The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 75 of 80 FirstFirst ... 25657374757677 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,875 of 1996
    Banned
    rest assured, if i wanted it to be up, it would be

House Lannister
    Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    rest assured, if i wanted it to be up, it would be
    lol you're so critical of yourself. I'm sure u were ripped up in it.

ryan, it rings a bell but i dunno.
    terry, thanks man you are too kind. no need to humor me!! my upper body is pitiful compared to legs.

my 1,3-D arrive.. lets just say my consumer confidence in this product is not very high right now.

Hey, yeah that 1,3-D stuff is out of control... it should give you stupid focus and give you the tingles on the back of your neck. It's the main ingredient in Jack3d and other really potent products like DiNox. I've a friend in R&D for the supplement company Controlled Labs, and he told me that if you want to take that stuff, I'd stock up on it now, because it's coming off the market sometime in the near future. Supposedly Jack3d and every other pre-workout supp that has it has to reformulate their blends, and I know a lot of companies are already phasing out their 1,3 products.

That means if you're planning on competing in a natty BB comp, you're clear to take it until it gets thrown on the ban list, in which case you'd have to pass the poly that says you haven't taken any since such and such date. BUT... if you aren't competing... then I'd just buy a shizz ton of it and enjoy!

Banned
    hey sup man. i think youre right about it getting pulled. i bought 20g of it lol.. at 25mg per usage, that will last me a while! although i cant imagine, even if i used 100mg per day on every workout day.. that would last me 200 workouts. i cant imagine it would be anything like that.

so i am contemplating taking 2 weeks off of everything and doing a deload. i dont know if this would be smart while dieting. instinct tells me its dumb. some tendinitis is starting to flare up in the flexor just above my ankle on the front side of my right calf. this is definitely just from intense repetition on the stair master.

good news is... left bicep is feeling better.... i almost want to say it feels good. after my underhand rows early last week, the muscle was very sore but there was no pain or loss of movement! it recovered very well, this is very exciting. it has been almost 4 months. right bicep is 100%, i can curl 50sx10 without a problem. the true test will be if and when i can start doing overhand chins, rows. lesson learned -- over/under is risky when doing a shitton of arm volume

</dear diary>
    Last edited by f=ma; 03-20-2011 at 05:40 PM.

Banned
    in other news, google knows WAY TOO MUCH ABOUT ME. its ridiculous, their targeted ads are very personal and have coined in on certain key words in gmail messages i have sent and received. sketchy. i want to opt out of this shit

I bought some dmaa a few days ago, waiting on it to get here, hopefully will have good experience with it. I did some research today and came across some drug website, actual drug, like cocaine and shit, and found a thread about popping dmaa pills, thought it was funny. apparently one guy took 150mg of the stuff, and ended up vomitting blood and foam for hours, dizzy, heart pounding...sounded like an all around great experience. I'm definitely going to ramp this up to 25mg and cut it off there, if even that much.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

hey sup man. i think youre right about it getting pulled. i bought 20g of it lol.. at 25mg per usage, that will last me a while! although i cant imagine, even if i used 100mg per day on every workout day.. that would last me 200 workouts. i cant imagine it would be anything like that.

so i am contemplating taking 2 weeks off of everything and doing a deload. i dont know if this would be smart while dieting. instinct tells me its dumb. some tendinitis is starting to flare up in the flexor just above my ankle on the front side of my right calf. this is definitely just from intense repetition on the stair master.
    </dear diary>
    I wouldn't ever go over 40mg in a workout. I think the recommended is like 20-25mg, and if you wanted to dose a little higher I'd do it with extreme caution... ESPECIALLY when you're dieting. Two of my trainer co-workers have taken 1,3-D on an emptier stomach and have gotten straight sick from it and had to take the day off of work.

IMO, you're already fighting to hold onto whatever LBM you've got now... I would try to avoid deloading. When was the last time you deloaded? I would maybe consider bringing the intensity of the training sessions down a bit in attempts to just avoid injury while preserving muscle during the cut as opposed to training hard to the point where you think you might need a deloading week.

Glad to hear bi's feeling better. Injuries = suck.

Banned
    indeed, its hard to call it.

35m stairmaster
    bw 184.6

i look great.. i really could easily stop dieting here. if i could allow myself to not be so hypercritical.

Banned
    so maybe there was a whoosh today. i am pretty pleased with my overall appearance. trouble spots are the same... lower obliques, lower, outside chest area just outside of my armpit, hams/glutes. 2 more weeks. going on 1/2lb less chicken per day

Sounds like things are on the right track mate, keep at it.
    http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...?136143-Hct-12

A Westside journal.

'There are no layby's on the road to strength'

'The greatest pleasure in life is achieving things people said you could not achieve'

'He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man'

Banned
    stretching #1: http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=9527
    stretching #2: http://powerbuilding.pl/wp-content/u...tretches66.jpg
    stretching #3: http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=6997 (shoulder)

rep speed: http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=17798

cruise: http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=17810

warmup/rep range: http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=17583
    rep speed/tempo: http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=17617

diet adds: http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=14113 (??? rsch)

ex list
    chest: inc smith, flat smith
    quad: smith squat, front squat
    ham: db lunge, sldl
    shoulders: smith press, lat raise
    back width: underhand pulldown, underhand bb row, cable row
    back depth: dead, rack dead

A: chest, shoulders, triceps, back width, back depth
    B: biceps, forearms, calves, hams, quads

- 35m off-day AM fasted (tentative)
    - carb cut-off 6pm (??? rsch)

https://www.precisionnutrition.com/members/index.php

Banned
    35m stairmaster
    bw 185.8

i have not been on point with cals mon & tues. i havent binged, but just over where i s/b but slightly under maint. scotts rapid leanness has inspired me to kick it up a few notches.

ex list
    chest: inc smith, flat smith
    quad: smith squat, front squat
    ham: db lunge, sldl
    shoulders: smith press, lat raise
    back width: underhand pulldown, underhand bb row, cable row
    back depth: dead, rack dead

A: chest, shoulders, triceps, back width, back depth
    B: biceps, forearms, calves, hams, quads

- 35m off-day AM fasted (tentative)
    - carb cut-off 6pm (??? rsch)
    That looks like a solid set up. Is there a reason why you don't have a 3rd exercise listed for certain bodyparts? I don't see why it would be a big issue to only rotate 2 lifts, but that would allow you to stall on certain lifts a bit sooner. It's set up so you go through 3 different exercises over a 2 week period and then repeat.

I think the cardio is definitely ideal, especially if you are eatting the excessive calories that are recommended. I made great progress when I upped my calories, but I wasn't doing my cardio which I won't let happen again next time around.

I think you'll like it Tim.
    Journal http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...us-Consistency

Consistency is the key to success within this sport...

35m stairmaster
    bw 185.8

i have not been on point with cals mon & tues. i havent binged, but just over where i s/b but slightly under maint. scotts rapid leanness has inspired me to kick it up a few notches.
    The BW looks to be at a very solid #. A few more weeks and you should be able to maintain for the summer while looking sexy.

BTW my lack of leanness inspired me to kick it up a notch as well. I had to get honest with myself and realize I wasn't doing what I needed to do over the weeks prior to last weeks diet and improvements.
    Last edited by Time+Patience; 03-22-2011 at 09:54 AM.

Banned
    yeah. my diet setup is perfect, i simply have just added more food than i have scheduled. not binging, just above the deficit i wanted to create. what can i say.

regardless, i am very excited to start DC. when i hit that BF level, i am going to coast for a few weeks.. taper down the cardio.. continue the DC stretching (particularly high hopes for that shoulder stretch & bicep stretch they talk about) and start when i am 100%. i really like the principles behind the high intensity/low volume....

Banned
    am crew

bw 185.2
    back/cardio inc

somehow, i am still making diet progress despite my "fukkkkk it" attitude towards calorie targets this week. wish my left bicep well

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Time+Patience View Post
    That looks like a solid set up. Is there a reason why you don't have a 3rd exercise listed for certain bodyparts? I don't see why it would be a big issue to only rotate 2 lifts, but that would allow you to stall on certain lifts a bit sooner. It's set up so you go through 3 different exercises over a 2 week period and then repeat.

I think the cardio is definitely ideal, especially if you are eatting the excessive calories that are recommended. I made great progress when I upped my calories, but I wasn't doing my cardio which I won't let happen again next time around.

I think you'll like it Tim.
    i dont have a third exercise because i couldnt think of one that would serve the intended prupose. i dont plan on rotating exercises until i stall with a certain exercise. i dont think i will need more than 2-3 exercises tops. i would be very very surprised if i stall in the same blast on the same exercise.

maybe i misinterpreted... but based on the reading i did, the way it was designed to run is to utilize and progress in the same exercise over the course of a blast phase until you stall for 2 sequential sessions. the first failure to progress can possibly be attributed to an off day. the second failure is the indication to switch exercises.

my list is kind of tentative.. its not final. some of them arent necessarily ideal but i was thinking of the bicep probs i have at the moment in choosing them. if i am 100% at that time, i will be able to forgo that limitation and be far more unrestricted
    Last edited by f=ma; 03-23-2011 at 03:01 AM.

Banned
    db oh press
    90sx5

front raise / lat raise / rear delt fly ss's
    35sx10 / 30sx10 / 145x10 x 4

35m stairmaster

dc stretching for delts/tris/bis. the stretches are very uncomfortable on those areas... this is probably due the fact that i have never worked upper body flexibility.. at all.. other than rotators
    Last edited by f=ma; 03-23-2011 at 05:20 AM.

db oh press
    90sx5

front raise / lat raise / rear delt fly ss's
    35sx10 / 30sx10 / 145x10 x 4

35m stairmaster

dc stretching for delts/tris/bis. the stretches are very uncomfortable on those areas... this is probably due the fact that i have never worked upper body flexibility.. at all.. other than rotators
    90's on OH press, you suck, and that isn't even your max is it?

This isn't Tim? Who took him away; that volume is way down from normal. I'd ease into the stretching, I started off with lighter weights for any weighted stretches. At times, I have also just stretched one side at a time, the shoulder stretches can feel awkward, and the best biceps stretch for me has to be done 1 arm at a time.

Your diet setup is indeed excellent, you know how to dial in and get the results.

Good work on them delts.

House Lannister
    You moving away from higher volume training for a bit Tim?

I'm excited about your DC training. Should be sick to watch your progress.

HUGE dumbbell pressing.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Woahhh 90 pounds in each hand overhead is some serious stuff man, nice work....I'm really interested in seeing how the DC training works for you. Diet looks really solid as well.

Did you give up on the DMAA by the way?
    Last edited by KIBBLES N BITS; 03-23-2011 at 03:47 PM.

Banned
    what a nice surprise look at all these posts

Quote Originally Posted by Time+Patience View Post
    90's on OH press, you suck, and that isn't even your max is it?

This isn't Tim? Who took him away; that volume is way down from normal. I'd ease into the stretching, I started off with lighter weights for any weighted stretches. At times, I have also just stretched one side at a time, the shoulder stretches can feel awkward, and the best biceps stretch for me has to be done 1 arm at a time.
    thanks scott. no its far, far from my max. i did 110sx6 last fall.. but i weighed a LOT more. 215ish
    Quote Originally Posted by CoCoa View Post
    Your diet setup is indeed excellent, you know how to dial in and get the results.

Good work on them delts.
    thanks terry, just grinding through another day
    Quote Originally Posted by chevelle2291 View Post
    You moving away from higher volume training for a bit Tim?

I'm excited about your DC training. Should be sick to watch your progress.
    i'm coasting.. 90sx5 was to failure.. but gotta consider i only weigh 185 atm
    Quote Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
    HUGE dumbbell pressing.
    thanks man
    Quote Originally Posted by KIBBLES N BITS View Post
    Woahhh 90 pounds in each hand overhead is some serious stuff man, nice work....I'm really interested in seeing how the DC training works for you. Diet looks really solid as well.

Did you give up on the DMAA by the way?
    thanks man. i have very high hopes for DC. i have about 1.5-2 months before i get started. yeah.. the DMAA is just sitting there gathering dust. not sure if ill mess with it more. i will probably venture into it once i try to phase down my ephedrine usage.

prob throw up a pic this weekend. looking pretty decent these days

LuNa
    Ill just echo the rest, very nice OH pressing. Diet looks solid too.

Do you have a set weight goal for dieting or do you go by the mirror more as to know when your done dieting