The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 40 of 80 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 1996
  1. #976
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,580
    dude so hot

    she was very skinny, legit abs, attention whore sports bra as a shirt, tan, small c cup. rape could have been an option and when i went before the judge he'd be like, "case dismissed!"

    but ya, no pics. its creepy dude. how am i supposed to do that?

  2. #977
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,580
    dips = mistake btw

  3. #978
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,580
    good workout

    hypers/lunges for warmup

    deads
    135x5
    185x3
    225x3
    275x3
    315x3
    335x3
    385x7 belt, straps, eco
    405x4 belt, straps, eco, def a pr
    405x3 same
    315x6
    never tried anything over 365 for reps before.. i had the rage boiling today.. pleasantly surprised despite being tired

    db shrugs
    90sx12
    100sx12
    110sx15x3

    done.. bb rows/gms tonight

    just once, i would like to have a bulk from start to finish where i did not get defcon 5 swamp ass multiple times per day. why is that so much to ask
    Last edited by f=ma; 10-26-2010 at 05:04 AM.

  4. #979
    Moderator Off Road's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    13,887
    Awesome on the deadlifts, way to pound those puppies out. LOL at the swamp ass
    _________
    ______
    ___

    Off Road Journal

    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

    AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

  5. #980
    WBB Team Captain Coke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Jacob's ladder
    Posts
    35,261
    Saying hello next time you see super fine chick, sounds like a fair deal, lol...like those deads and shrugs.

  6. #981
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,580
    thanks or!

    terry, i might not last that long. i just got a DOUBLE WARNING for "being too loud and intimidating." they said i was throwing weights.. i told them its gravity.

    all these old women are such pussies

    bb rows to
    245x5
    backoff
    185x9

    gms
    155x10x3

    hypers

    prob just going to sign up at ballys. next week im gonna attempt as big of a dead as i can and HURL it down and show her what a throw sounds like

  7. #982
    Professional hobbit Focused70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Hobbiton, The Shire
    Posts
    7,811
    zomg @ teh deads

    was standing in front of a secretary today and while talking to her, I let loose a small fart. oops. I'm hoping she didn't notice. she probably did, in which case I am so ****ed because she also works for a partner at my firm.
    me: so this is the "pump" you speak of
    me: I could never figure out what people were talking about
    Relentless: like an all over body hardon, yeah


    Food log

    The Focused Chronicles

  8. #983
    A gallon a day, everyday! ThomasG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,713
    405x4-Beast!!!
    My Journal
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    you're an intelligent guy... but you're also half #$%&ing crazy... and that my friend is the formula for a great powerlifter.
    23 Years old
    5'10 198'er
    Squat-565(wraps) 560(Raw)
    Bench:365(raw)
    Deadlift:555(raw)
    Front Squat-465x1 (wraps) 405x2 (raw)
    AtLarge Nutrition Optimize your body and Support WBB

  9. #984
    Continuing... Time+Patience's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    1,702
    Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    deads
    385x7 belt, straps, eco
    405x4 belt, straps, eco, def a pr
    405x3 same
    I'm definitely happy to see this. You'll be pulling 455 soon enough! You have really been hitting it hard lately. So with you going twice a day do you still intend on lifting 6 days a week with all of the cardio also?

    I know you've been taking minimal rest days over the past few weeks, do you plan on following that same protocol for much longer?
    Journal http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...us-Consistency

    Consistency is the key to success within this sport...

  10. #985
    House Lannister
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,282
    Quote Originally Posted by Time+Patience View Post
    I'm definitely happy to see this. You'll be pulling 455 soon enough! You have really been hitting it hard lately. So with you going twice a day do you still intend on lifting 6 days a week with all of the cardio also?

    I know you've been taking minimal rest days over the past few weeks, do you plan on following that same protocol for much longer?
    +1 to this. This is so unlike what you've done in the past Tim, I'm curious as to why the change? Clearly it's working, but it seems like a LOT of work!

  11. #986
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,580
    ty focused, lol at farting while talking to some girl... hilarious.

    ty thomas!

    scott, i will do it as long as i can.. gotta drop back eventually because i'm feeling a lot of wear and tear.. right elbow was the first to act up.. ive backed off direct arm work completely this week so far... shouldnt have done those dips on monday but i think it will recover quite well with the current level of indirect work. the 3rd and 6th day is mostly accessory stuff... like weighted abs and arms... just abs now today i guess.

    ryan, thanks. it is a lot of work.. but what else do i have to do? nothing. so onward

    -------------------------

    about to do

    30m stairmaster
    weighted abs

    there is a gym called powerhouse thats a little west of me. im gonna check it out for my PM sessions. with a name like powerhouse and a guy holding a bent barbell, youd think they wouldnt give a crap about loud deads right? we will see!

  12. #987
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,580
    so it turns out there is a powerhouse west of me. im going to check that out today i think

    oh wait i already said that

    only did 20m cardio.
    Last edited by f=ma; 10-27-2010 at 04:59 AM.

  13. #988
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,580
    110s/205 standing mili attempt inc

    roar.
    Last edited by f=ma; 10-28-2010 at 02:56 AM.

  14. #989
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,580
    subpar energy, subpar workout

    db oh press
    30sx10
    45sx8
    60sx5
    75sx5
    90sx5
    100sx5
    110sx4/4
    110sx4/5
    100sx7

    standing mili
    65x5
    95x5
    135x5
    175x2 lost balance badly on 2, fell foward.. recovered but lost blood pressure trying to stabilize... almost fainted, very close call ugh
    185x7 belt
    185x6 belt
    155x9
    135x11

    didnt even bother with 205. no intensity today. i need some serious sleep catchup and probably should take little break. le sigh
    Last edited by f=ma; 10-28-2010 at 04:58 AM.

  15. #990
    Moderator Off Road's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    13,887
    Sleep, eat, rest, come back strong. Got to listen to the body.
    _________
    ______
    ___

    Off Road Journal

    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

    AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

  16. #991
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,580
    thanks man

    ya..

    so i was at my new gym and theres a guy repping 275 on seated bb shoulder press... probably a 1/2 ROM or so.. a little above parallel. MUCH bigger than me

    i almost asked him if he thought that rom was better for size. clearly hes doing something right. i dunno.

  17. #992
    Moderator Off Road's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    13,887
    Repping 275...what a beast. I wonder what he could do with a full range of motion though. That would be interesting to find out too. Limited range of motion is pretty hard to judge. I've seen a lot of guys repping 350 on the bench...but with said limited range of motion.
    _________
    ______
    ___

    Off Road Journal

    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

    AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

  18. #993
    WBB Team Captain Coke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Jacob's ladder
    Posts
    35,261
    I've seen lots of huge lifters use the limited range approach over the years, keeps constant tension on the targeted area. You put some fine focus yourself on the delts with that effort man.

  19. #994
    Continuing... Time+Patience's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    1,702
    Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    so i was at my new gym and theres a guy repping 275 on seated bb shoulder press... probably a 1/2 ROM or so.. a little above parallel. MUCH bigger than me

    i almost asked him if he thought that rom was better for size. clearly hes doing something right. i dunno.
    What sort of partial ROM? Was it the kind where they are bringing it down and jsut rasing up to a little above parallel, or are they going from lockout to just a little above parallel?

    The way that Coke is referring to with partial ROM I've seen others do and it does make sense due to the constant tension on the muscle. If you did do partial ROM to keep constant tension then the love for strength will take a hit as you can't take the "breaks" that we often do during a set.

    They work great though, try constant tension for DB lateral raises, killer!
    Journal http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...us-Consistency

    Consistency is the key to success within this sport...

  20. #995
    A gallon a day, everyday! ThomasG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,713
    How long are you cycling off the Ephedrine?
    My Journal
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    you're an intelligent guy... but you're also half #$%&ing crazy... and that my friend is the formula for a great powerlifter.
    23 Years old
    5'10 198'er
    Squat-565(wraps) 560(Raw)
    Bench:365(raw)
    Deadlift:555(raw)
    Front Squat-465x1 (wraps) 405x2 (raw)
    AtLarge Nutrition Optimize your body and Support WBB

  21. #996
    House Lannister
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,282
    Are you going to tone down the volume and frequency (two-a-days) now? I'd like to see ya on 5x5 again just for kicks. Gives me some goals to shoot for in the long term.

  22. #997
    Soon to be lean... Joe Black's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Cambridge, England
    Posts
    10,936
    I like the fact that you didn't push yourself too hard when you were feeling crappy - thats a smart move and something I think too many people don't do enough of. They just push through it and continue to feel crappy rather than rest up and come at it hard next session.

    Also, I am the same as you. I want to stop so many people in my gym that are simply doing horrendous things. I see these real skinny guys going 20 reps on cable extension curls and then flexing in between sets in the mirror and they are like 140lbs.. They probably don't even know what a squat or deadlift is, but alas we can;t save the whole world.. **** I need to save myself first lol
    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

    AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

    Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

    Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? – My Training Journal

  23. #998
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,580
    Quote Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
    Repping 275...what a beast. I wonder what he could do with a full range of motion though. That would be interesting to find out too. Limited range of motion is pretty hard to judge. I've seen a lot of guys repping 350 on the bench...but with said limited range of motion.
    it is.. i really wanted to ask. as sad as it is, i have never encountered anyone who can beat my shoulder pressing. i should have, i am a little girl.

    Quote Originally Posted by CoCoa View Post
    I've seen lots of huge lifters use the limited range approach over the years, keeps constant tension on the targeted area. You put some fine focus yourself on the delts with that effort man.
    see thats what i was thinking terry. that goes back to the tension vs ROM argument. thanks for the props bro

    Quote Originally Posted by Time+Patience View Post
    What sort of partial ROM? Was it the kind where they are bringing it down and jsut rasing up to a little above parallel, or are they going from lockout to just a little above parallel?

    The way that Coke is referring to with partial ROM I've seen others do and it does make sense due to the constant tension on the muscle. If you did do partial ROM to keep constant tension then the love for strength will take a hit as you can't take the "breaks" that we often do during a set.

    They work great though, try constant tension for DB lateral raises, killer!
    scott, it was bring it from lockout to just above parallel. "letting strength go" is really relative though. you would still measure your gains in terms of strength but it would just be adjusted for the change in ROM. i could probably do 245 for reps like he was... but honestly, i would probably have a hard time unracking it. i did 210x7 going below parallel with a slightly wider grip and it was not easy to unrack at all. he prob had like 50-60lbs on me. big, balanced lifter... but this is a different kind of gym. there are pro bb's and big ass dudes here. i dont know the sport well enough to drop names but.. ya.

    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasG View Post
    How long are you cycling off the Ephedrine?
    im still taking it. i really, really need to taper it off. i have been taking 37.5mg per day since february. i had a brief break around june...

    Quote Originally Posted by chevelle2291 View Post
    Are you going to tone down the volume and frequency (two-a-days) now? I'd like to see ya on 5x5 again just for kicks. Gives me some goals to shoot for in the long term.
    5x5 served its purpose, its really unlikely i will do madcow again. i've been doing the principle of the rep scheme though on my primary lifts. hit a mark for 5 reps... add weight. although i am very tempted to see what my bb bench is right now when i am fresh. i'm pretty sure i can hit 315 rest paused with a PL setup. hooray for a long torso, short arms.

    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Clough View Post
    I like the fact that you didn't push yourself too hard when you were feeling crappy - thats a smart move and something I think too many people don't do enough of. They just push through it and continue to feel crappy rather than rest up and come at it hard next session.

    Also, I am the same as you. I want to stop so many people in my gym that are simply doing horrendous things. I see these real skinny guys going 20 reps on cable extension curls and then flexing in between sets in the mirror and they are like 140lbs.. They probably don't even know what a squat or deadlift is, but alas we can;t save the whole world.. **** I need to save myself first lol
    thanks daniel.

    -------------------------

    took off of work today.. asked for the day off last minute. i am so mentally and physically burnt out from stress i really needed a breather, which they gave to me thankfully. its almost quasi depression... i dont even want to lift today, but obviously i will. im going to goto my new gym and squat i think. my lower back is still a little sore from deads this week which were awesome... so i might need to keep the weight a little lower and rep or something. squats inc

  24. #999
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,580
    squats deep

    barx5
    95x5
    135x5
    185x5
    225x5
    275x5
    315x5
    345x6 5 very good, 6 had some forward lean
    335x4
    315x5
    275x10

    db lunges
    30sx5
    45sx5
    60sx5
    75sx5
    90sx5
    105sx8
    90sx9

    leg ext
    180x20
    180x20 5-10s rest here and there
    160x20 same
    160x20 same

    vert calf ss with leg ext
    6ppsx15 / 150x20 5-10s rest here and there
    6ppsx15 / 150x20 5-10s rest here and there
    6ppsx15 / 150x15ish dont remember, doesnt matter
    6ppsx15 / 150x15ish same
    6ppsx15 / 150x15ish same

    DB CURLS
    35sx12
    35sx12
    40sx12
    40sx10
    40sx10
    slow

    done

  25. #1000
    Moderator Off Road's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    13,887
    So much for keeping it light - Haha
    Glad you got the day off to just reset the brain. Sometimes that's all you need, a little breather. Hope it helps.
    _________
    ______
    ___

    Off Road Journal

    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

    AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Similar Threads

  1. lifting journal
    By twm in forum Member Online Journals
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 04-04-2009, 07:56 AM
  2. What do you do with your lifting journal?
    By LoneJeeper in forum General Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-26-2005, 03:43 PM
  3. Lifting Journal
    By waterbuckat in forum Member Online Journals
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-14-2002, 10:46 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •