Thread: Project: Recomposition; 3.5 months of work

Threaded View

eek... it's lil' Fixation! fixationdarknes's Avatar

Project: Recomposition; 3.5 months of work

For reference, here's the only true "before" pic I have. Wish I had better ones, but this one with part of my barbarian haircut showing will have to do.

I am 5'7" by the way. What would you guesstimate my BF% is? I'm not too good at judging and have no way of accurately testing myself.

Before (weighed about 157-ish) early February

Last Night (weighed 159.5 this morning) late May

-edit: (added photos)

As you can see I have quite a bit of size-gaining to do, which is going to happen. I don't have a desire to totally rush a bulk though and then have to rush a cut afterwards. I'd rather take it a bit more gradually than most might, and minimize the amount of cycling. We shall see though.

I started out "cutting" because I didn't like my BF%, but then things reached a point where I realized how small I am and thought why the freak am I cutting, so I started a slow bulk while managing to keep my BF% at or below where it was. So now after about 3.5 months of training altogether, I weigh a couple more lbs than I did at start, but my strength, composition, and overall conditioning is up--one of my goals has actually been to improve my functional conditioning... I didn't like getting tired from running for like 50 meters lol. The short-term goal for now is to clean bulk up to 165. I will re-evaluate from there. I figure in the grand scheme of things I could most likely make quicker progress by just cycling bulks and cuts, but this is okay with me.

And you know you like those shower curtains.
    Last edited by fixationdarknes; 05-26-2010 at 12:22 PM.
    Lifting Journal
    Age: 20, Height: 5'7", Weight: 165, Deadlift: 405, 9.5" Squat: 230 x 10, Bench: 195 (3x5)

Quote Originally Posted by fatrb38
    I try to visualize that my girlfriend is under the weight and I have to push the weight up to save her. Of course it doesn't work and I just laugh as I think about the weight slowly crushing her bones. Then I remember it's me under the weight and give 200% effort to push it back up.