Page 14 of 80 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread: lifting journal pt. 2

eek... it's lil' Fixation! fixationdarknes's Avatar
    Dang man. Wish I could share some of your stress load. I just chill and play guitar/videogames and lift weights and eat and hang out with friends lol. I'm such a bum, but it feels so good! XD

Solid squats man. How deep do you go by the way?
    Last edited by fixationdarknes; 07-09-2010 at 12:33 AM.
    Lifting Journal
    Age: 20, Height: 5'7", Weight: 165, Deadlift: 405, 9.5" Squat: 230 x 10, Bench: 195 (3x5)

Quote Originally Posted by fatrb38
    I try to visualize that my girlfriend is under the weight and I have to push the weight up to save her. Of course it doesn't work and I just laugh as I think about the weight slowly crushing her bones. Then I remember it's me under the weight and give 200% effort to push it back up.

Banned
    atf

so tired. i dont know why im getting up. i should just skip and do shouldders tomorrow.

House Lannister
    Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    atf

so tired. i dont know why im getting up. i should just skip and do shouldders tomorrow.
    work through it Tim. C'mon.

Banned
    oh i will

the fact that im considering skipping is extraordinary. thats how you know im really tired. my timing is all screwed up too, i look soft as hell right now. i can feel a big dump coming. its also becoming VERY easy to not be careful with cals. i was perfect all yesterday and then suddenly ate probably 70g of natty pb at 11pm just before bed. need to try harder to keep that **** under control

i have a bunch of phlegm built up in the back of my throat.. i dont feel sick and yet my throat feels all congested. hm
    Last edited by f=ma; 07-09-2010 at 02:35 AM.

House Lannister
    oh i will

the fact that im considering skipping is extraordinary. thats how you know im really tired.

i have a bunch of phlegm built up in the back of my throat.. i dont feel sick and yet my throat feels all congested. hm
    ^^Thanks for that little fact. Yuck!

Right now, I'm eating 5 slices of Wonder bread because I need to get my cals in for the day and we have no food in this house. I've decided I'm pulling an all nighter because I'm going to be without a car until about 2 p.m. tomorrow, and I need to get some groceries. The grocery store opens at 5, so only an hour and a half left. I'm thinking eggs, and maybe some deli turkey, whole wheat bread, cheerios.

Banned
    deli turkey is worthless get ground beef, brown rice, and and some cheddar.. mix all that **** up and CHOW. you can also mix in broccoli

i think the throat congestion is that natty pb...
    Last edited by f=ma; 07-09-2010 at 02:42 AM.

House Lannister
    deli turkey is worthless get ground beef, brown rice, and and some cheddar.. mix all that **** up and CHOW. you can also mix in broccoli

i think the throat congestion is that natty pb...
    Really? Natty Pb? Like you've had a reaction or something?

Banned
    no.. like its residue coating my throat. its really sticky.

House Lannister
    no.. like its residue coating my throat. its really sticky.

House Lannister
    ^^ Had to be done.

Alright, I think a grocery store nearby is open 24/7 so i'ma go check it out. It looks like I ain't gonna hit dat dere 4,200 today either. Schlitty...

Banned
    throat is definitely sore. ****ing a. fortunately its the weekend and i can rest. im not getting off the couch one time more than necessary

warmup

standing milis, dead stop each rep
    65x5
    95x5
    125x5
    140x10
    135x10
    135x10
    135x6, 95x4
    95x10
    95x10

chins
    bwx10
    bwx10
    bw+25x10
    bw+25x10
    bw+50x6 i think

dips ss with curls
    bwx15/50sx6
    bwx15/45sx6
    bwx15/45sx10

done

no cardio.. it would hurt more than help w/ my throat

plus side.. even though im being super sloppy with cals, i have never looked so full and lean at the same time with my post workout pump. i hope to leave work by 6-7pm today so i can goto sleep early and try to feel better.
    Last edited by f=ma; 07-09-2010 at 05:26 AM.

House Lannister
    throat is definitely sore. ****ing a. fortunately its the weekend and i can rest. im not getting off the couch one time more than necessary

warmup
    65x5
    95x5
    125x5
    140x10
    135x10
    135x10
    135x6, 95x4
    95x10
    95x10

chins
    bwx10
    bwx10
    bw+25x10
    bw+25x10
    bw+50x6 i think

dips ss with curls
    bwx15/50sx6
    bwx15/45sx6
    bwx15/45sx10

done

no cardio.. it would hurt more than help w/ my throat

plus side.. even though im being super sloppy with cals, i have never looked so full and lean at the same time with my post workout pump. i hope to leave work by 6-7pm today so i can goto sleep early and try to feel better.
    Good stuff. get some mentholated cough drops, those'll help. What was your first movement? Rows?

Banned
    oops, no sorry.. it was standing bb milis. ill edit that in there

House Lannister
    oops, no sorry.. it was standing bb milis. ill edit that in there
    Ah okay gotcha. Damn, it'll be an awesome day when I can get 135# for reps on standing mils.

Solid session bro. Hope the throat gets better. I hate throat sicknesses/irritation =/

Quote Originally Posted by chevelle2291 View Post
    Ah okay gotcha. Damn, it'll be an awesome day when I can get 135# for reps on standing mils.
    You say that now, but once you get it you'll be thinking it'll be an awesome day when you can get 185 for standing millis XD
    Lifting Journal
    Age: 20, Height: 5'7", Weight: 165, Deadlift: 405, 9.5" Squat: 230 x 10, Bench: 195 (3x5)

I try to visualize that my girlfriend is under the weight and I have to push the weight up to save her. Of course it doesn't work and I just laugh as I think about the weight slowly crushing her bones. Then I remember it's me under the weight and give 200% effort to push it back up.

House Lannister
    Quote Originally Posted by fixationdarknes View Post
    Solid session bro. Hope the throat gets better. I hate throat sicknesses/irritation =/

You say that now, but once you get it you'll be thinking it'll be an awesome day when you can get 185 for standing millis XD
    Duh.

Big workout all around dude.

Don't you wish you could devote all your time and energy to lifting endeavors? I joke about this with my roomate all the time, it would almost be like being on steroids if you could channel all the other mental and physical focus and energy you expend throughout all the other daily endeavors and only have lifting be your concern. Mental stress and long hours can be as bad as starvation man. 12 hour shifts and still making time for lifting is very impressive. Keep after it, I know I've staggered and once you start it becomes so hard to regain your focus. Keep on your grind at work and in the gym and you'll keep producing the great results you have been for months now @ both.
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

Banned
    thanks guys. feel pretty awful today... i slept like 10 hours last night.. throat hurts pretty nicely.. and i have to goto work. i hope to be out of there by like 3ish? who knows

bw is 176.4. even though there is still like no shift in bw, my face has filled out.. it was quite gaunt before but its normal looking now. i can feel it though.. its a pretty weird feeling and not easy to describe. im buckling down and getting strict with my food weighings starting today. the past week and a half has been "ok" but far from precise. extra half oz of beef and pasta here.. couple of pieces of pineapple there... heaping spoonfuls of natty pb etc (which i love. natty pb is the best)

Banned
    feeling better this afternoon. i worked til like 2:30.. laid out for a bit.. i am definitely softer (fatter). how much of that is glycogen and how much is actually fat... who knows. i miss being REALLY lean already and i still have a defined 6 pack. ugh

I know the feeling. Although I don't have nearly as much muscle to show for it, I've been feeling a bit soft lately and it's not that great of a feeling haha, but then when I see my slightly-enlarged muscles I feel better about it. Good luck sorting things out bro.
    Lifting Journal

Banned
    thanks dude. i feel like death today. throat is very sore. oog

however, ive been toying with my carb cycling setup again..... i like it and may run with it.
    Last edited by f=ma; 07-11-2010 at 06:08 AM.

thanks dude. i feel like death today. throat is very sore. oog

however, ive been toying with my carb cycling setup again..... i like it and may run with it.
    I say give it a shot. Is there a point when you won't be as conscious about being lean? Maybe when September comes around you'll be ready to gain while not focusing on being extra lean. I know things are different in Florida due to the longer time that the weather stays up. October is definitely bulking season in Ohio, LOL. Not so sure about Florida?

You should take an extra day rest from the gym if you haven't already. Working out sucks when you have those problems with your throat. At least make the workouts quicker and shorter so you're not killing yourself in the gym. Sometimes you have to take these types of unplanned breaks.
    Journal http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...us-Consistency

Consistency is the key to success within this sport...

Banned
    theres no way i can lift tomorrow..... i am a wreck. i might be out for a couple of days here. but yeah i like the carb cycling setup.. and it allows me to eat some foods that i really miss more often. as always i'm unsure if i want to try and untested program.. but at this point its obvious that consistent levels of carbs are going to add fat, why not try carb cycling.. its the same average calories per week except theyre focused on lifting days with some tasty fatty stuff on non lifting days

i think the answer is no.. now that i have been very lean i dont want to be in any other condition. i'm going to try to suck it up and allow some fat gain.. probably up to like 195ish.. which i think is a realisitic weigh gain goal. thats 20lbs... however, on the plus side.. now i do know how to diet down very effectively when the time comes. i learned a ton on my last bulk and even more on this last cut.

i think the answer is no.. now that i have been very lean i dont want to be in any other condition. i'm going to try to suck it up and allow some fat gain.. probably up to like 195ish.. which i think is a realisitic weigh gain goal. thats 20lbs... however, on the plus side.. now i do know how to diet down very effectively when the time comes. i learned a ton on my last bulk and even more on this last cut.
    This is a great summary. It sounds like we are in the same boat. I don't care to go to that beast that I saw in the mirror over a year ago, as neither do you. I think 195 is a great weight for you to aim for. You should still be lean but gain some muscle along the road.

I think your last bulk and cut helped you learn a lot, you sound very knowledgeable now with how everything has turned out over the course of the past year.

The Carb cycling program isn't untested, it's been followed by many others. I just am not sure if there are a lot of articles on it? There was a WBB article discussing carb cycling months back though. To me it makes sense, and it appears to make sense to you also. Carb cycling coupled with a certain caloric intake could net you great results. It just depends on how high your calories will be. I haven't been going beyond 3,000 calories except on my refeed days. Even when I carb cycled over a month ago I didn't up my calories drastically.
    Journal http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...us-Consistency

Consistency is the key to success within this sport...