The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 51 of 80 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 1996
    Banned
    ty terry! sadly... not as much as youd think. delts are bigger but look the same to me. i am pretty tall so my chest/shoulders/back just isnt very big relatively speaking. i mean you put me next to a guy who doesnt lift and ill be literally twice his width but i dunno.. just seems like id have such bigger delts considering the weights i use. i find it odd. i hope that doesnt sound egotistical, its just confusing on a personal level.. hopefully that makes some sense.

rory, thats correct. back shot is hard to do right atm.. my left bi is jacked up and i cant flex properly...... but i snapped a bunch.. they all came out blurry but i gotta get moving this AM. ill take some good ones tomorrow since for once i am not working the weekend and post up

thanks ryan.

--------------

30m fasted elliptical
    Last edited by f=ma; 12-17-2010 at 04:08 AM.

Banned
    legs inc!

A gallon a day, everyday! ThomasG's Avatar
    I think I've asked this before but I forget. Do you ever plan on competing or tinker with the idea?
    My Journal
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    you're an intelligent guy... but you're also half #$%&ing crazy... and that my friend is the formula for a great powerlifter.
    23 Years old
    5'10 198'er
    Squat-565(wraps) 560(Raw)
    Bench:365(raw)
    Deadlift:555(raw)
    Front Squat-465x1 (wraps) 405x2 (raw)
    AtLarge Nutrition Optimize your body and Support WBB

Banned
    i do but since im so tall.. like jay-dub... i doubt i could ever be competitive outside of heavyweight. 6'1

terrible leg session. low sleep, low energy.. it was dumb i should have just waited until tomorrow. hip sucks too

squats
    95x10
    135x10
    185x10
    225x5
    275x5
    325x7
    315x6
    315x6
    275x8
    225x12

db lunges per leg
    30sx10
    45sx10
    60sx10
    80sx10
    100sx8
    100sx6
    90sx10

leg ext ss with calf press
    240x12 / 5ppsx12
    240x12 / 5ppsx12
    240x12 / 5ppsx12
    240x10 / 5ppsx12
    240x10 / 5ppsx12

done.. no extra cardio... need to rest and ice hip

A gallon a day, everyday! ThomasG's Avatar
    How tall are you?

O dur 6'1. That's not too tall, imo. Buuuut then again bodybuilding is so fuking competitive these days and so many guys are willing to risk it all. Here's some food for thought.

From another forum....

it seems that if an individual is serious about being a bodybuilder then theres no secret to it...you cant come off the hormones..well atleast the test. I just get so tired of hearing people i personally know say theyre gonna blast for say 10 weeks then cruise for 8-10 weeks on a replacement dose. Theyre kidding themselves if they think they are going to keep moving forward. When people do this IMO all theyre doing is taking two steps forward and two steps back. All theyre doing is going back anf forth from point A and B constantly by doing this. i hear people i know bitch about how theyre losing size even though theyre cruising...well yea dickhead you dropped it to a replacement dose your gonna shrink...then when they add the hormones back in they just get to the point where they once were before..then dial it down for a cruise again and think adding in drugs A through Z during the blast is gonna be the "ultimate cycle" and is gonna have to be the answer to get bigger permanantly. The way I see it you have to stay on, cut your cruising time down drastically, or up your cruising dose. Then i get the.."thats ****ing crazy man..you know how unhealthy that is" look....well with all do respect to the pros and competitors on this forum..who the **** do you think your fooling to think the necessities one would have to take to become a big time bodybuilder would be healthy. I am not trying to offend anyone here one bit so please dont take it that way. I know its not the healthiest approach this site usually goes about things but just thought I would throw my opinion out there.
    Last edited by ThomasG; 12-17-2010 at 07:13 PM.
    My Journal
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    you're an intelligent guy... but you're also half #$%&ing crazy... and that my friend is the formula for a great powerlifter.
    23 Years old
    5'10 198'er
    Squat-565(wraps) 560(Raw)
    Bench:365(raw)
    Deadlift:555(raw)
    Front Squat-465x1 (wraps) 405x2 (raw)
    AtLarge Nutrition Optimize your body and Support WBB

House Lannister
    I gotta say I'm a little confused by the cycle talk Tim. I thought I remember hearing you say that you didnt want to be *that* big. What changed? Will you be detailing your use in the journal?

Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    next time i bulk i will probably be cycling tbh.
    When you say cycling here I'm thinking of cycling carbs since we were just talking about diet? Maybe I'm wrong. Not a fan of the AAS unless you're trying to seriously compete. If you can justify it then go ahead (again what kind of cycling are we talking about?)

Rory's right, it's about time for some progress pictures. I think about once a month they are due.
    Journal http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...us-Consistency

Consistency is the key to success within this sport...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasG View Post
    How tall are you?

O dur 6'1. That's not too tall, imo. Buuuut then again bodybuilding is so fuking competitive these days and so many guys are willing to risk it all. Here's some food for thought.

From another forum....
    thank you for posting that, it is good to think about
    Quote Originally Posted by chevelle2291 View Post
    I gotta say I'm a little confused by the cycle talk Tim. I thought I remember hearing you say that you didnt want to be *that* big. What changed? Will you be detailing your use in the journal?
    well.. you get bigger and its never enough. but no, there will be no details beyond these very few posts alluding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Time+Patience View Post
    When you say cycling here I'm thinking of cycling carbs since we were just talking about diet? Maybe I'm wrong. Not a fan of the AAS unless you're trying to seriously compete. If you can justify it then go ahead (again what kind of cycling are we talking about?)

Rory's right, it's about time for some progress pictures. I think about once a month they are due.
    aas for personal. fan or not, i dont see the point of not taking advantage of it at this point.

anything further about this can and should be taken to PM.
    Last edited by f=ma; 12-18-2010 at 06:45 AM.

Banned

Looking good mate!
    http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...?136143-Hct-12

A Westside journal.

'There are no layby's on the road to strength'

'The greatest pleasure in life is achieving things people said you could not achieve'

'He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man'

what the hell do your thighs measure
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

House Lannister
    Jesus Tim you've made massive improvements from the summer. You definitely do not have Madcow arm syndrome anymore.

Compete.

Banned
    thank you kiff.

rory, they are 25 1/4" exactly on both

thanks ryan. maybe! i need to heal up before i even consider that... my leg training is really suffering atm

Very impressive physique, Legs are insane man! I know your 6'1 but what is your weight in that pic?

thank you kiff.

thanks ryan. maybe! i need to heal up before i even consider that... my leg training is really suffering atm
    Wow... That suprises me, I had them pegged at 26 3/4.

What are the arms? They've obviously grown tons too. 16 1/2?
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

Banned
    arms are 16" ... sucks too i havent been able to train em in weeks since my bicep started acting up

as far as legs...... it depends where you measure. i have always measured mid thigh where middle vert piece in my quad starts to stick out. if you go to the thickest part of my quad closer to my glute but below my groin, its 26 1/2" both legs. where am i supposed to be measuring? whats the standard?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ELmx479 View Post
    Very impressive physique, Legs are insane man! I know your 6'1 but what is your weight in that pic?
    197lbs, elmx. thanks! just slaving away.

197lbs, elmx. thanks! just slaving away.
    Imagine that, I weighed in at 197 today also but I'm 5'11. Wow, I am seriously weak for my size.

as far as legs...... it depends where you measure. i have always measured mid thigh where middle vert piece in my quad starts to stick out. if you go to the thickest part of my quad closer to my glute but below my groin, its 26 1/2" both legs. where am i supposed to be measuring? whats the standard?
    You're noble to measure mid thigh, but the most recent measurement is standard and accurate - I knew something was off. Excellence in that shot Tim, you've earned it!!

thank you kiff.

they look a helluva lot bigger than 25 1/4.

definitely a strong point.
    me: so this is the "pump" you speak of
    me: I could never figure out what people were talking about
    Relentless: like an all over body hardon, yeah

Food log

The Focused Chronicles

Banned
    thanks terry, good call.

focused, i guess youre supposed to measure like cocoa said. 25.25" is mid thigh.. at its thickest, its 26.5"

I measure right around mid-thigh also. I think a lot of people try to measure where their leg is the biggest just so they can have a larger measuremnt. I think you should measure mid-thigh.

You and I are right on the same boat, leg's are about the same and arms are smaller relatively speaking for our BW.

I would have figured you were at 26" mid-thigh. I'd love to get some 17" arms next year, it really wouldn't look much different though, but at least it would show they are growing.

Are your arms a stubborn bodypart for you also? I know you were increasing the volume drastically to make some improvements before the bicep strain.
    Journal http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...us-Consistency

Consistency is the key to success within this sport...

Banned
    scott, everything on my torso seems to be stubborn i did add a great deal of arm volume.... but i really messed up my left bicep somehow. maybe its early stages of tendonitis. i havent done any direct/indirect arm work other than deads in weeks. actually, not true. i tried to do some pull downs last week and stopped on the 4th rep at a light weight.

except abs. i have genetically freaky abs.. there is a 5th row tucked in there under my belly fat.

---------

45m elliptical on onyl 11g bcaa/caffeine

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by chevelle2291 View Post
    You definitely do not have Madcow arm syndrome anymore.
    That was funny.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!