The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 40 of 80 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 1996
    Banned
    dude so hot

she was very skinny, legit abs, attention whore sports bra as a shirt, tan, small c cup. rape could have been an option and when i went before the judge he'd be like, "case dismissed!"

but ya, no pics. its creepy dude. how am i supposed to do that?

Banned
    dips = mistake btw

Banned
    good workout

hypers/lunges for warmup

deads
    135x5
    185x3
    225x3
    275x3
    315x3
    335x3
    385x7 belt, straps, eco
    405x4 belt, straps, eco, def a pr
    405x3 same
    315x6
    never tried anything over 365 for reps before.. i had the rage boiling today.. pleasantly surprised despite being tired

db shrugs
    90sx12
    100sx12
    110sx15x3

done.. bb rows/gms tonight

just once, i would like to have a bulk from start to finish where i did not get defcon 5 swamp ass multiple times per day. why is that so much to ask
    Last edited by f=ma; 10-26-2010 at 05:04 AM.

Awesome on the deadlifts, way to pound those puppies out. LOL at the swamp ass
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Saying hello next time you see super fine chick, sounds like a fair deal, lol...like those deads and shrugs.

Banned
    thanks or!

terry, i might not last that long. i just got a DOUBLE WARNING for "being too loud and intimidating." they said i was throwing weights.. i told them its gravity.

all these old women are such pussies

bb rows to
    245x5
    backoff
    185x9

gms
    155x10x3

hypers

prob just going to sign up at ballys. next week im gonna attempt as big of a dead as i can and HURL it down and show her what a throw sounds like

zomg @ teh deads

was standing in front of a secretary today and while talking to her, I let loose a small fart. oops. I'm hoping she didn't notice. she probably did, in which case I am so ****ed because she also works for a partner at my firm.
    me: so this is the "pump" you speak of
    me: I could never figure out what people were talking about
    Relentless: like an all over body hardon, yeah

Food log

The Focused Chronicles

A gallon a day, everyday! ThomasG's Avatar
    405x4-Beast!!!
    My Journal
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    you're an intelligent guy... but you're also half #$%&ing crazy... and that my friend is the formula for a great powerlifter.
    23 Years old
    5'10 198'er
    Squat-565(wraps) 560(Raw)
    Bench:365(raw)
    Deadlift:555(raw)
    Front Squat-465x1 (wraps) 405x2 (raw)
    AtLarge Nutrition Optimize your body and Support WBB

Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    deads
    385x7 belt, straps, eco
    405x4 belt, straps, eco, def a pr
    405x3 same
    I'm definitely happy to see this. You'll be pulling 455 soon enough! You have really been hitting it hard lately. So with you going twice a day do you still intend on lifting 6 days a week with all of the cardio also?

I know you've been taking minimal rest days over the past few weeks, do you plan on following that same protocol for much longer?
    Journal http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...us-Consistency

Consistency is the key to success within this sport...

House Lannister
    Quote Originally Posted by Time+Patience View Post
    I'm definitely happy to see this. You'll be pulling 455 soon enough! You have really been hitting it hard lately. So with you going twice a day do you still intend on lifting 6 days a week with all of the cardio also?

I know you've been taking minimal rest days over the past few weeks, do you plan on following that same protocol for much longer?
    +1 to this. This is so unlike what you've done in the past Tim, I'm curious as to why the change? Clearly it's working, but it seems like a LOT of work!

Banned
    ty focused, lol at farting while talking to some girl... hilarious.

ty thomas!

scott, i will do it as long as i can.. gotta drop back eventually because i'm feeling a lot of wear and tear.. right elbow was the first to act up.. ive backed off direct arm work completely this week so far... shouldnt have done those dips on monday but i think it will recover quite well with the current level of indirect work. the 3rd and 6th day is mostly accessory stuff... like weighted abs and arms... just abs now today i guess.

ryan, thanks. it is a lot of work.. but what else do i have to do? nothing. so onward

-------------------------

about to do

30m stairmaster
    weighted abs

there is a gym called powerhouse thats a little west of me. im gonna check it out for my PM sessions. with a name like powerhouse and a guy holding a bent barbell, youd think they wouldnt give a crap about loud deads right? we will see!

Banned
    so it turns out there is a powerhouse west of me. im going to check that out today i think

oh wait i already said that

only did 20m cardio.
    Last edited by f=ma; 10-27-2010 at 04:59 AM.

Banned
    110s/205 standing mili attempt inc

roar.
    Last edited by f=ma; 10-28-2010 at 02:56 AM.

Banned
    subpar energy, subpar workout

db oh press
    30sx10
    45sx8
    60sx5
    75sx5
    90sx5
    100sx5
    110sx4/4
    110sx4/5
    100sx7

standing mili
    65x5
    95x5
    135x5
    175x2 lost balance badly on 2, fell foward.. recovered but lost blood pressure trying to stabilize... almost fainted, very close call ugh
    185x7 belt
    185x6 belt
    155x9
    135x11

didnt even bother with 205. no intensity today. i need some serious sleep catchup and probably should take little break. le sigh
    Last edited by f=ma; 10-28-2010 at 04:58 AM.

Sleep, eat, rest, come back strong. Got to listen to the body.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Banned
    thanks man

ya..

so i was at my new gym and theres a guy repping 275 on seated bb shoulder press... probably a 1/2 ROM or so.. a little above parallel. MUCH bigger than me

i almost asked him if he thought that rom was better for size. clearly hes doing something right. i dunno.

Repping 275...what a beast. I wonder what he could do with a full range of motion though. That would be interesting to find out too. Limited range of motion is pretty hard to judge. I've seen a lot of guys repping 350 on the bench...but with said limited range of motion.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

I've seen lots of huge lifters use the limited range approach over the years, keeps constant tension on the targeted area. You put some fine focus yourself on the delts with that effort man.

Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    so i was at my new gym and theres a guy repping 275 on seated bb shoulder press... probably a 1/2 ROM or so.. a little above parallel. MUCH bigger than me

i almost asked him if he thought that rom was better for size. clearly hes doing something right. i dunno.
    What sort of partial ROM? Was it the kind where they are bringing it down and jsut rasing up to a little above parallel, or are they going from lockout to just a little above parallel?

The way that Coke is referring to with partial ROM I've seen others do and it does make sense due to the constant tension on the muscle. If you did do partial ROM to keep constant tension then the love for strength will take a hit as you can't take the "breaks" that we often do during a set.

They work great though, try constant tension for DB lateral raises, killer!
    Journal http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...us-Consistency

Consistency is the key to success within this sport...

A gallon a day, everyday! ThomasG's Avatar
    How long are you cycling off the Ephedrine?
    My Journal
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    you're an intelligent guy... but you're also half #$%&ing crazy... and that my friend is the formula for a great powerlifter.
    23 Years old
    5'10 198'er
    Squat-565(wraps) 560(Raw)
    Bench:365(raw)
    Deadlift:555(raw)
    Front Squat-465x1 (wraps) 405x2 (raw)
    AtLarge Nutrition Optimize your body and Support WBB

House Lannister
    Are you going to tone down the volume and frequency (two-a-days) now? I'd like to see ya on 5x5 again just for kicks. Gives me some goals to shoot for in the long term.

I like the fact that you didn't push yourself too hard when you were feeling crappy - thats a smart move and something I think too many people don't do enough of. They just push through it and continue to feel crappy rather than rest up and come at it hard next session.

Also, I am the same as you. I want to stop so many people in my gym that are simply doing horrendous things. I see these real skinny guys going 20 reps on cable extension curls and then flexing in between sets in the mirror and they are like 140lbs.. They probably don't even know what a squat or deadlift is, but alas we can;t save the whole world.. **** I need to save myself first lol
    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? – My Training Journal

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
    Repping 275...what a beast. I wonder what he could do with a full range of motion though. That would be interesting to find out too. Limited range of motion is pretty hard to judge. I've seen a lot of guys repping 350 on the bench...but with said limited range of motion.
    it is.. i really wanted to ask. as sad as it is, i have never encountered anyone who can beat my shoulder pressing. i should have, i am a little girl.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoa View Post
    I've seen lots of huge lifters use the limited range approach over the years, keeps constant tension on the targeted area. You put some fine focus yourself on the delts with that effort man.
    see thats what i was thinking terry. that goes back to the tension vs ROM argument. thanks for the props bro

Quote Originally Posted by Time+Patience View Post
    What sort of partial ROM? Was it the kind where they are bringing it down and jsut rasing up to a little above parallel, or are they going from lockout to just a little above parallel?

The way that Coke is referring to with partial ROM I've seen others do and it does make sense due to the constant tension on the muscle. If you did do partial ROM to keep constant tension then the love for strength will take a hit as you can't take the "breaks" that we often do during a set.

They work great though, try constant tension for DB lateral raises, killer!
    scott, it was bring it from lockout to just above parallel. "letting strength go" is really relative though. you would still measure your gains in terms of strength but it would just be adjusted for the change in ROM. i could probably do 245 for reps like he was... but honestly, i would probably have a hard time unracking it. i did 210x7 going below parallel with a slightly wider grip and it was not easy to unrack at all. he prob had like 50-60lbs on me. big, balanced lifter... but this is a different kind of gym. there are pro bb's and big ass dudes here. i dont know the sport well enough to drop names but.. ya.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasG View Post
    How long are you cycling off the Ephedrine?
    im still taking it. i really, really need to taper it off. i have been taking 37.5mg per day since february. i had a brief break around june...

Quote Originally Posted by chevelle2291 View Post
    Are you going to tone down the volume and frequency (two-a-days) now? I'd like to see ya on 5x5 again just for kicks. Gives me some goals to shoot for in the long term.
    5x5 served its purpose, its really unlikely i will do madcow again. i've been doing the principle of the rep scheme though on my primary lifts. hit a mark for 5 reps... add weight. although i am very tempted to see what my bb bench is right now when i am fresh. i'm pretty sure i can hit 315 rest paused with a PL setup. hooray for a long torso, short arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Clough View Post
    I like the fact that you didn't push yourself too hard when you were feeling crappy - thats a smart move and something I think too many people don't do enough of. They just push through it and continue to feel crappy rather than rest up and come at it hard next session.

Also, I am the same as you. I want to stop so many people in my gym that are simply doing horrendous things. I see these real skinny guys going 20 reps on cable extension curls and then flexing in between sets in the mirror and they are like 140lbs.. They probably don't even know what a squat or deadlift is, but alas we can;t save the whole world.. **** I need to save myself first lol
    thanks daniel.

-------------------------

took off of work today.. asked for the day off last minute. i am so mentally and physically burnt out from stress i really needed a breather, which they gave to me thankfully. its almost quasi depression... i dont even want to lift today, but obviously i will. im going to goto my new gym and squat i think. my lower back is still a little sore from deads this week which were awesome... so i might need to keep the weight a little lower and rep or something. squats inc

Banned
    squats deep

barx5
    95x5
    135x5
    185x5
    225x5
    275x5
    315x5
    345x6 5 very good, 6 had some forward lean
    335x4
    315x5
    275x10

db lunges
    30sx5
    45sx5
    60sx5
    75sx5
    90sx5
    105sx8
    90sx9

leg ext
    180x20
    180x20 5-10s rest here and there
    160x20 same
    160x20 same

vert calf ss with leg ext
    6ppsx15 / 150x20 5-10s rest here and there
    6ppsx15 / 150x20 5-10s rest here and there
    6ppsx15 / 150x15ish dont remember, doesnt matter
    6ppsx15 / 150x15ish same
    6ppsx15 / 150x15ish same

DB CURLS
    35sx12
    35sx12
    40sx12
    40sx10
    40sx10
    slow

done

So much for keeping it light - Haha
    Glad you got the day off to just reset the brain. Sometimes that's all you need, a little breather. Hope it helps.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal