Page 19 of 80 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 475 of 1996

Thread: lifting journal pt. 2

  1. #451
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,580
    thanks ryan. correct 5x5

    thanks terry

    i seriously felt like i was going to fall apart this morning. holding it together now.

  2. #452
    Continuing... Time+Patience's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    1,702
    Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    milis
    148x5
    Nice to see you using some more damn weight!!!

    I thought 5x5 was 5 sets and 5 reps for each exercise? It looks like 5 exercises total, am I missing something? I've seen so many versions of 5x5, I'm not sure what it really is.


    Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    i seriously felt like i was going to fall apart this morning. holding it together now.
    What in the world is going on? I know you were doing IF, but you stated you stopped it, what's the deal?
    Last edited by Time+Patience; 08-11-2010 at 07:02 PM.
    Journal http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...us-Consistency

    Consistency is the key to success within this sport...

  3. #453
    House Lannister
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,282
    Quote Originally Posted by Time+Patience View Post
    Nice to see you using some more damn weight!!!

    I thought 5x5 was 5 sets and 5 reps for each exercise? It looks like 5 exercises total, am I missing something? I've seen so many versions of 5x5, I'm not sure what it really is.




    What in the world is going on? I know you were doing IF, but you stated you stopped it, what's the deal?
    I think it's the Madcow version, where you do just one maximal set i.e. HCT-12. There's usually about 3-4 sets that ramp up to that top set of 5.

  4. #454
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,580
    scott, its was like a culmination of work stress, diet and unknown. its hard to put these things into words. things are ok now tho. madcow 5x5 is only 2 work sets amongst 5 sets total which ramp to a top set. i did really well on this last year. its very low volume.. and its really easy for the first 3 weeks... then around week 5-6 it starts getting hard every workout and thats when things get awesome. i added a lot of weight to all of my lifts last year on it, which translated to a very decent amount of muscle gained.. so we'll see how it treats me this year! i keep on saying this but if only i can control my intake. at least its all clean. last night i ate 12oz of almonds... amongst normal food. ugh


    AM CREW
    Last edited by f=ma; 08-13-2010 at 02:41 AM.

  5. #455
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,580
    uhm.. week 2, day 3

    squat
    268x3
    185x8

    inc bench
    180x3
    125x8

    row
    185x3
    155x8

    dips
    +50x8x2

    curlz
    60sx5x2
    40sx10x3

    stretching

    done. week come and gone. if i can make it 12 weeks without missing a lift i will be very pleased.. will be in some very nice strength levels and have gained a nice chunk of lean mass. i think my stop-loss will be 210. so...... ya.

  6. #456
    Soon to be lean... Joe Black's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Cambridge, England
    Posts
    10,936
    Hey buddy, good job in here.

    I hear you on the IF with a morning workout, that would be super tough especially if you are smashing the weights hard.

    If I was gonna do IF properly, i would train around 2-3pm and go for this set up:

    12-1 PM or around lunch/noon: Pre-workout meal. Approximately 20-25% of daily total calorie intake.
    3-4 PM: Training should happen a few hours after the pre-workout meal.
    4-5 PM: Post-workout meal (largest meal).
    8-9 PM: Last meal before the fast.

    Admittedly, I have a flexible schedule so I know its not as easy for everyone to train at that typa time.

    So, are you back on a normal eating plan now?

    Keep up the good work and don't be so tough on yourself!
    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

    AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

    Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

    Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? My Training Journal

  7. #457
    House Lannister
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,282
    Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post


    AM CREW
    We need shirts.

  8. #458
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,580
    i think im going to get shirts made. 4 in white and 3 in blue

    AM CREW

  9. #459
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,580
    daniel, i couldnt make it on my first workout day. i got severely hypoglycemic and there was just too much **** going on at work to be screwing around with no productivity.. so i grubbed. and the rest is history. so far, i have not over consumed today after work. big step for me :P

  10. #460
    House Lannister
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,282
    Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    daniel, i couldnt make it on my first workout day. i got severely hypoglycemic and there was just too much **** going on at work to be screwing around with no productivity.. so i grubbed. and the rest is history. so far, i have not over consumed today after work. big step for me :P
    So are you forgetting about IF then? It seems you have some trouble with it. Think you need more carbs or something?

  11. #461
    Rory Parker Behemoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    5,320
    Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    i think im going to get shirts made. 4 in white and 3 in blue

    AM CREW
    Except Ryans should say PM crew because really he's not up early, he's just nocturnal.

    For your workouts you oughtta list your warmup sets too instead of doing the "various up to" thing. How long do your workouts take you? Unless you do like 10 warmup sets I can't see much more than 30 minutes or so? Does more volume build upon this program as you progress or is basically a very low volume but higher frequency kind of deal or what?

    One last thing, what did you mean by your "stop loss would be 210"? You mean where you feel you're body will settle out to?
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

    "You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott



    I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

  12. #462
    Rory Parker Behemoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    5,320
    Quote Originally Posted by chevelle2291 View Post
    So are you forgetting about IF then? It seems you have some trouble with it. Think you need more carbs or something?
    See 10:30... ryans just getting up. PM crew haha
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

    "You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott



    I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

  13. #463
    House Lannister
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,282
    Quote Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
    See 10:30... ryans just getting up. PM crew haha
    Laugh it up Rory.

  14. #464
    House Lannister
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,282
    Quote Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
    For your workouts you oughtta list your warmup sets too instead of doing the "various up to" thing. How long do your workouts take you? Unless you do like 10 warmup sets I can't see much more than 30 minutes or so? Does more volume build upon this program as you progress or is basically a very low volume but higher frequency kind of deal or what?

    One last thing, what did you mean by your "stop loss would be 210"? You mean where you feel you're body will settle out to?
    There's usually about 4 ramping sets in addition to the final set. When I was doing it I could get done in about an hour and 15/hour 30 with a dynamic warm-up. Doesn't take very long at all.

    Volume doesn't change and neither does frequency. But the weight increases are aggressive. Weight increases on squat every Friday, and more reps of that same weight every Monday.

  15. #465
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,580
    Quote Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
    Except Ryans should say PM crew because really he's not up early, he's just nocturnal.

    For your workouts you oughtta list your warmup sets too instead of doing the "various up to" thing. How long do your workouts take you? Unless you do like 10 warmup sets I can't see much more than 30 minutes or so? Does more volume build upon this program as you progress or is basically a very low volume but higher frequency kind of deal or what?

    One last thing, what did you mean by your "stop loss would be 210"? You mean where you feel you're body will settle out to?
    i mean that no matter what state i am in.. at 210lbs i am going to stop bulk.. maintain a week or two while i get a handle on my intake then see where things go. in all likelihood, it will be down to 10% or so.. maybe another few weeks if i have time, then back down to 7-8% for next summer.

    ryan explained it pretty well. it is low volume, higher frequency. i changed the program a bit.. so inc bench is my primary bench movement and instead of inc bench i am doing OH bb press. this is because flat bench of any variety messes with my shoulder

    it takes me about an 1:15 to do with warmup and stretching. its really easy for the first few weeks.. but like ryan said, the weight increases are aggressive. deads bump at 9lbs per week for 6 weeks then 10lbs per week. same with squats. bench is only moving at 5lbs a week.

    after 12 weeks, if i dont miss lifts, my 5rms will be:

    inc bench 225
    oh press 190 (no way this will happen, i'll stall around 170ish i think)
    dead 404
    squat 335

    i know ill be in bad shape joint wise etc.. so i anticipate deloading a week or so somewhere in there, reseting weights back a week then trying to push to 16 weeks. all of that in under 25lbs. im 185 as i sit here chowing almonds and skim milk. oh and i had sex with 42 year old woman with fake breasts that i work with tonight. i will get some pics tomorrow haha

  16. #466
    Senior Member cphafner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    The Big Apple
    Posts
    7,701
    sorry to read you had a little meltdown there. Been there, done that. You'll come out stronger once you learn to deal with what was going on!

    Looks like you are doing IF. Always sounded cool to me. Interested to see how this plays out.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

    I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

    "you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

    "Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

    From A Body Builder is Born

    i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

  17. #467
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,580
    connor, nay. i tried IF and made it 1 day, im pathetic. it was really due to me choosing a bad time to do it.

    so the girls started flowing back in for college this fall. starting a bulk was a huge mistake.

  18. #468
    House Lannister
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,282
    Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    oh and i had sex with 42 year old woman with fake breasts that i work with tonight. i will get some pics tomorrow haha



  19. #469
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,580
    ill post some up, dont worry. i ddnt see her sat

    squats
    95x5
    135x5
    185x5
    225x3
    255x3
    295x7
    225x11

    db lunges per leg
    80sx5
    100sx6
    110sx4

    vert calf press
    somethingx10x3

    250 cal ss stairmaster. cut it short.. right hip is kinda tweaked from a misstep on lunges

    stretching

    done
    Last edited by f=ma; 08-16-2010 at 05:57 AM.

  20. #470
    Rory Parker Behemoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    5,320
    Nice lunging. 110s are no joke
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

    "You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott



    I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

  21. #471
    WBB Team Captain Coke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Jacob's ladder
    Posts
    35,261
    Impressive stuff there, what you did with the db lunges is awesome.

  22. #472
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,580
    thanks rory, thanks terry

    i overslept!! what happened is that since my alarm did not go off (i forgot to change it this weekened), i assumed it was too early. damnation

    AM CREW

  23. #473
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,580
    rotator work.

    bb bench (OH YEAH!!)
    barx5
    95x5
    135x5
    185x5
    235x5
    235x5
    185x14

    dips
    bwx5
    +25x5
    +50x5
    +75x5
    +90x4 (boo)

    db inc bench
    various to
    90x5x2

    stretching

    done

    knee is achy from lunges.. cardio attempt tomorrow tho

  24. #474
    WBB Team Captain Coke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Jacob's ladder
    Posts
    35,261
    I can't even remember the last time I did the dips, lol - need to start 'em up...solid chest day Tim.

  25. #475
    Continuing... Time+Patience's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    1,702
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Clough View Post
    I hear you on the IF with a morning workout, that would be super tough especially if you are smashing the weights hard.

    If I was gonna do IF properly, i would train around 2-3pm and go for this set up:

    12-1 PM or around lunch/noon: Pre-workout meal. Approximately 20-25% of daily total calorie intake.
    3-4 PM: Training should happen a few hours after the pre-workout meal.
    4-5 PM: Post-workout meal (largest meal).
    8-9 PM: Last meal before the fast.
    I just gave the IF diet a try for today, as a trial run. It wasn't too bad either. I did actually train in the morning, which I wouldn't do on a regular basis. I just ended up drinking a lot of BCAA's throughout the day. I think I will actually be able to give it a longer test run. With just teaching, I am able to not exert much physical energy. I had my bouts of hunger kickig in, but I think I'll be able to mange it.
    Journal http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...us-Consistency

    Consistency is the key to success within this sport...

Similar Threads

  1. lifting journal
    By twm in forum Member Online Journals
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 04-04-2009, 07:56 AM
  2. What do you do with your lifting journal?
    By LoneJeeper in forum General Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-26-2005, 03:43 PM
  3. Lifting Journal
    By waterbuckat in forum Member Online Journals
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-14-2002, 10:46 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •