Page 7 of 80 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: lifting journal pt. 2

Too bad we don't have that type of calf machine at our place, i'd be making full use of it.

Lunges are no joke, especially with the amount of weight you are using...see hardly anyone doing that movement these days, another reason why your quads are superior.

Banned
    thanks terry. doing my absolute best every time

so i finally bought and received championship bodybuilding at rorys rec. what a great book. easy to read, info is explained well.. nice looking, hardcover etc

Banned
    am bw 173.2
    dietary notes:

while yesterday was supposed to be a high day, i postponed to see where i would be in terms of bw today. as i am about where expected, i am going to do that high day on sunday and on friday going forward. i did cheat a bit yesterday adding a little extra food to dinner

14g ff cheese
    24g mixed veggins
    1oz ww pasta

net extra is probably only like 200 cals but noteworthy anyway

Some great work man, as usual.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Banned
    thanks mark

300cal stairmaster.. roughly 25minutes

Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    i did cheat a bit yesterday adding a little extra food to dinner

14g ff cheese
    24g mixed veggins
    1oz ww pasta

net extra is probably only like 200 cals but noteworthy anyway
    You Fatty!! 200 extra calories on WW pasta, veggies, and FF Cheese.

I love your idea of "cheating". It shows how much you sticking with the program. Those Pullups are killer, I've been trying to do something like that. I can bang out a lot of them on the first 2 sets then my endurance just falls off!
    Journal http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...us-Consistency

Consistency is the key to success within this sport...

That's how I need my cheat days to look, lol. Awesome work F.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Banned
    thanks guys

heres one for the diet experts

over the past 22 days, i have gone from baseline 2175 cals/day and 400 cals of cardio to where im at now at 2730/day and 180 cals of cardio.... and i am down 2.2lbs since may 29th. my metablism must be roaring here. i feel like I am STARVING right now too.. and i just had 150g of oatmeal and 20g dextrose w/10g of some dried pineapple lol

as far as training goes.. im going to make a tough call. tentatively speaking, weekend cardio is done as of today.. im skipping my session scheduled for this morning. this was the goal from the beginning (to eliminate all but 100cal of post lifting cardio) but it seems clear that i do not need it for dietary control anymore..... of course tomorrow, i will probably wake up at like 178lbs and cry.

bw 172.8
    no more weekend cardio!
    Last edited by f=ma; 06-20-2010 at 04:39 AM.

Banned
    last update for today. a few weeks ago, i threw up measurements done with a utility tape measure.. they were wildly inaccurate and deceptive. i have a real contractable, locking cloth athletic myotape now and here are my measurements for

general
    glute 37.5" not sure if this is the right way to measure this
    waist at belly button: 33"
    waist at navel: 32"
    shoulders:48 3/8"

left
    arm 15"
    forearm 12 3/4"
    calf 15 1/4"
    quad 23 3/4" mid thigh

right
    arm 15"
    forearm 12 1/2"
    calf 15"
    quad 23 5/8"

i'm pretty much where i want to be diet-wise except im still taking 12.5mg of ephedrine in the AM.. but that will be tapered even more and cut off within another week. i'm really surprised my weight hasnt moved yet considering the upping of cals... which is actually pretty awesome because i love eating. still, i'd rather be eating fat than carbs.. but ill take it. i snapped a pic this morning to go with the measurements.. couldnt get the lighting right and i look soft, especially in the quad/abdomen. next posted pics will be at 180 and MUCH stronger i hope. gonna take a weekly pic in this pose for a time lapse animation

Last edited by f=ma; 06-20-2010 at 07:48 AM.

I'd hate to play against you in kickball
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

Banned
    hoho thanks rory, glad youre still hanging around. in unrelated news, i bought new tires for my truck. theyre pretty swoot.. nitto terra grapplers... 285/55/20s. i'm so overdue for new tires. i have 2 slow leaks in both of my front tires that have been patched multiple times.

it will look something like this.. except my avalanche is blue and the newer body style w/ diff wheels.

Damn, I just had to get new tires for mine too. My spare was brand new so I bought 3 and put one of the old ones under... still a $675 expense I didn't need. I got goodyear wrangler 275/60/20s bc I needed them NOW and it was all they had stocked but ntgrappers sweet, wish I coulda got a set o them
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

Banned
    yup im excited. i got em through an internet bulk guy. it worked out to 273/tire shipped.. still gotta get installed and TPMS setup and all that.. which will probably be another 100ish.. sigh.

Bet you be totally rocking your Avalanche truck just as you do with the physique, stepping into a new zone judging by that shot.

Sweet deal man, tires suck, I had to get one patched not too long ago. I'm hoping to get an excursion, well we're working on getting it right now, should know for sure by the end of July.
    Shot looks great, really amazing detail on the quads. Everything looks phenomenal man, really.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

House Lannister
    Still lookin' lean and arms look jacked. Never understood the whole truck thing tho. I get the off-road/muddin' scene, but I'd much rather have a fast, performance car than a truck. That's just me though. All about speed haha. Not when it comes to cleavage tho....definitely comfort then.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CoCoa View Post
    Bet you be totally rocking your Avalanche truck just as you do with the physique, stepping into a new zone judging by that shot.
    you are right on the money
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark! View Post
    Sweet deal man, tires suck, I had to get one patched not too long ago. I'm hoping to get an excursion, well we're working on getting it right now, should know for sure by the end of July.
    Shot looks great, really amazing detail on the quads. Everything looks phenomenal man, really.
    thanks very much mark. i like excursions... as far as full size, you know my preference haha
    Quote Originally Posted by chevelle2291 View Post
    Still lookin' lean and arms look jacked. Never understood the whole truck thing tho. I get the off-road/muddin' scene, but I'd much rather have a fast, performance car than a truck. That's just me though. All about speed haha. Not when it comes to cleavage tho....definitely comfort then.
    thanks man. i like speed too... but i would never waste my money on something that i wasnt very fond of.. and i'm not fond of anything beylow $65-70k in that department :P the truth of the matter is that its also the man not the car in a lot of cases. there are the gold digging skanks (love the skanks) that will jump for a nice a car... but meh. we've discussed this.. but ideally id like to get a brand new M3.. i cant think of any other performance car i'd want atm in that price range... maybe a used aston martin DB7 or a used SL55? either way, i own my truck outright and its very nice to have no obligation and no pmt. i hardly even drive unless its to/fr work.. i ride my bike everywhere downtown.. it takes less time to ride my bike than to get out of the garage and find a spot lol.. anyways tho...................

--------------------------

bw 172.6

i think i may have the pleasure of bumping cals another 150 this upcoming sat. that will put me at maintanence at about 2900/3300.. which is pretty amazing imo. chest/back inc. bb rows are subbed for db rows going forward.
    Last edited by f=ma; 06-21-2010 at 02:51 AM.

Banned
    am weight 172.6

w/u with bands
    arm circles etc

bb bench
    125x5
    145x5
    170x5
    195x5
    225x5
    225x5
    i doubt im gonna get more than another 2 weeks out of this... gonna have to drop back soon. 5th reps were grinders with leg drive

bb row
    135x10
    155x10
    155x10
    155x10
    kept it moderately light.. i know this will make me sore since its been so long and i want to be moderately fresh for deads tomorrow

db incline bench
    70sx10
    70sx10
    70sx10
    70sx10/9

db curls
    30sx5
    40sx5
    50sx10
    50sx10/9

100 cal stairmaster 85s/m

done. db inclines were making my shoulder a little irritated. im gonna add some facepulls to my warmup i think.... maybe my rear delt has been neglected.. i always thought rowing would indirectly keep them up to par with front delts... hm.

225 x 5 looks good man. How's the shoulder feeling now? Is it hurting just under stress of is it an all time pressure/pain?
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Banned
    No pain at all actually... just a little impingement feeling under stress of Inc dbs. For some reason

A gallon a day, everyday! ThomasG's Avatar
    Quads are sick! Nice inclines as well.
    My Journal
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    you're an intelligent guy... but you're also half #$%&ing crazy... and that my friend is the formula for a great powerlifter.
    23 Years old
    5'10 198'er
    Squat-565(wraps) 560(Raw)
    Bench:365(raw)
    Deadlift:555(raw)
    Front Squat-465x1 (wraps) 405x2 (raw)
    AtLarge Nutrition Optimize your body and Support WBB

Good stuff there, keeping this plan intact.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark! View Post
    225 x 5 looks good man. How's the shoulder feeling now? Is it hurting just under stress of is it an all time pressure/pain?
    I take It back... its irritated pretty nicely. May setup a reformulated routine for 2-3 weeks around sq/de to stay off it... sigh!

Banned
    Keep us informed on what you decide to do. Hope i hlped somewhat with figuring out what to do for your DL...

House Lannister
    Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    you are right on the money

thanks very much mark. i like excursions... as far as full size, you know my preference haha

thanks man. i like speed too... but i would never waste my money on something that i wasnt very fond of.. and i'm not fond of anything beylow $65-70k in that department :P the truth of the matter is that its also the man not the car in a lot of cases. there are the gold digging skanks (love the skanks) that will jump for a nice a car... but meh. we've discussed this.. but ideally id like to get a brand new M3.. i cant think of any other performance car i'd want atm in that price range... maybe a used aston martin DB7 or a used SL55? either way, i own my truck outright and its very nice to have no obligation and no pmt. i hardly even drive unless its to/fr work.. i ride my bike everywhere downtown.. it takes less time to ride my bike than to get out of the garage and find a spot lol.. anyways tho...................

I hear ya on the lack of appeal under 70k. I love fast cars, but some are just too damn flashy and make you look like a douche bag. I know a couple of guys with Evos, STIs, etc., and they look like complete f-bags driving around town. Prolly cuz they are... .

In other news, I saw a Ferrari F430 Scuderia last night on the highway, got some crappy (hq, just not close enough) footage of it too. Really, really sick car. Talk about money...