The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig New Member

Funny and embarrassing Q but serious

Ok, so I have hemorrhoids right now and they SUCK. I am almost 100% positive that they are from doing squats and deadlifts. I am pretty certain I am using proper technique, I think my body is just prone to getting rhoids. This will be the 3rd time I've had them and they are just so goddamn annoying. Over time they go away. My question is, should I bother doing deadlifts and squats anymore? I mean I only really lift just for health reasons and not to get huge anyway. I know squats and deadlifts are two of the best exercises, but I simply can't deal with the side effects anymore. Alright, my is absolutely on fire right now. Got to go lay down on my stomach.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Use some [cold] witch hazel on 'em. The stuff is like a miracle cure.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Pro Strongman | Moderator Tom Mutaffis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
    Ok, so I have hemorrhoids right now and they SUCK. I am almost 100% positive that they are from doing squats and deadlifts. I am pretty certain I am using proper technique, I think my body is just prone to getting rhoids. This will be the 3rd time I've had them and they are just so goddamn annoying. Over time they go away. My question is, should I bother doing deadlifts and squats anymore? I mean I only really lift just for health reasons and not to get huge anyway. I know squats and deadlifts are two of the best exercises, but I simply can't deal with the side effects anymore. Alright, my is absolutely on fire right now. Got to go lay down on my stomach.
    I don't have any first hand experience here, but perhaps it would be beneficial to still squat/deadlift but instead of training heavy you could do higher reps. Another option would be to use short rest periods to make the movement more challenging (cluster sets,etc.).
    ASC 105 Kg Pro Strongman | My Website | Facebook Fan Page

Weight: 235 lbs | Front Squat: 510 lbs | Overhead: 375 lbs | Deadlift: 700 lbs

Supplements: www.AtLargeNutrition.com

Quote Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
    but I simply can't deal with the side effects anymore. Alright, my is absolutely on fire right now. Got to go lay down on my stomach.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Mutaffis View Post
    I don't have any first hand experience here, but perhaps it would be beneficial to still squat/deadlift but instead of training heavy you could do higher reps. Another option would be to use short rest periods to make the movement more challenging (cluster sets,etc.).
    I know it is not funny, but the way you put it, so now that I have stopped laughing, I agree with Tom and Off Road!