Page 22 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast

Thread: lifting journal pt. 2

House Lannister
    Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    some palm beach douche bag runs right into me leaving the water fountain. i call him on it and hes like "no you ran into me" hah. i called him a prima donna which obviously infuriated him. good times. the irony is that i'm very courteous to those who demonstrate courtesy.. but if youre a douche bag i am so vicious. oh well.
    hahahaha.

You are no joke man, lol - way to handle dude...like the workout, especially the front squats.

Keep up the good work and I'm glad you are allowing yourself to gain weight and feel ok (well as ok as you can) about it.

I think the number one reason for not making the progress you want is when you are undecided on a certain direction - you just have to pick it, gear your whole plan around that and go for it...

Excited to see how you get on!
    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? My Training Journal

Awesome front squats too.... I did them yesterday for sets of 8 reps - killer!
    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? My Training Journal

Banned
    So my trucks transmission exploded at 70 MPH last night. 34.5k miles

What postb are the frontg squats in. I gotta be blind or something
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

Banned
    there werent any he misread it

they were just atf narrow stance squats

forget squats. my trucks goddamn transmission exploded

House Lannister
    there werent any he misread it

they were just atf narrow stance squats

forget squats. my trucks goddamn transmission exploded

my trucks transmission exploded
    Really sorry to hear about that, hate to see you in a position where you are forced into the market for a new vehicle or having to fix the old one. Wish you the best Tim.

Banned
    haha ryan I KNEW you were going to post something like that. im sticking to the plan.. keeping it until a month or two before the ext warranty is over... which is at either 75k miles or november 2012 i think.

and thanks terry. its not too big of a deal because its covered by powertrain and i have an extended warranty.. so between those, i should be fine but its just ridiculous that a tranny goes before i even hit my 36k mile mark. i dont tow or drive it hard or anything. so i have a cadillac dts rental for now, which is ok.

House Lannister
    haha ryan I KNEW you were going to post something like that. im sticking to the plan.. keeping it until a month or two before the ext warranty is over... which is at either 75k miles or november 2012 i think.

and thanks terry. its not too big of a deal because its covered by powertrain and i have an extended warranty.. so between those, i should be fine but its just ridiculous that a tranny goes before i even hit my 36k mile mark. i dont tow or drive it hard or anything. so i have a cadillac dts rental for now, which is ok.
    Haha I figured you would.

How about you drive up to Des Moines to drop off some of that nasty vanilla protein powder. That should get you to 75k quicker.

That's pretty crappy for that tranny to fail, but there are bad apples in everything, hopefully that's all it was and they'll get it replaced. Work looks good man.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Clough View Post
    Keep up the good work and I'm glad you are allowing yourself to gain weight and feel ok (well as ok as you can) about it.

I think the number one reason for not making the progress you want is when you are undecided on a certain direction - you just have to pick it, gear your whole plan around that and go for it...

Thank You!!!! I've been preaching this for a few months now. I've been telling him that when he makes up his mind and sticks with whatever decision he chooses that he'll start to progress quite nicely.

It's good to see he's onto a plan now.
    Journal http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...us-Consistency

Consistency is the key to success within this sport...

oh hey

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

"Light Weight"

260's by May

Banned
    sup guyz

Banned
    my truck is supposed to be ready today.

FINALLY

i have this absurd 50ft long cadillac deville at the moment

House Lannister
    But how are your workouts going?

Banned
    good. i stopped bulking. completely unshocking right? well i put on too much fat transitioning.. i will try again once i'm back into my previous condition, which is prob another 4-6 weeks off.

lifting highlights are that i pulled 355x4 & standing mili'd 160x4 last weds..benched 240x5 last monday, 245x3 on friday.. im just going to keep going on 5x5 until i'm doing singles then reset down and keep mushing.

I'm confused. I thought you called the diet off 2 weeks ago. Are you saying you're embarking on your now third cut this year?

Banned
    hah ya. i know, i'm pathetic. the past 2 months have been a waste of time. however, it was a very good learning experience.

everyone mock me and get it over with.
    Last edited by f=ma; 09-05-2010 at 05:10 PM.

A gallon a day, everyday! ThomasG's Avatar
    Ok I haven't been in here for awhile and reading this page has me confused. What are you doing right now and what are you training for?
    My Journal
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    you're an intelligent guy... but you're also half #$%&ing crazy... and that my friend is the formula for a great powerlifter.
    23 Years old
    5'10 198'er
    Squat-565(wraps) 560(Raw)
    Bench:365(raw)
    Deadlift:555(raw)
    Front Squat-465x1 (wraps) 405x2 (raw)
    AtLarge Nutrition Optimize your body and Support WBB

everyone mock me and get it over with.
    No way dude, good deal on shocking the system a little, lol.

Well, was the truck in fact ready? Or are you stuck in granny mobile a few more days.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Banned
    mark its ready, i am back in action. i really missed it... didnt know it until it happened. they tried to charge me $1500 for the repair and i said, "uh no, this is powertrain covered," which indeed it was.

thomas.. 10 pages of journaling summarized, i tried to bulk, lost control of calories which resulted in about 3-4 weeks of binging. i put on fat to the extent somewhere around 11-12%bf overall. in the course of trying to accept this, i waffled several times. however, i cant, it disgusts me on a personal level. so i'm going to start over and try again much more carefully. plus side is that being that its warm here all year round and there are a lot of college girls, this is advantageous but prevents me from hitting long term lifting goals. so once i get back down to somewhere i am ok with, maybe i'll try a consult with that lean gains guy.. maybe someone else. dunno.

split session today.. since its a holiday and i have time to burn.

cardio shortly followed by the power workout later this morning.