spot webman, we're all fixed now
    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? – My Training Journal

Quote Originally Posted by Krazor View Post
    you do realize you just told people that they are the same company, then ask if they know, thereby destroying the validity of the poll LOL You'd need to reformat this question to even consider it to be accurate.
    I hear ya, but I find it highly unlikely that if someone wasn't aware of it before reading the poll they would answer yes because they literally just learned of it.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Thanks to everyone who voted and made a comment, it;s much appreciated.

In summary it seems as if the vast majority are aware of it and tend to become aware after familiarising themselves with the forum alittle which is probably just about how we want it

Thanks!

Wannabebig Member
    I was not aware when I first registered on the website, but realized they were the same after reading a few articles and, of course, the supplements forum.

Gamer/Lifter
    At first I didn't know, but after a little while it dawned upon me.

As most have said.
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter who has given us the freedom of the press.
    "It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech.
    "It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate.
    "It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag."

I think it only took me a day or two to figure out. It's hard to find a thread that doesn't mention Nitrean, Maximus or Opticen. Which certainly says something about the products.
    5'10"

Ultra Nasty Hypertrophy journal (HCT-12)-http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...rnal!-(HCT-12)

Old My 5-3-1 Journal:http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=132576

I've know it for a while. And I did voice my opinion a few times that I thought those who were a part of AtLarge should identify themselves if and when promoting AtLarge products on the message boards.

Many of those who are part of the AtLarge/Wannabebig management team are also prominent posters here, and their posts are taken as those from knowledgeable people. So, I believe that when they recommend an AtLarge product, they should identify themselves as an interested party.
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left.
    Are you eating while you are reading this? You should be... --hrdgain81
    Remember, kids, if you type well the Grammar Fairy will leave a quarter under your pillow. The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation

Well, the Blog's (finally) back (again!): Love and Hope and Sex and Dreams Feel free to stop by and comment.
    Here is my newly-created World of Warcraft Blog: BG's WoW Blog. Once again, feel free to stop by and comment.

Quote Originally Posted by BG5150 View Post
    I thought those who were a part of AtLarge should identify themselves if and when promoting AtLarge products on the message boards.
    Daniel and Chris are the owners, no secret there. There are also a few sponsored athletes and authors, who you can tell because they are identified in their signatures. It's not like a big secret. That's just a [very] few among the many, many people that rave about ALN products and service.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

Quote Originally Posted by BG5150 View Post
    I've know it for a while. And I did voice my opinion a few times that I thought those who were a part of AtLarge should identify themselves if and when promoting AtLarge products on the message boards.

Many of those who are part of the AtLarge/Wannabebig management team are also prominent posters here, and their posts are taken as those from knowledgeable people. So, I believe that when they recommend an AtLarge product, they should identify themselves as an interested party.

Yes, we really try to hide things to trick our members...

Seriously, it is pretty obvious whom we sponsor. They further normally state that they personally use the products and like them. Heck, they sometimes even recommend products that we do not sell. Lol, what more do you want?

Quote Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
    Daniel and Chris are the owners, no secret there. There are also a few sponsored athletes and authors, who you can tell because they are identified in their signatures. It's not like a big secret. That's just a [very] few among the many, many people that rave about ALN products and service.
    Completely agree.
    "We fight our battles, we wage our wars, we settle the score, with honor and blood" - Atreyu

Dontate to my favorite charity!

Well I guess the gig is up on my secret posting status then....

I think some people overestimate the number of people on here who are sponsored. What you see on the ALN sponsors page is all there is. Many of those guys don't even post here.

One of the benefits of being sponsored by ALN is there is never any pressure to post one way or the other. They specifically ask for honest reviews, so when you see a sponsored athlete recommend something, they seriously to like that product. Assuming that they are just spewing fourth a lame recommendation based upon sponsorship (especially when they give a nice detailed answer) is kinda a disservice to the information that is put into the answer.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

Just wondeirng, why the poll anyway?

Iron Junkie
    It's quite obvious that Wannabebig and AtLarge Nutrition are the same company. Why else would anyone set up a large collection of forums (with an intent of attracting hundreds or thousands daily visitors)?
    Weaves
    Iron Junkie - Go Hard Or Go Home

strong mind, strong body strong@46's Avatar
    ok, so they are one and the same, is there a problem? is so what is it? I personally thing that the site is great and the products are Excellent.

Chris and I were just curious as to how people connected Wannabebig and AtLarge, hence why we wanted to run the poll. We were curious as to whether people realized that WBB and ALN were run by the same people or perhaps whether people thought ALN was just an advertiser.
    Last edited by Joe Black; 05-14-2010 at 11:48 AM.

Yes shortly after joing this forum I figured that ALN was its commercial partner.
    In fact seems that most of the high traffic forums are tied to some commercial entity pushing its products, just be aware of that when posting questions looking for unbiased input, same applies for some of the articles.
    Last edited by Rugby Dad; 05-14-2010 at 03:03 PM.

I actually never knew, but i don't really pay attention to much besides reading the forums and checking out the articles/journals. I am glad i know now though because i am definitely going to start ordering stuff once i get a paypal or credit card (was going to anyway )...

Since it's on topic, I am going off to college next year and want to bring some supplements, but I am kind of on a budget. I am thinking creatine/whey will suffice, but do you guys have any suggestions or know if anything is going on sale anytime soon? I am going to converse with a kid i met at the school who is really into lifting and supplements, but i really value the opinion of everyone on here and want to know if you guys have any advice. Thanks!
    Last edited by JRider23; 05-14-2010 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazerboy View Post
    Should have put another category- "Never though about it." I usually don't think of a message board as a "company..." I mean, what do they sell?
    Advertising space.
    Last edited by Clover; 05-14-2010 at 05:54 PM.

Wannabebig Member
    No clue it was the same company, knew that you were some how intermingled, but not the same.

Wannabebig Member
    I knew that too. I hope that means you have stricter standards, because Biotest is the same thing as Tmuscle, and you know what we think of that haha. I'm not saying you're them, I can't even say anything because I haven't tried your product yet. I can't really say that of TMuscle fully, because I haven't tried their products either, but they're immensely expensive, and that's why I say so. I'm just saying what I hope AtLarge Nutrition is, and I hope their supplements deliver. For example, if they claim is to gain muscle, if the claim is true, I will finally be able to use a supplement which will increase my muscle mass. I've yet to use a supplement which has done what they've promised. Sad to say, but true.

I DRANK YOUR MILK DieselWarrior's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SMK41 View Post
    I didnt realize it when I first joined, but within the first month it became pretty obvious. Especially if you read the articles or go in the Supplement forum.
    Same here. I felt that WBB was at the least driven/funded by ALN.

The forums dont seam to be tooo swayed toward ALN products so I figure theres not much conflict with other supps or suppliers.

Andrew
    42 years old, 5'9", 245lbs, wannabeBIG with muscle!
    "If you wanna be diesel, you gotta first be a warrior!"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDV_9Ys7ftc

A gallon a day, everyday! ThomasG's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bell View Post
    Well I guess the gig is up on my secret posting status then....
    Yup, you've now been figured out.
    My Journal
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    you're an intelligent guy... but you're also half #$%&ing crazy... and that my friend is the formula for a great powerlifter.
    23 Years old
    5'10 198'er
    Squat-565(wraps) 560(Raw)
    Bench:365(raw)
    Deadlift:555(raw)
    Front Squat-465x1 (wraps) 405x2 (raw)
    AtLarge Nutrition Optimize your body and Support WBB

Starting all over again :(
    I thought Atlarge was just a sponsor...didnt know they were the same company.

It explains why other products are rarely discussed on here though.

Wow! 69,208 members and only 300 or so voted. Wonder how many are still active.
    5'9". 34.-----------------------------BEST LIFTS-----------------------GOALS
    Bodyweight-------------------------BE 280 x 1------------------------BE 300 x 1
    Jan 2009: 151 lbs----------------SQ 365 x 2-----------------------SQ 400 x 1
    Jan 2010: 221 lbs----------------DL 405 x 1------------------------DL 500 x 1
    Current: 214 lbs
    bulking again -- working on my DL

I know now but when I first joined I thought that AtLarge was just a sponsor of the board... I guess in a way you guys are a sponsor but your involvement could definitely be more well known for the new folks on the boards... It didn't take me long to realize that AtLarge and Wannabebig were the same people but for someone brand new to the site it might be hard to tell...

What about rebranding some of the site as "AtLarge Nutrition's Wannabebig Forums"? Brand is an important part of marketing/advertising in this day and age and I'm sure it would help. I know the company I work for works very hard selling our corporate 'brand'. In fact, we have an entire division dedicated to marketing, monitoring and building the corporate brand.
    Full Powerlifting
    Squat - 595lbs -- 270kg -- Dec. 31, '09 (Provincial Record @100kg class)
    Bench - 374lbs -- 170kg -- Dec 20, '08 (@100kg class)
    Dead - 589lbs -- 267.5kg -- Dec 20, '08 (Provincial Record @100kg class)
    Total: 1537lbs -- 697.5kg -- Dec 20, '08 (Provincial Record @ 100kg class)
    Bench Only -- 358lbs -- 162.5kg -- Nov. 25, '07 (Provincial Record @ 90kg class)
    Bench Only -- 376lbs -- 171kg -- Jan. 26, '08 (Provincial Record @ 100kg class)