Page 63 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 1996

Thread: lifting journal pt. 2

Macros/cals currently at?
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

Banned
    not sure exactly.. i have just been weighing quantities and not really counting cals yet. dietary fat is tapering down a lot.. as of 3 weeks ago it was something like this:

m1: 80g oatmeal, 1 banana, 45g whey
    m2: 18 egg whites, 1 yolk, 5g fish oil
    m3-5: 2lbs trimmed chicken breast, 6oz ww pasta
    m6: 12oz seasalt roasted almonds, 30g whey
    m6: 1lb 93/7 ground beef, dry, 4oz ww pasta, 10-12oz reduced fat cheese

today and this week...

m1: 40g oatmeal, 1 banana, 30g whey
    m2: 12 eggwhites, 1 yolk, 5g fish oil
    m3-5: 1.5lbs trimmed chicken breast, 3oz ww pasta
    m6: 1lb 93/7 ground beef, dry, 4 oz ww pasta, 10-12oz reduced fat cheese

i was, however, over maintenance before.. e.g., gaining fat. so whatever that works out to be is what it is.. losing the almonds was a huge drop in calories. like 1600 cals/day hah. that will carry me for a while.. next to go half of the cheese. then the other half, then changing from ground beef to chicken.. then.. really i should be done by then.

Yeah holy **** without crunching any numbers that first scenario looks 5500-6000. Fat gains of course but considering you're 196 it couldn't have been much at all. Nice!

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I like the plan that you have to taper down your calories. Just make substitutions or even subtractions of certain foods will automatically drop the calories.

The plan sounds good. Do what you need to with the training to make progress.
    Journal http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...us-Consistency

Consistency is the key to success within this sport...

Banned
    yup. plenty of room to trim the cals

30m stairmaster, w/ 5g whey.

legs inc after that

Banned
    i wonder if i want to start with dextrose again

Dont do it. Carbs equal teh insulin and teh insulin equals teh bodyfats that no deficit can offset!!!1

Banned
    ive just been using bananas... but its hard to be precise with those. dont really need precision yet i guess

smith squats, hip crease parallel
    135x10
    185x10
    225x10
    275x10
    315x5
    340x5
    365x5
    385x5
    410x5 a little higher than parallel
    365x10
    315x10
    275x10
    225x20

calf press ss with db lunge
    6ppsx10, 80sx10
    6ppsx10, 80sx10
    6ppsx10, 80sx10
    6ppsx10, 80sx5 whew

some kind of leg press
    to:
    7ppsx8,7,6 each ss with 6pps calf press

banded bicep work
    static holds with injured arm

bw: 196

Banned
    oh and i just want to add that smith squats are comically easy. the rack gives so much leverage i started laughing during my <=365 burnout sets

House Lannister
    Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    oh and i just want to add that smith squats are comically easy. the rack gives so much leverage i started laughing during my <=365 burnout sets
    I actually find them harder than regular squats. I think that's because my quads were the weak link in my regular squats, so they focus on that weak link instead of allowing me to recruit my low back and hams into the movement.

You have freak quads so that's prolly why they are so easy.

Banned
    youre prob right. smith squatting takes my strange, midget proportions out of the equation and lets me sit back into the lift. its a nice ego boost. not sure how effective it is as a lift.. but nice for the ego, regardless

Banned
    oh and i was out tanning today on the roof pool. its like 81F with a light breeze. perfect. even though i am a hideously fat beast, the bishes are miring. got a # for a 6.5 face, 7 body that i will soon be pummeling. when i am lean, this may be my best summer of conquering yet.
    Last edited by f=ma; 02-20-2011 at 01:09 PM.

Banned
    this is so bush league.

House Lannister
    youre prob right. smith squatting takes my strange, midget proportions out of the equation and lets me sit back into the lift. its a nice ego boost. not sure how effective it is as a lift.. but nice for the ego, regardless
    You sit back in a smith squat? I literally just plop down to focus on my quads.

Picks of 7 bish.

Banned
    you forget i have midget legs relative to my height

Banned
    each chicken i eat becomes a part of me. i wonder how many animals have died for me to be me

each chicken i eat becomes a part of me. i wonder how many animals have died for me to be me
    chickens are pretty dosile. i eat shark because it builds more fierce looking muscles i read it on bb.com

BTW that was a huge leg day today. badass volume and effort up there

I have never tried heavy squats in the smith machine. Those look good. Where are you? Florida?
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Banned
    thank you rory, thank you connor. correct, I am in florida. I live in west palm beach.

Banned
    30m stairmaster, fasted

i like how phil hernon simply asserts that he is right re: fasted cardio in that link you posted connor. seems to be quite a bit of information supporting both ends of the spectrum. i dont see how working against depleted glycogen levels could be anything but a benefit to burning fat

Banned
    holy glute doms

Banned
    for reasons probably entirely due to the significantly higher weight loads from sundays leg session, my right miniscus was bothering me on the first few min of stair milling. switched to elliptical which was fine.

35m in total fasted

Banned
    i think it was the stupid leg press sled. and thus, i have relearned why i dont waste my time with leg press.

30m stairmaster, fasted

i like how phil hernon simply asserts that he is right re: fasted cardio in that link you posted connor. seems to be quite a bit of information supporting both ends of the spectrum. i dont see how working against depleted glycogen levels could be anything but a benefit to burning fat
    Shelby believes in fasted cardio. I trust Shelby more than Phil.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase