The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Wannabebig Member

I wanna get huge fast

Whats up everyone? I wanna get huge and fast. I used to work out and stopped for a year and have been working out for about 3 weeks. Any tips, foods, anything is appreciated. I'm tired of looking like a 175lb skinny but fit guy. I wanna be the 190 lb headbanger I was last year. As of now I only eat when I'm hungry and eat peanut butter, meat, and noodles. Plus little debbies at work to fill in calories. I eat Approx. 3000 cals a day. I also take Vitiol Russian Bear Pills.
    Last edited by Chace; 05-08-2010 at 03:57 PM.
    Currently taking:
    Russian Bear Tablets
    Russain Bear 5000 weightgainer

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Is 15lbs on your physique going to really make a difference?

Learn to eat more, you will grow.

drink a gallon a milk a day and lift big weights...end thread.

If you were there before, you can get there again. It took you a year to lose the muscle and gain the fat, why do you think you can undo that really quickly? Take your time and be consistent.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Quote Originally Posted by Clifford Gillmore View Post
    Is 15lbs on your physique going to really make a difference?

Learn to eat more, you will grow.
    +1 to what Cliff said

Working it out, working it bamazav's Avatar
    Everyone wants it fast. Then again, everyone wants to be given $1,000,000 too,doesn't mean it can or will happen. The only things that can happen pretty fast are gaining fat and getting hurt. Your "Little Debbie" diet will only help you do the first one fast, gain fat. Be patient, eat right, lift hard and get enough sleep. It will happen and you will look better, if you are patient and do it right.
    Working on getting stronger in body, mind and soul.

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified

Wannabebig Member
    I just want more muscle. Kinda looking for more natural foods and ways to stimulate muscle growth the best. Such as massaging or some ****.
    Last edited by Chace; 05-10-2010 at 08:06 PM.
    Currently taking:
    Russian Bear Tablets

My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Wannabebig Member
    Thanks for the link bro
    Currently taking:
    Russian Bear Tablets

Consider giving HCT-12 a go!

Also the quicker you get being big FAST out of your system the better. I'm not saying you can't put on weight at a decent rate if you train hard and eat big, but you have to have a mid and long term view to training in general and realise that awesome looking physiques take years to build, not weeks.
    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? – My Training Journal

Wannabebig Member
    Just Train Hard, Eat Right and the Gains will Come to you...THeres really nothing more we can say Other then that..
    Last edited by Jasneil; 05-11-2010 at 03:26 AM.
    Weight: 165lbs

Lifts: [Currently]
    BP: 205lbs(Goal:235lbs)
    Deads: 325lbs(Goal: 400lbs)
    Squats:275lbs(Goal: 300lbs)

If it happened fast, everyone would look like Arnold..... What makes this sport so unique and special is that most people don't have an inkling of the amount of discipline necessary to see it through to the big gains.

I've also gotta second the call to eat well. I'd can the Little Debbies in favor of Beef Jerky, and start w/ protein shakes. In the past, I'd lifted for several years making descent, but methodical gains. I didn't do anything along the lines of nutrition. In early Janaury of this year, I started drinking milk, and having a few protein shakes a day. About 3 weeks after I started increasing my protein, I could begin tell a big difference in strength in all my lifts, and about 2 weeks after that, my wife began making comments like, "You look so much bigger" (especially immediately after I worked out). Last weekend my brother asked me if I was taking steroids.... lol
    Last edited by Iplan; 05-11-2010 at 09:30 PM.

Iron Junkie
    Make sure to eat 6-7 smaller meals per day rather than 3-4 large meals. Include some protein, unprocessed carbs, and healthy fats with each meal. Drink a lot of milk (preferably whole milk). Get 7-9 hours sleep per night. Include squats and deadlifts in your routine (very few exercises even come close to the amount of mass those two can build).
    Weaves
    Iron Junkie - Go Hard Or Go Home

You can get BIG very fast....just eat like crazy!!!

However, that doesn't mean you can get big and MUSCULAR very fast.....of course that depends on what you consider 'fast'. You're body gain only gain muscular bodyweight at a genetically determined pace. If you try to force yourself to grow faster then your body will allow you to, then fat storage will occur.

You could probably gain 40 lbs. in 1 month if you really tried, but how much of that do you think is going to be muscular bodyweight?

That said, you're gonna have to accept the fact that in order to 'get big' (assuming you mean gaining mostly lean bodyweight), then you are going to have to be patient....train hard, train smart, and eat right.
    How to Find Your Dream Job
    My personal blog/website dedicated to giving answers on the age old question - how to escape the "rat race". I now play guitar for a living!

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brihead301 View Post
    You can get BIG very fast....just eat like crazy!!!

However, that doesn't mean you can get big and MUSCULAR very fast.....of course that depends on what you consider 'fast'. You're body gain only gain muscular bodyweight at a genetically determined pace. If you try to force yourself to grow faster then your body will allow you to, then fat storage will occur.

You could probably gain 40 lbs. in 1 month if you really tried, but how much of that do you think is going to be muscular bodyweight?

That said, you're gonna have to accept the fact that in order to 'get big' (assuming you mean gaining mostly lean bodyweight), then you are going to have to be patient....train hard, train smart, and eat right.
    yeah my diet is crappy. I don't know alot of healthy foods that contain protein. Nearly every food I consume contains high fat.
    Currently taking:
    Russian Bear Tablets

Getting un-streamlined Progress's Avatar
    Gaining weight quickly is doable but don't expect to avoid fat gain. You'll gain almost as much mass in fat as you do muscle with a rapid bulk unless you're genetically gifted or on drugs.

Pro Strongman | Moderator Tom Mutaffis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chace View Post
    yeah my diet is crappy. I don't know alot of healthy foods that contain protein. Nearly every food I consume contains high fat.
    Here is a quick shopping list:

- Arnold Whole Wheat Double Protein Bread
    - Natural Peanut Butter
    - Lean Ground Beef
    - Whole Wheat Pasta
    - Skim Milk
    - Eggs
    - Tuna Fish
    - Cambells Chunky Sirloin Burger & Vegetable Soup
    - Bananas
    - Heavy Cream (for protein shakes)

If you eat (2) Natural Peanut Butter sandwiches per day, (2) bananas, 2-3 cups of skim milk, 1/2 lbs of ground beef, (1) can of tuna, (6) eggs, (2) shakes with heavy cream, and 1-2 "meals" (pasta/etc.) then you are easily looking at 3,000+ calories with over 200 grams of protein and moderate carbs/fat.

Remember that one of the most important times to eat is right before you go to bed.

Also, drop the Amplified189 creatine and pick up some Creapure (Creatine500) - it is much less expensive and will provide better gains.
    ASC 105 Kg Pro Strongman | My Website | Facebook Fan Page

Weight: 235 lbs | Front Squat: 510 lbs | Overhead: 375 lbs | Deadlift: 700 lbs

Supplements: www.AtLargeNutrition.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Mutaffis View Post
    Here is a quick shopping list:

- Arnold Whole Wheat Double Protein Bread
    - Natural Peanut Butter
    - Lean Ground Beef
    - Whole Wheat Pasta
    - Skim Milk
    - Eggs
    - Tuna Fish
    - Cambells Chunky Sirloin Burger & Vegetable Soup
    - Bananas
    - Heavy Cream (for protein shakes)

If you eat (2) Natural Peanut Butter sandwiches per day, (2) bananas, 2-3 cups of skim milk, 1/2 lbs of ground beef, (1) can of tuna, (6) eggs, (2) shakes with heavy cream, and 1-2 "meals" (pasta/etc.) then you are easily looking at 3,000+ calories with over 200 grams of protein and moderate carbs/fat. .
    Brilliant post Tom. I like it when people make things easy to follow.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

Just to add to Tom's great post:

What a Bodybuilder eats
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left.
    Are you eating while you are reading this? You should be... --hrdgain81
    Remember, kids, if you type well the Grammar Fairy will leave a quarter under your pillow. The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation

Well, the Blog's (finally) back (again!): Love and Hope and Sex and Dreams Feel free to stop by and comment.
    Here is my newly-created World of Warcraft Blog: BG's WoW Blog. Once again, feel free to stop by and comment.

Iron Junkie
    Another suggestion is to add 1 or 2 weight gainer shakes per day. They easily pack 800+ calories and can be consumed very quickly (for those with a busy schedule). The downside is that unless you have a super high metabolism (like that of a hardgainer) or live an extremely active lifestyle, it's almost impossible to avoid some fat gain.
    Weaves
    Iron Junkie - Go Hard Or Go Home

I just realized that you can work as possible. Unless you fuel your body on your work and off days you wont get stronger and if you dont get stronger you wont get bigger. SO! EAT CLEAN AND ALOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trust me Ive wasted a little bit of time because i was worried about abs and such but one day i woke up and said screw it and now im eating all i can. (Dont eat bad things. Get as much protein as you can and some carbs to back it up)

EAT!
    -Luke

6'0"
    Im eating like an ANIMAL training like a hell raiser and hoping to be as big as possible...
    I just want the girls to say WOW!

Quote Originally Posted by Luke1081 View Post

EAT!
    Finally he gets it!!! GOOD FOR YOU!!! You are on your way.
    5'9". 34.-----------------------------BEST LIFTS-----------------------GOALS
    Bodyweight-------------------------BE 280 x 1------------------------BE 300 x 1
    Jan 2009: 151 lbs----------------SQ 365 x 2-----------------------SQ 400 x 1
    Jan 2010: 221 lbs----------------DL 405 x 1------------------------DL 500 x 1
    Current: 214 lbs
    bulking again -- working on my DL

Wannabebig New Member
    What kind of milk in the shakes, Skim or Whole milk?

Well I learned the hard way!!!!!!!!!!

My diet is as such!

Wake up at 9 eat 6 eggs. 1 hour later have 2 bananas 1 hour later another 6 eggs. 2 hours later 1 lb steak 1 hour later pasta workout protein shake 1 hour later another steak/ground meat (around 1 pound) 2 hours later chicken or ham or something 2 hours later more protein! Already i see a gain in weight and body weight and im def stronger! Size is coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Creatine is gonna help also

Back on target! ARE YOU EATING????????????
    -Luke

6'0"
    Im eating like an ANIMAL training like a hell raiser and hoping to be as big as possible...
    I just want the girls to say WOW!

Wannabebig Member
    Yeah I'm eating... I'm not a rookie to this. I was asking for some good foods and ****... I'm gaining alot of progress taking russian bear 5000 weightgainer in combination with russian bear pills. I'm elusive, muscular, and veins are poppin out everywhere. I might not be eating ENOUGH but I know that I am getting the results I want way faster with these supplements. They both contain creatine which is cool but theres other things in them. Plus russian bear claims that their product will give you gains that you will keep even after stopping the product. Its cheap **** too.
    Currently taking:
    Russian Bear Tablets