Page 78 of 80 FirstFirst ... 28687677787980 LastLast
Results 1,926 to 1,950 of 1996

Thread: lifting journal pt. 2

Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    cals have been a bit higher for about a week but not a big deal. the good thing about this is that i'm still completely under control rather than binging hard.

if i did.. i have no idea how i would come in below light heavyweight 176-198.. i would get demolished in LHW.. equally so in middleweight as thats where all the enormous 5'6 guys are :P
    It's good to hear that you aren't "killing" yourself with your diet and everything that comes along with it. I recall you stating before that you had these tremendous hunger pangs and feeling like total crap, definitely didn't sound fun. I'm happy you are under control, right after my contest I lost all control, haha. I won't let that happen again this time around though.

I agree that the LHW weightclass sucks given the disparity in weight. You are a bit taller, but you could most likely get very conditioned which can help you more than hurt you.
    Journal http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...us-Consistency

Consistency is the key to success within this sport...

House Lannister
    ryan, do you use a case or something or do you keep it in a pocket??
    I've got a gym band-type sleeve that I sometimes keep it in, but the vast majority of the time I don't have a case on my ipod touch. It's really pretty durable provided one isn't a dumbass. Mine's had chalk all over it, sweat, etc. and still runs pretty damn well. The aluminum/chrome back is scratched up but the screen looks great.

You could always get a shuffle or nano too. Much cheaper. If I was just going to use my ipod for the gym I wouldn't get the touch.

I baby the fuck out of my iPhone tho haha.

House Lannister
    Tim, what about an OCB comp in the tall class?

House Lannister

Banned
    the only fed i'd consider is NPC. i'd want to enter at the top of the 198 class, where i would be steamrolled by the guys who actually know what theyre doing.. but maybe thats ok. there are 3 NPC shows local to me, southern states is the last one.. maybe ill just go this year and then try one of the smaller ones next spring. scott, im not opposed to traveling north a bit either... have to see what the near future holds.

ipodwise, its too late, i bought a touch. its not just gym use.. its also for car/pool/beach. it is nice and the interface is slick, i admit. now i get to look awesomely trendy with the white earbuds and my oliver peoples aviator sunglasses. i was off of work mon/tue & i got an amazing amount of sun yesterday. hooray.

am crew. shoulders/cardio inc

bw 184.0
    Last edited by f=ma; 03-30-2011 at 02:54 AM.

Banned
    btw that chick defintely looks like a man in the face. the first pic is pretty gross actually

ipodwise, its too late, i bought a touch.
    Reading all of this Ipod crap in your journal has jinxed me. Mine came up with an error and erased everything that I had on it. Now there's just a pictuer with the USB connection and I can't get it to hook up to the computer and download songs.

I hope I can get it worked out though. Damn you Tim. Thankfully I found it a while ago, so it's not really a big lose since I paid $0 for it, but I've learned to really like it rather than an MP3 player.

Ya, my kid's ipod nano bit the dust yesterday...JINX
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Banned
    mmph. if my ipod touch dies quickly i will flip out

smith shoulder press
    95x10
    135x10
    185x5
    225x5
    255x5
    felt heavier than usual

db oh press
    25sx10
    40sx10
    60sx10
    75sx10
    90sx4
    good liftoff just nothing in the tank

db lateral raise ss with front raise
    25sx10 / 30sx10
    30sx10 / 35sx10
    30sx10 / 35sx10
    30sx10 / 35sx10

35m stairmaster

Good session. How's the body holding up?
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

You luv killin' the delts T.

House Lannister
    btw that chick defintely looks like a man in the face. the first pic is pretty gross actually
    Yar, she is gross. But that 4chan star with the massive tits later on is bangin.

Quote Originally Posted by Time+Patience View Post
    Reading all of this Ipod crap in your journal has jinxed me. Mine came up with an error and erased everything that I had on it. Now there's just a pictuer with the USB connection and I can't get it to hook up to the computer and download songs.

I hope I can get it worked out though. Damn you Tim. Thankfully I found it a while ago, so it's not really a big lose since I paid $0 for it, but I've learned to really like it rather than an MP3 player.
    Reboot it using the latest iOs from iTunes. You should be able to plug it in still. If you go into iTunes once it's connected you should be able to recover it.

mmph. if my ipod touch dies quickly i will flip out
    db oh press
    25sx10
    40sx10
    60sx10
    75sx10
    90sx4
    good liftoff just nothing in the tank
    Lol, don't you dare bitch about your stellar OH pressing. Hate that lift.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
    Good session. How's the body holding up?
    actually.. its ok. "ok," meaning not good, not bad. in my internet readings, I have discovered something called PRP, or platelet rich plasma therapy. a variety of growth factors are injected locally into the area with soft tissue damage. there seems to be a LOT of success with this... one downside, it is not covered by insurance and is about $750 at the good ortho ive been to before (not the guy who did my MRI, who prescribed my NSAIDs and corticosteroids in error). i am going in this friday. below is a thread about a guy on PM who had PRP done.... he is joined by a lot of other people from other forums with various conditions who have had success... from problems such as achilles tendon, pantella runner injuries, golfer/tennis elbow, rotator.... etc. it has a damn good resume.. and if i can trade $750 for another 4-6 mo of downtime, i will in a second.

http://www.professionalmuscle.com/fo...njections.html

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoa View Post
    You luv killin' the delts T.
    i do it is my favorite
    Quote Originally Posted by chevelle2291 View Post
    Lol, don't you dare bitch about your stellar OH pressing. Hate that lift.
    hah, its down so much. i did the 110sx5. but i weighed about 20lbs more tho. makes a big difference, lemme tell you

House Lannister
    Why do you choose smith OH pressing over regular seated barbell?

Banned
    i feel especially confident in PRP because this is what pro-athletes & olympians are using to aid in recovery. their docs and hospitals are on the bleeding edge of recovery and i think erring on the side of trusting their precedence is a far far safer bet than continuing to carve my own path across mediocrity.

Banned
    Why do you choose smith OH pressing over regular seated barbell?
    my gym doesnt have a seated barbell. i always did standing milis until i tweaked my rotator late last year when started to fall apart.

House Lannister
    i feel especially confident in PRP because this is what pro-athletes & olympians are using to aid in recovery. their docs and hospitals are on the bleeding edge of recovery and i think erring on the side of trusting their precedence is a far far safer bet than continuing to carve my own path across mediocrity.
    Lol, just get it down already. Having a vague idea of what you're earning and with no expenses really outside of your lifting needs I'm wondering why you are hesitating over $750???

my gym doesnt have a seated barbell. i always did standing milis until i tweaked my rotator late last year when started to fall apart.
    I like standing milis, but they strain my lower back like crazy.

Banned
    Lol, just get it down already. Having a vague idea of what you're earning and with no expenses really outside of your lifting needs I'm wondering why you are hesitating over $750???
    I like standing milis, but they strain my lower back like crazy.
    well.. truthfully, there is no hesitation. i just need to evaluate if it has benefit. i certainly dont want to piss away money but i'll gladly make that trade, yknow?

and actually.. i agree completely on standing mili. there are a few times i almost lost balance on heavy sets.. started belting up.. and on one of the second or third sessions after i started belting, i got a huge blood pressure increase at the top of a rep and almost fainted. it was fucking scary.. stopped doing belted oh press work that day. in more recent reflections (as if anyone cares lol), i think i was wearing my belt way too tight.

House Lannister
    well.. truthfully, there is no hesitation. i just need to evaluate if it has benefit. i certainly dont want to piss away money but i'll gladly make that trade, yknow?

and actually.. i agree completely on standing mili. there are a few times i almost lost balance on heavy sets.. started belting up.. and on one of the second or third sessions after i started belting, i got a huge blood pressure increase at the top of a rep and almost fainted. it was fucking scary.. stopped doing belted oh press work that day. in more recent reflections (as if anyone cares lol), i think i was wearing my belt way too tight.
    Yea, I'm debating making a switch to seated at some point here. My lower back can only take so much work.

Man, your pressing strength is brutal at your bw. When do you plan on starting DC?

Banned
    thx elmx. everything is just kind of on hold until my bicep heals up

posterior/cardio inc

Banned
    bw 183.6

When you update answer me this Tim. Do you always like to cap off your cardio at 35 due to hitting a certain length of cardio, a certain # of burned calories, or just because you don't like going for too long due to time restrictions and such?

I usually try to go by the calories burned to an extent. I don't believe it's completely accurate, not sure how accurate it is? I don't think I've done a cardio session beyond 35 minutes. I know Luna just put in 50 minutes!

I've never read studies about cardio and what the ideal range is when it comes to heart rate and fat burning and all of those others factors.

I do like the LISS or MISS longer fasted cardio sessions. I may throw one of this in for tomorrow morning.

Banned
    garbage training today

rack pulls bottom pin
    365x3 hook grip
    385xfucking 0
    315x12
    pull from the bottom pin seriously seems harder than pulling from the floor

static holds
    90sx60s
    90sx20s

35m stairmaster, 15m MISS, 20m 1:30/1:30 intervals

scott, i do it to at least 400 cals.. which is usually right at 35m. its usually MISS but sometimes i do some intervals or mix it up in the same session like today

i really dont understand how people pull so heavy with hook grip. all of the pressure is right on my thumbs and it really hurts. theyre extremely tender right now.. supposedly it gets a while to get used to. we'll see
    Last edited by f=ma; 03-31-2011 at 05:45 AM.

Those pulls are definitely harder than from the floor. Less leg drive.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal