Page 69 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,725 of 1996

Thread: lifting journal pt. 2

Banned
    only bad thing i can really think of is that the fiber will fill me up a bit faster and i will carry some extra bloat.. but.. meh. youre right, not ideal

I'll have to look it up on lyles board. To my recollection the ideal refeed starts early on with glucose/dextrose type simple carbs and finishes with starches like white bagels and white pasta.

BRB
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

http://forums.lylemcdonald.com//showthread.php?t=4266

Recap is biggest issue is satiety as you said Tim. Also white is advised over whole grain to keep insulin high and present and keep packing in the glycogen. I only read the first page but the elevated insulin would also contribute to a bigger leptin rise I would imagine.

I'm not sure where I read the notion to start with the sugary simple stuff first (cereal or dextrose base candy) and taper into white starches like pretzels, pasta and potato's but I'm almost positive it was also on Lyle's board (which is pretty much the cream of the crop diet advice IMO).
    Last edited by Behemoth; 03-05-2011 at 07:45 PM.

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

The diet modifications you've been making are spot on. They sound perfect and timed very well.

I think you already looked more improved in the recent pictures compared to the ones prior. Back actually looks pretty wide from the back. You look rather lean from the front shots.
    Journal http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...us-Consistency

Consistency is the key to success within this sport...

Banned
    thanks scott, i think so too. there are some weird effects im feeling this morning.. more below

thanks very much rory, i was searching but did not find that initially.

i didnt consume everything i bought. the hash brown stovetop experiment did not go well.. they stuck to the pan badly and i burned the **** out of them.. i ate what was edible and tossed the rest. only ate 3 bagels with some of that jelly and the package of ff fig newtons. i popped my caffeine but for whatever reason, i have really bad shakes right now. i think maybe as a whole my dietary fat is too low. i think i need to really examine the details at this point and see where things are

with that in mind, i'm going change the workout order: eat a full oatmeal, egg white w/ 2 yolks, whey/dextrose breakfast.. give it 30-45.. then go pound out my leg session followed by some bcaas and stairmaster. if i cardio now like this fasted, i'm going to fall apart in like 2-3 hours

Hope the drain passes soon mate, looks like you guys are on the right track to sort it good work.
    http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...?136143-Hct-12

A Westside journal.

'There are no layby's on the road to strength'

'The greatest pleasure in life is achieving things people said you could not achieve'

'He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man'

Banned
    thanks kiff. i feel better. um. need to cut back on volume.. prob down to 1 work set per exercise.

smith squats to
    385x2, fail on 3
    315x8
    275x8
    225x10

db lunges
    100sx6 per leg
    100sx5 per leg

single leg calf press ss leg ext
    2.5ppsx8 / 240x10x3

30m stairmaster

oof. today is bush league. its overcast again.. probably going to rain

LuNa
    Quote Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
    http://forums.lylemcdonald.com//showthread.php?t=4266

Recap is biggest issue is satiety as you said Tim. Also white is advised over whole grain to keep insulin high and present and keep packing in the glycogen. I only read the first page but the elevated insulin would also contribute to a bigger leptin rise I would imagine.

I'm not sure where I read the notion to start with the sugary simple stuff first (cereal or dextrose base candy) and taper into white starches like pretzels, pasta and potato's but I'm almost positive it was also on Lyle's board (which is pretty much the cream of the crop diet advice IMO).
    I think he mentions it as well in the UD2.0 book.

Refeed sounded nice Tim, hope you get energy levels up. Hows the bicep feeling?

Banned
    it was ok. it was far far less than i anticipated.. bicep is definitely improving. im going sets of 30 with aerobic bands, 2s up, 3s down

forgot the best part... bw was 198 today per gym scale, 195.4 home scale. so my assessment of being depleted was accurate. how much of that was water bloat due to ww/fiber is unknown

Banned
    post #4000 is dedicated to the trainer who i adore and have been seeing at the gym regularly again.

Shakes maybe a hypoglycemic spell? You definetly swung your blood sugar around yesterday...

Banned
    it was the worst bout of non-alcohol shakes ive ever had. it was pretty weird. i ate some extra oatmeal with dex and it went away fairly quickly.. so it very well may have been

Banned
    wow so my cals were much lower than i thought. one thing i have no idea how to calc is egg whites.

fats were way too low. good thing im not dying

if i cut out all of the reduced fat cheese.... which i think i will.. it will be something like this for those that are interested

m1 30g whey, 30g dex, 5g creatine, 5g ba (why i dont know, its a **** placebo)
    m2 11 egg whites, 1 egg, 40g oatmeal, 5g fish oil
    m3 1lb chicken breast, trimmed, 3 oz ww pasta
    m4 30g whey
    m5 1lb chicken breast, trimmed, 3 oz ww pasta, immaterial amt of vegetables
    m6 38g almonds

344/205/39 normal
    351/246/41 high

i will miss the cheddar. all of that cheddar adds about 700 cals each day.
    Last edited by f=ma; 03-06-2011 at 04:01 PM.

Banned
    i think those cals might even be too low

Banned
    30m stairmaster
    bw 191.8

rotator
    bicep rehab w/ green band. right bicep actually feels great... left is still just ok. i feel it now and then its def not ready for weights
    Last edited by f=ma; 03-07-2011 at 04:17 AM.

Banned
    i seriously dont get how people gain strength on cuts. once i dip below 12-13%, it just plummets... lean mass seems stable... but forget about maintaining much less gaining strength. unless of course youre thomasg and then you'll total 1500 at 8%!

House Lannister
    Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    i seriously dont get how people gain strength on cuts. once i dip below 12-13%, it just plummets... lean mass seems stable... but forget about maintaining much less gaining strength. unless of course youre thomasg and then you'll total 1500 at 8%!
    ]
    lmao at the ThomasG envy.

He's probably front squatting 550 lbs raw right now while cutting, or eating 400g of almonds and miring his abz.

Banned
    exactly

A gallon a day, everyday! ThomasG's Avatar
    Oh you guys! I'm a mere mortal just have dat der metabolism.
    My Journal
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    you're an intelligent guy... but you're also half #$%&ing crazy... and that my friend is the formula for a great powerlifter.
    23 Years old
    5'10 198'er
    Squat-565(wraps) 560(Raw)
    Bench:365(raw)
    Deadlift:555(raw)
    Front Squat-465x1 (wraps) 405x2 (raw)
    AtLarge Nutrition Optimize your body and Support WBB

My Journal
    you're an intelligent guy... but you're also half #$%&ing crazy... and that my friend is the formula for a great powerlifter.
    23 Years old
    5'10 198'er

What do you mean you don't know how to calculate egg whites? Your weigh or measure them or am I missing something here lol? I put mine in a measuring cup.
    My Journal
    23 Years old
    5'10 198'er

Banned
    pic is broken

i mean i dont know the cal breakdown of an egg white by itself. i'm just going to assume 3g protein per egg white, 0f, 0c

Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    pic is broken

i mean i dont know the cal breakdown of an egg white by itself. i'm just going to assume 3g protein per egg white, 0f, 0c
    Weigh it.

If your taking out the yolks then each egg white is probably a lil different but really close to each other so you could round up or down. I don't haven an answer because I use egg beaters and mix them in with yolks.
    My Journal
    23 Years old
    5'10 198'er

My Journal
    23 Years old
    5'10 198'er

Banned
    Yeah I used that same fit day calc. Ephedrine hcl vs sulfate. Is hcl that much better?