Page 12 of 80 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: lifting journal pt. 2

House Lannister
    So are you two facebook friends yet? hahaha

I think WBB needs an instant messaging service.

Banned
    i dont facebook, im a technophobe. when skynet takes over, people on facebook will be the first to go.... this journal is the most personal info on me you will find anywhere on the internet

Seriously in the driver's seat, repping out with solid weights.

House Lannister
    Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    i dont facebook, im a technophobe. when skynet takes over, people on facebook will be the first to go.... this journal is the most personal info on me you will find anywhere on the internet
    Lol, you serious?

House Lannister

House Lannister
    F, are you...sleeping in????

Banned
    dude its saturday. i sleep in til 6am on sat/sun

and yeah i am serious about facebook. the bit about skynet is obviously a joke
    Last edited by f=ma; 07-03-2010 at 04:54 AM.

Banned
    gym not open til 8.. rode my bike there to find that out. could have sworn it was 7am on sat/sun. anyways, i rode around on the lowest gear up and down some hills for 20 min... ill do some more MISS around 8am.

i seriously wish i had more diet confidence. e.g. acress stops working out for 2 weeks.. and apparently eats whatever... but somehow has a method... but after those 2 weeks, hes barely even above his stage weight. im 180 this morning. obviously have filled up the glycogen.. and this is after bigtime eating.. so itll drop down 2-3lbs. still look fine in the mirror. obviously not as defined since im not really depleted. its so tough to let go of a conditioned state after having been at it for so long. i dont really regret eating.. i just want the vanity and the size and i dont want to sacrifice one for the other. fairly immature at this point because i know that pretty much cant be done unless i run a cycle. so in summary BLAH.

edit, and now... after my caffeine... im back down to 176 lol
    Last edited by f=ma; 07-03-2010 at 06:04 AM.

I read where Scott said he was adapting to an Allen Cress style offseason also. Please do this so I can see how it pans out for you before my offseason comes
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

gym not open til 8.. rode my bike there to find that out. could have sworn it was 7am on sat/sun. anyways, i rode around on the lowest gear up and down some hills for 20 min... ill do some more MISS around 8am.

i seriously wish i had more diet confidence. e.g. acress stops working out for 2 weeks.. and apparently eats whatever... but somehow has a method... but after those 2 weeks, hes barely even above his stage weight. im 180 this morning. obviously have filled up the glycogen.. and this is after bigtime eating.. so itll drop down 2-3lbs. still look fine in the mirror. obviously not as defined since im not really depleted. its so tough to let go of a conditioned state after having been at it for so long. i dont really regret eating.. i just want the vanity and the size and i dont want to sacrifice one for the other. fairly immature at this point because i know that pretty much cant be done unless i run a cycle. so in summary BLAH.

This is probably one of the best rants that I've read in a while. I have a lot of rants of my own, but on different topics, but this was quite a good one.

BLAH is the only way to sum things up.

You seem to be in a wishy-washy state of mind right now. If you've been in my journal enough then you'd know that I'm quite wishy-washy with what I do. I say that it might be time for you to be "up in the air" on what your plans are at the moment. It's great to have detailed plans, but for every step and every day, I can't get with that frame of mind.

You might need to take a few days to think about what you "ultimately" want to do and then determine how you will get there and what you can do along the way.

I'm sure that you are lean enough and it would take you getting to a BW of 190+ to not be truly satisfied with your level of definition. Trust me, I know what you're feeling, I did my dieting then I went on a horrible binge and lost that defition and conditioning (I fell off the wagon too quickly). You on the other hand have stayed strong and YOU ARE DOING it the right way, but you need to figure out what your objective is right now. Do you stay super lean or do you just straight super-bulk, or find that happy medium.

I believe that you'll be happiest when you make a decision and stick with it. You're at that point where you need to pick a direction now that you're at this fork in the road.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to be walking around at a full and lean 178-180 pounds, but for what my plans are it wouldn't be beneficial to just coast at a lean BW. I have no true reason to do it when I know I want to add more muscle and come back next year a few pounds heavier. I just saw Rory's post about having added 4 pounds per year over the past 2 years netting him 8 pounds-- yeah it doesn't sound like much, but we know that's a good deal of muscle when dieted down.

A few things I'd point out-- Don't bulk back to 230 pounds. I was around 222 April of last year and I'll never get back there unless I've packed on a good deal of muscle. I'd aim for no more than 200 max within the next few months, that way you would be no more than about 15% BF assuming 170 pounds of lean muscle. You wouldn't have as much to diet down to next spring and you'd be at a weight you could play around with over the winter months. I also believe you wouldn't get to 200 pounds until the end of the year, that is unless you go on a "true bulk".

Hell, it's getting late for me and I'm starting to just rant. I'll sum it up by saying pick a route and stick with it. I think you'd be happy with a medium bulk-- don't go crazy with 4,000+ calories every day, but maybe try this approach that Allen uses and that I've been playing with (I'm sure we're not doing exactly the same thing, but maybe along the same lines). If you don't like whatever you decide to do then stop and go back to what you've been doing.

Be happy and mentally at ease with whatever decision you make. I'd bet that you would have to exceed a BW of 190 before you start losing larger amounts of definition, so I believe you could be afforded the opportunity to play with various styles of bulking.
    Last edited by Time+Patience; 07-04-2010 at 07:03 AM.
    Journal http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...us-Consistency

Consistency is the key to success within this sport...

House Lannister

Don't we all.

You thinking of running some AAS at a later date, F? PM me if you're not comfortable talking about it in your journal. No hate.

Banned
    nah, i have no intention of aas.

scott, thanks man. i really do appreciate your commentary. it gives me a lot to reflect upon in planning how i want to proceed. i certainly dont want to go back to 230lbs. that would be me gaining 54lbs... which would be insanity. i think 200-210 is very reasonable by the time february rolls around. who knows... i really cant even plot this out until i have some real time with consistent gain. i really did like what you were talking about in your journal about being pretty strick 5-6 days per week and binging 1-2 days per week. i actually am going to try this.. holding 2950 cals/day then having a normal 2950 calorie day... but then after last scheduled meal, big, uncounted unrestricted intake. im thinking kettle chips, box of fig newtons, oatmeal, natty pb, etc

how have you been doing your binge days?

eek... it's lil' Fixation! fixationdarknes's Avatar
    I also like the strict 5-6 days a week and 1-2 binge days. What ends up happening for me is I'll be hovering at a certain weight, while making strength gains in the gym, then one weekend I'll eat a ton of everything, regardless of what it is, and then I'll have moved up a couple lbs. and seem to hover there for a while. Then another binge comes at a future date (not necessarily every week), etc.

Good luck with everything man. You've come a long way and I think your goals are well within reach.
    Lifting Journal
    Age: 20, Height: 5'7", Weight: 165, Deadlift: 405, 9.5" Squat: 230 x 10, Bench: 195 (3x5)

Quote Originally Posted by fatrb38
    I try to visualize that my girlfriend is under the weight and I have to push the weight up to save her. Of course it doesn't work and I just laugh as I think about the weight slowly crushing her bones. Then I remember it's me under the weight and give 200% effort to push it back up.

Banned
    thank you fix. i think it is a decent plan.. i think a lot of it will depend on how i time it... and how close my other days are to true maintenence. i figure if i can be slightly above maint all week then cram in an extra 4000 cals in 2-3 hours on sunday for instance, not only will i be having fun, i will also be topping off glycogen but a lot of that food will be excreted without fat gain. so i can have my cake and eat it too.

holiday today... but i still have to goto work later this afternoon. damn quarter ends

-------------------------------------------

cycle 1 wave 1 coming up this morning. very hydrated.. feeling great. ive been tapering down my ephedrine super slow.. starting this week im off it entirely. like i mentioned a couple of posts ago.. doing 5/3/1 BBB template... only adjustment is that for bench, i am doing incline dbs... so i cant exactly microload dbs the way i would with a bar. so i havent figured out how I'm going to do the waves yet. but it should be too complicated. i have hypothesized that my dog pulling on the leash may have contributed to my shoulder messing up. he was getting to be unwalkable and was pulling arbitrarily in random directions where he smelled something he liked. i may sound like a pussy... but when your harnessed 80lb lab decides to shift directions at full force unexpectedly.. with the new collar, any kind of pulling hurts him.. so hes very docile and nice to walk.

bw 175.6. cals yesterday were 3500, all clean. normal eating plus an extra 70g of oatmeal and 50g of natty pb, offhand. going forward with the whole clean 6/binge 1 plan. acress posted up his offseason diet. it looks exactly like my day to day diet except hes got rice instead of pasta and is using maximus instead of oatmeal/dex. id use maximus too if i were sponsored and it was free lol. but $55 for 20 servings is needlessly expensive

Banned
    oh btw... if anyone is a master of computers... i am trying to figure out how to build a HTPC. i have the parts picked out but i need expert opinion.

Banned
    wave 1 cycle 1

deads
    135x5
    185x5
    225x5
    255x3
    290x9, regrip, x3
    275x10
    belted
    245x10
    245x10
    225x10
    225x10
    no belt

decline situps
    bwx10
    bw+10x10
    bw+20x10

100 cal stairmaster.. ~8 min

done
    Last edited by f=ma; 07-05-2010 at 08:18 AM.

nah, i have no intention of aas.

scott, thanks man. i really do appreciate your commentary. it gives me a lot to reflect upon in planning how i want to proceed. i certainly dont want to go back to 230lbs. that would be me gaining 54lbs... which would be insanity. i think 200-210 is very reasonable by the time february rolls around. who knows... i really cant even plot this out until i have some real time with consistent gain. i really did like what you were talking about in your journal about being pretty strick 5-6 days per week and binging 1-2 days per week. i actually am going to try this.. holding 2950 cals/day then having a normal 2950 calorie day... but then after last scheduled meal, big, uncounted unrestricted intake. im thinking kettle chips, box of fig newtons, oatmeal, natty pb, etc

how have you been doing your binge days?
    Isn't it crazy to think of the fact that you lost that 50+ pounds over the past months? I couldn't believe I let myself get to 220+ pounds! I'll never do it again, just too much. I think 200 is the max weight I should be at until I'm at 180-185 pounds of LBM.

One of the biggest reasons for me setting up this style of diet is for the simple fact that I've been doing a lot of traveling out of town on the weekends, so I can't cook everything the way I want it and we'll grab fastfood or cook things I wouldn't normally eat. On my binge days I'll try to get in 1-2 protein shakes, as well as another meal or 2 that is relatively clean, then I'll eat whatever I want, so when we were in Chicago last weekend I had a Giordano's stuffed pizza (which was the best pizza I've ever had) and some pop, as well as various cakes and other meats at the Tast of Chicago, and some cookies with some Kit Kats.

Yesterday we celebrated both of my kids' birthdays so it was a lot of ice cream, cake, then pulled pork, double burgers w/extra cheese, macaroni and cheese, grilled sweet potatoes with butter and brown sugar, some pop, about 5-6 beers, and some doughnuts to start my day off. I don't even bother counting calories, but i will try to estimate my protein intake and yesterday was probably just about 200 grams, but everything else was high as hell.

I haven't really perfected how I want my binge days to be, but if I was at home I would actually eat relatively clean except maybe 1-2 meals, which sounds like your idea of taking in a surplus of calories in a set amount of time. What I like about doing this binge day is that it satisfies any cravings that I have and it's very easy to stay relatively strict for the next 5-7 days.

My binge days have been timed for weekends as that's what we're traveling, but if I can do it I'll try to be as clean as I can be, but I'll still take in 4,000 or more for the whole day. I'll say I haven't thought of the idea of getting in all of my extra calories within a certain window, which is interesting.

As you have read Allen's journal you've seen what he does, for me I'm just going with the flow. Thus far it's working great with everything. I've stayed pretty lean and I think I'm adding some quality muscle, but it's still early.

I'm sure your experience will be much more detailed and easier to follow than my random-ness.
    Last edited by Time+Patience; 07-05-2010 at 08:27 AM.
    Journal http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...us-Consistency

Consistency is the key to success within this sport...

House Lannister
    ^^Hell yea Giordano's pizza haha. That's some good stuff right there.

I read over the 5/3/1 e-book and found it pretty interesting. I've attached another 5/3/1 outline that might be worth a try also. It's in the first post, and it's called the "bodybuilding" template.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=112382761

What you are doing looks very good, especially the diet bro.

Banned
    thanks terry!

4am. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. i am fully rested and feeling good.

House Lannister
    thanks terry!

4am. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. i am fully rested and feeling good.
    Lol. What's up Tim?

Banned
    i tested the water with a few pushups.. shoulder feels good. not sure if i want to attempt bb bench or go with db bench.

House Lannister
    i tested the water with a few pushups.. shoulder feels good. not sure if i want to attempt bb bench or go with db bench.
    Tough call...i'd say DB.

Banned
    yup. im going to warm up with the bar then take it from there.

the only real reason i dont want to do incline db is that i dont want to burn out my delts early in the week as i have a dedicated shoulder day already. otherwise i wouldnt care... decisions decisions

House Lannister
    yup. im going to warm up with the bar then take it from there.

the only real reason i dont want to do incline db is that i dont want to burn out my delts early in the week as i have a dedicated shoulder day already. otherwise i wouldnt care... decisions decisions
    IC DB burns your shoulders out? My chest always gets hit hard, but delts are always hit to a lesser extent in my experience. Maybe just flat DB bench?