Page 10 of 80 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: lifting journal pt. 2

Banned
    thanks fix (sorry didnt see your post). i would highly recommend one. i dont really NEED one right now.... but i can extrapolate how much its going to help once i get back into 315+ weights

terry, thank you. its very nice. trading it would be very foolish even tho i do wanna get something else. ill ride out my extended warranty prob then sell it.

bw 174.2 no anything today. just rest
    Last edited by f=ma; 06-27-2010 at 10:42 AM.

House Lannister
    You know, I'm not one for trucks but that paint DOES look good on that Avalanche.

Mad jealous of the lifestyle F, you're living the life I wanna live in 4-ish years.

A gallon a day, everyday! ThomasG's Avatar
    Sick Ride! I'm real curious to see how 5/3/1 will treat you. I may give it a shot If I ever slow down with westside.
    Last edited by ThomasG; 06-27-2010 at 08:11 PM.
    My Journal
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    you're an intelligent guy... but you're also half #$%&ing crazy... and that my friend is the formula for a great powerlifter.
    23 Years old
    5'10 198'er
    Squat-565(wraps) 560(Raw)
    Bench:365(raw)
    Deadlift:555(raw)
    Front Squat-465x1 (wraps) 405x2 (raw)
    AtLarge Nutrition Optimize your body and Support WBB

Banned
    thanks thomas, thanks ryan. bmw dealer keeps calling me.. too bad they werent this aggressive when i was ready to sign hah

bw 175.0. definitely a little smoother than last week. i still have 3 veins on my chest tho.. meh. keeping cal levels at like 2730. that fig newton "refeed" really did a number on me but it did get my weight moving.. would prefer more consistent movement than 2lb jumps. i have my diet ready to goto 2900/3300 once i am going heavier again. looking forward to it. though, i've fallen into the skinny guy mentality.. afraid to lose the abs. its been so hard to get here i hate to look only good rather than awesome hah.. as long as i keep the bulk mechanical and smart i wont have to go through the first half of 2010 ever again though. never higher than 12% again until im a billionaire and dont need to be good looking
    Last edited by f=ma; 06-28-2010 at 02:55 AM.

Banned
    ryan.. also.. i know youre in college. make sure you pick a useful major like accounting or finance. dont earn some stupid history liberal arts degree. they are useless. anyways

-----------------------------

deload

am bw 175.0

yellow band super sets
    int rot x10
    ext rotx10
    face pullx10
    x2

bb row
    135x10
    135x10
    135x10

100 cal stairmaster

done.

i think that bw may dip once i work legs again. there is probably big glycogen buildup there.

House Lannister
    Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    ryan.. also.. i know youre in college. make sure you pick a useful major like accounting or finance. dont earn some stupid history liberal arts degree. they are useless. anyways
    Lol, thanks F. I'm actually not much of a numbers man at all. Current degree is journalism with a minor in marketing.I'm a much better writer than I'll ever be an accountant, but journalism is a tough field. I've done well in my journalism classes, but connections/internships are everything and your grades really don't matter. I've looked at getting a full degree in marketing to give me an out into the business world if necessary, but that'll depend on whether or not I stay at school in the coming summers. Where did you go to school?

House Lannister
    thanks thomas, thanks ryan. bmw dealer keeps calling me.. too bad they werent this aggressive when i was ready to sign hah
    You know what's funny? I got a call last night from a Gold's Gym I visited in MAY just to use their free week program. Talk about not letting go of a potential member haha.

My son wants us to get the Chevy Avalanche! He calls it our "Graduation Truck" for when we graduate. He also calls any Ford Mustang his "Birthday Car"-- he's just about to turn 5, so it's always fun to hear him talk about what we should buy for a car or what we should buy him for his car-- lol.

I don't mind his opinions on the 2 cars that he likes- I'd take an Avalanche if I could!

I, too, am looking more and more into 5-3-1 after returning from Florida. I still plan on PMing you about how you're going to implement that routine, but I've been out of town, so I'll be messaging you soon.
    Journal http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...us-Consistency

Consistency is the key to success within this sport...

Banned
    scott, avalanche has been a great vehicle. no complaints at all. GM has very very good incentives when the model year transitions also. from what ive heard, its being discontinued in 2012 also

Banned
    bw 175.2

warmup

deads
    135x5
    160x5
    195x5

decline situps
    bwx10
    bw+10x10
    bw+10x10

100 cal stairmaster

i was thinking that perhaps me at 173ish lbs is totally depleted...and that my fig newton extravanganza refilled a lot of glycogen. i dont know. i need to stop overthinking this **** and just stay consistent w/ the cals, weigh-ins and observing the AM mirror. it is good i did not attempt real DLing today. it would have been an exercise in futility. im physically and mentally beat. this early AM **** and not getting to bed until 10pm is wearing me thin... need to be in bed by like 8-9pm at the latest on weekdays

Your attitude and approach to gaining weight is solid - I like the fact that you'e not afraid to lose some of those abs but also you're not blowing loose and eating everything in site. The perfect way to go about it if you ask me.

How are you finding the increased calories so far? You feeling stronger and higher energy? Is it giving you extra cravings?

Keep up the hard work, your level consistency is to be admired for sure.
    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? My Training Journal

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Clough View Post
    Always indeed doing very well man.

bw 175.2

warmup

deads
    135x5
    160x5
    195x5

decline situps
    bwx10
    bw+10x10
    bw+10x10

100 cal stairmaster

i was thinking that perhaps me at 173ish lbs is totally depleted...and that my fig newton extravanganza refilled a lot of glycogen. i dont know. i need to stop overthinking this **** and just stay consistent w/ the cals, weigh-ins and observing the AM mirror. it is good i did not attempt real DLing today. it would have been an exercise in futility. im physically and mentally beat. this early AM **** and not getting to bed until 10pm is wearing me thin... need to be in bed by like 8-9pm at the latest on weekdays
    Every cell in you is still super depleted. Whether its glycogen or water. Had you binged out of the gate after dieting they'd have filled + the fat gain. You've never filled anything yet no doubt and still have a large cushion of probably 10lbs. I don't see it possible for you to have even stored an ounce of fat from a pithy package or two of FF fig newtons given the state your bodies in...
    Last edited by Behemoth; 06-29-2010 at 04:06 PM.
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Clough View Post
    Your attitude and approach to gaining weight is solid - I like the fact that you'e not afraid to lose some of those abs but also you're not blowing loose and eating everything in site. The perfect way to go about it if you ask me.

How are you finding the increased calories so far? You feeling stronger and higher energy? Is it giving you extra cravings?

honestly, i'm overwhelmed with hunger at almonst all times. i'm at 2900 cals/day right now and a high day and weight hasnt moved a bit.. if i didnt eat all that **** last friday, i would probably still be 173lbs rather than 175.2lbs. strength is still garbage.. energy is so-so.. but that is attributable to a lack of sleep and being really depleted.
    Quote Originally Posted by CoCoa View Post
    Always indeed doing very well man.
    thank you terry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
    Every cell in you is still super depleted. Whether its glycogen or water. Had you binged out of the gate after dieting they'd have filled + the fat gain. You've never filled anything yet no doubt and still have a large cushion of probably 10lbs. I don't see it possible for you to have even stored an ounce of fat from a pithy package or two of FF fig newtons given the state your bodies in...
    see thats what i figured. i actually looked outstanding on sat afternoon after my misc lifting.. filled out, prolonged pump. it was fun.

what i figured going into what i have been doing is that eventually i will reach a point where depletion from lifting/cardio will be overtaken by increased cals.. at which point my metabolism will be screaming.. i can back down my carb intake, up dietary fat to like 25%ish and cruise at those calorie levels. im really surprised that im still upping and nothing is happening. and youre right, i look exactly like i did last thursday.. no fat gain that i can notice on camera or in the mirror. im starting to get impatient.. want to start doing 300 cal bumps instead of these 150/wk bumps. more specifically... i want to EAT. its also getting increasingly difficult to keep protein around 220 and carbs all the way at 400 unless i start diverging into stuff like cereal and more fig newtons which is more simple sugars rather than complex carbs. im already down to 30g whey per day... which i need for my pre w/o shake. the rest of my diet is whole food

what i figured going into what i have been doing is that eventually i will reach a point where depletion from lifting/cardio will be overtaken by increased cals.. at which point my metabolism will be screaming.. i can back down my carb intake, up dietary fat to like 25%ish and cruise at those calorie levels. im really surprised that im still upping and nothing is happening. and youre right, i look exactly like i did last thursday.. no fat gain that i can notice on camera or in the mirror. im starting to get impatient.. want to start doing 300 cal bumps instead of these 150/wk bumps. more specifically... i want to EAT. its also getting increasingly difficult to keep protein around 220 and carbs all the way at 400 unless i start diverging into stuff like cereal and more fig newtons which is more simple sugars rather than complex carbs. im already down to 30g whey per day... which i need for my pre w/o shake. the rest of my diet is whole food
    I agree with your sentiments 100%. IMO when you've reached the point where taking in more carbs means taking in less complete amounts of protein it would be time to simply up the protein. Therefore allowing you to still eat the quality carbs at the sake of simply probably 20 or 30 more grams of protein. Which yeah... above a certain point protein may be less anabolic than carbs, but with the higher thermic value of it as well as not having to reduce more quality souces of protein I could only see you benefiting in staying leaner while gaining.. Additionally the justification of keeping the carb sources cleaner rather than having to turn to sources deemed somewhat less "optimal" by bodybuilders for the sake of their lower protein content. That's my opinion though. I have a feeling a certain person with a little more credential than me may not believe that to be the case, but thats definetly my take on it.
    Last edited by Behemoth; 06-29-2010 at 07:48 PM.
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

House Lannister
    How's that breakfast tasting? You up yet?

Banned
    haha its not bad. my shoulder is so iffy.... im not sure what to make of it

House Lannister
    haha its not bad. my shoulder is so iffy.... im not sure what to make of it
    You skipping training today then? I wouldn't blame you, i had some shoulder issues myself last week, really just cleared up. I'd do some static stretching, arm circles, and shoulder dislocations if I were you...

Banned
    im def filling back out.

175.6 this morning which is a high since june 7th. ive been sloppy with the cals beause im getting impatient and my workouts probably burn only a small fraction of the calories they did on a nondeload week.. completely clean but i was probably about 3100 last night.. 2950 the night before. i need to stick to 2900 going forward for the remainder of the week. alternatively i may just give up and get fat again hah.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by chevelle2291 View Post
    You skipping training today then? I wouldn't blame you, i had some shoulder issues myself last week, really just cleared up. I'd do some static stretching, arm circles, and shoulder dislocations if I were you...
    no.... i'm going. at the very least im going to do core, cardio, band work and stretching. i dont know what the deal is.... it doesnt hurt but it doesnt feel normal. yknow?

House Lannister
    im def filling back out.

175.6 this morning which is a high since june 7th. ive been sloppy with the cals beause im getting impatient and my workouts probably burn only a small fraction of the calories they did on a nondeload week.. completely clean but i was probably about 3100 last night.. 2950 the night before. i need to stick to 2900 going forward for the remainder of the week. alternatively i may just give up and get fat again hah.
    The fact is, F, that you may have had a slightly high BF percentage, but you put on a TON of solid mass also. I mean, I think you could prolly stay around 10-12 this time around and look Allen Cress great 24/7, but it wouldn't be a horrible thing if you ended up putting on around the same amount of bf as you did before, as long as the LBM is there.

Banned
    The fact is, F, that you may have had a slightly high BF percentage, but you put on a TON of solid mass also. I mean, I think you could prolly stay around 10-12 this time around and look Allen Cress great 24/7, but it wouldn't be a horrible thing if you ended up putting on around the same amount of bf as you did before, as long as the LBM is there.
    yeah as far as bulk success goes, i agree. i put on the most muscle mass i possibly could in that time frame. i think this time i could easily goto 210 and stay around 12% by being careful. i think my patience in transitioning into a bulk has paid off.. because i'm above maint now at my eating levels the past few days, which have been loose as far as tracking... without a doubt. so i just need to tighten up for a few days and see how it goes once im going heavy again. cant tell you how disappointed i am that my shoulder is giving me issues.

House Lannister
    cant tell you how disappointed i am that my shoulder is giving me issues.
    Dude, I was right there with you. I was all pumped to get 60# dbs xsets across so I could move up in weight and get closer to goal of incline 70# DBs, and my shoulder was just not having it. I seriously considered tossing a barbell into the mirror, I was so pissed.

Do you sleep on one side with your arm outstretched? I was doing that for a while and found that my shoulder hated that. I think you'd see some success with some myofascial stretching tho. I'm kinda on a kick with it as I just started taking it seriously and it has paid off within two days I feel.

Does it only hurt with horizontal pressing? I think God made horizontal pressing for the sole reason of inflating egos and injuring shoulders.

Banned
    Does it only hurt with horizontal pressing? I think God made horizontal pressing for the sole reason of inflating egos and injuring shoulders.
    it doesnt hurt at all.. it just isnt normal. meaning that i can feel a painless irregularity. difficult to describe... it very well may be an imbalance with my posterior and anterior delts. just as easily could be all messed up from wide grip benching.... dont know

Stay patient and disciplined with the diet (as you know you can) and you're gonna rock some serious LBM and strength over the next few months!
    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? My Training Journal