The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 15 of 80 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
    Banned
    well working out tomorrow is out of the question. whenever i am up to task, im going to reset whatever day stuff falls on so i can start with deads

House Lannister
    Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    well working out tomorrow is out of the question. whenever i am up to task, im going to reset whatever day stuff falls on so i can start with deads
    Why, what's wrong? Did you get injured????

Oh, and I've been kinda paying attention to the carb cycling idea. I think that'd be a great idea if you want to walk around at a relatively lean bodyfat percentage year round and not compete next year, but if you want to compete, don't you think more of a bulk is in order? I mean, you don't have to be 1k in excess in calories, but you'll probably need some more food and carbs than you'll be doing on a carb cycling diet, right? I mean, look at Rory. The dude pretty much all out bulks for most months of the year in order to gain as much lean mass as possible, then in two months time is absolutely shredded. If you look at his pics before his cut (which I have, yes homo ) he STILL looks pretty good (don't pay attention to the one where he was out of the gym for weeks on end b/c of his back tho), although he would argue otherwise.

Idk man, I guess it just depends on what your goals are. I think being in Florida, you're kind of in a different position in terms of looking presentable, but how many people down there REALLY have good bodies? I mean, I'm not all that impressed by what people look like when I'm down there for the most part. So, even if you aren't as lean as you'd like, you'd still blow away any guys down there for the most part when you're at the club/bar or whatever, so getting some pu$$y shouldn't really be an issue.

Idk, just figured I'd give the other side of the coin. I'd really like to see you compete in a year and I think it'd be pretty cool to see what you'd look like with 4 or so more pounds of dry muscle on year. And remember, you may have been a little softer than you'd like in your before pics, but that bulk helped you gain all that muscle that you showed off in your cut pics.

Banned
    sick definitely better this morning but lifting is out of the question probably until thurs

to answer your question.. i dont know. i dont envision myself as a competitor.. it just would be something to do while i'm lean. its very tough mentally to knowingly allow myself to get fatter

House Lannister
    sick definitely better this morning but lifting is out of the question probably until thurs

to answer your question.. i dont know. i dont envision myself as a competitor.. it just would be something to do while i'm lean. its very tough mentally to knowingly allow myself to get fatter
    Hope you get better. I hate being sick. Sucks.

Then I see what you are saying about the carb cycling then. That might be a good way to go in that case.

Banned
    yeah i mean.. i want to get physically larger and stronger but not at the expense of gaining fat like i did before... i just cant allow myself to do that. besides, its not like carb cycling prevents gains. the calorie levels are the same its just that im cutting them in half (400 to 200) on non lifting days. i honestly am skeptical as to how much of a difference it will make. fix says that he noticed a diff so we shall see

i have a cornucopia of prescription drugs from my visit to the doctors office today. i decided to get some antibiotics before things get bad like in march. that sidelined me for a week and a half. i usually never get sick like this.. and its happened twice this year so far. unusual. maybe i'm dying.
    Last edited by f=ma; 07-12-2010 at 06:02 PM.

Banned
    still sick maybe squats this friday... probably nothing til monday
    Last edited by f=ma; 02-26-2011 at 10:09 AM.

Your health is very important, wish you the best dude...nothing wrong with taking some extra time off.

Banned
    thanks terry.

i am very unhappy with how i look and feel. i look soft and ****ty.
    Last edited by f=ma; 07-15-2010 at 05:59 AM.

Banned
    still coughing. this is bull****

for the record, i have ballooned up without being able to offset my carb intake with lifting. sitting at 180lbs atm. look like ****, relative to like 4 weeks ago.. which admittedly, is better than 99% of everyone else

Banned
    i decided to hell with it, and i did a full body

squats x a ton
    standing milis x a bunch
    chins x lots
    dips x quite a few
    curls x more than 1
    weighted situps x infinite + 1

preworkout weight: 181. post workout weight: 176. i look and feel a ****ton better although i am still coughing up phlegm

oh and i farted while doing situps. LOUD. if i hadnt taken a dump before i left, i probably would have sharted.
    Last edited by f=ma; 07-17-2010 at 01:42 PM.

Good deal on getting in and doing the whole body workout...all will be well despite the little setback.

House Lannister
    i decided to hell with it, and i did a full body

squats x a ton
    standing milis x a bunch
    chins x lots
    dips x quite a few
    curls x more than 1
    weighted situps x infinite + 1

preworkout weight: 181. post workout weight: 176. i look and feel a ****ton better although i am still coughing up phlegm

oh and i farted while doing situps. LOUD. if i hadnt taken a dump before i left, i probably would have sharted.
    I laughed out loud after reading that last part haha.

Just be sure you take it easy after being sick, k?

Banned
    thanks terry, i do appreciate it bro

ryan...... taking it easy is not what i do. thank you tho. i have a plan!

Banned
    bw 178.something

300cal fasted hiit

Banned
    i am so wishy washy about what i want to do. to bulk or maintain... ugh

How's that fasted hiit treating you? Badass stuff huh?

I don't see how you can do it on a treadmill, yours must have faster response when you change the speed
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

Banned
    it is, i am a big fan. the only cardio i do is on a moving stairmaster, which i really like. it is no impact and is very difficult.. i love it.

so i have decided i'm going to stop being a damn pussy and continue my slow bulk. i indulged big time over the past week or so.... for instance, i ate basically unweighed food all week... ate chicken caesar wraps when work ordered out.. and ate 5.5 chocolate chip cookies on thursday.... etc. i weighed in as high as 187lbs last week. net effect, i am 177 with 8 visible abs that are far less defined and but i am completely filled out as of right now. the bloat finally dropped off yesterday with help of some cardio and a full body workout on sat and i am back to "normal" now. i'm at maint at about 2700 cals (damn you ryan) so planned intake is like 2900/day for now on 5/3/1. just need to stay injury free and its clear sailing to 195-200lbs.

inc deads.
    Last edited by f=ma; 07-19-2010 at 03:27 AM.

Banned
    just want to add that on thurs, i ate 5.5 chocolate chip cookies, i followed it up with a sleeve of fat free pringles, a box of fig newtons, 2 rows of reduced fat oreos, and a normal dinner. i was in a food coma.. and for what it was, it was awesome.

Banned
    deads
    135x5
    185x5
    225x3
    275x3
    305x8
    275x9
    245x10
    245x10
    225x12
    225x10

bb rows
    135x10x3

stretching

done. throat is iffy. the hiit this weekend might have been pushing it. i feel 100% in my head but still some physical symptoms. i will just implode if i regress back into last weeks condition

I wannabebig!
    just want to add that on thurs, i ate 5.5 chocolate chip cookies, i followed it up with a sleeve of fat free pringles, a box of fig newtons, 2 rows of reduced fat oreos, and a normal dinner. i was in a food coma.. and for what it was, it was awesome.
    ff pringles = leads to anal linkage

haha

Banned
    haha i didnt leak, lucky me i guess.

RIP AM crew

benching inc. i have redone my bulking diet in albertos image based on his numbers scaled up with some adjustments.

House Lannister
    haha i didnt leak, lucky me i guess.

RIP AM crew

benching inc. i have redone my bulking diet in albertos image based on his numbers scaled up with some adjustments.
    Dont be so sure...

Banned
    ahh there we are.

House Lannister
    ahh there we are.
    How ya feelin' today?

Banned
    not bad. sadly my shoulder did not feel good today. i tried flat db bench... it was ok.

db bench
    various to
    60sx3
    80sx3
    100sx5
    90sx8
    80sx10
    75sx9
    75sx10
    75sx9
    75sx12
    75sx9
    it was something like that

db curls per arm ss with dips
    30sx5 / bw x10
    40sx5 / bwx10
    50sx5 / bwx10
    55sx5 / bwx10
    40sx10 / bwx16 i think

stretching

done. no cardio... i am still coughing up phlegm amazingly enough. i woke up coughing once last night but i feel 100% except for my throat which is still a little dry etc. the difference between me at a depleted 173 and a filled 178 is immense. i seriously have about 3-4" more on my shoulder width.which is 52.5" as of right now with a chest pump lawl. and yet i squat in the low 2s. i have yet to understand that ****.. i move small weights and yet i have decent size. shrug
    Last edited by f=ma; 07-20-2010 at 04:46 AM.