Thread: Looking for someone who knows their stuff to answer a few questions!

Hybrid View

Wannabebig New Member

Looking for someone who knows their stuff to answer a few questions!

Hi Im looking for someone who knows their stuff when it comes to putting on lean real muscle. I'm just getting into weight lifting and I want to make sure I do things right so I dont hurt myself or cause some kind of damage. Most of the people I know that I ask questions dont really know what they are talking about lol. What I am aiming for is to get bigger the natural way- no creatine, nitric oxide, etc.

I'm 5'8", 142lbs (give or take a couple lbs).

My current workout: Straight curl-bar (8 x reps of 70, 10 x reps of 60, 12 x reps of 50), regular dumb bells (50lbs, 4 reps each arm, then 3). In between these I do elevated pushups, pullups, resistance tubes, whatever I feel like doing at that moment to keep my workout varied). I do warm ups and cool downs and run every now and then. Onto the questions.

My questions are: I've been reading up on whey protein, and I have been taking Six Star (the wal mart brand) Whey Protein. I saw some people say that whey protein doesnt really do much good for putting on muscle. While this I know, does it have any other benefits besides aiding in healing muscles?

When it comes to my routine, is that good for building my arms and chest? What are good exercises for the abs?

I was told a decline in weight, but an addition of reps (8 10 12) will make me stronger as well as toning me up, is that true?

What would you suggest to improve my results/workout? Any tips are great! Thanks!

Wow, where to begin, there is so much to cover...

Oh ya, read this: http://www.wannabebig.com/hypertroph...les-to-growth/
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Really what i have to ask is what are you looking for in your routine? Size and strength?

Not sure why you don't want to take creatine if you want to take whey protein. They are equally considered natural.

Also if you want to put on muscle, you need to incorporate three major lifts: bench, squats, deadlift

There's plenty of workout routines posted through here (starting strength, Bil Starr's, HCT-12) read through them, try them, and find out which one works best for you.

But you're not going to put muscle mass just doing pushups
    Last edited by Coqui; 05-18-2010 at 06:08 PM.

When it comes to my routine, is that good for building my arms and chest?
    Not really.

What are good exercises for the abs?
    Squat, deadlift, OHP.

I was told a decline in weight, but an addition of reps (8 10 12) will make me stronger as well as toning me up, is that true?
    Regarding toning, no its not true.

Regarding making you stronger - when compared with what??

What would you suggest to improve my results/workout?
    Read the sickies on this website, pick a tried and tested program, get your diet in check and be consistent.