The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig New Member

Skinny new kid has no clue how to bulk

Hello all,
    Height: 6ft 3in
    Weight: 166 lbs
    I'm the typical skinny kid who can eat a vulgar amount of food and never gain any weight

I desperatley want to gain lean muscle mass, or just weight in general. My goal is to weigh 200lbs.(I have no clue what a realistic time frame is to do this in) I have no clue how to begin bulking or how to calculate what i need to eat or do to get to my goal weight. I have read the articles posted about bulking but truthfully i dont understand most of it. I have lifted on and off for the last 4yrs.(at my best i weighed 170lbs and max benched 275 and squat 315) but i want to get serious about gaining weight now. When i used to lift i prided myself on the fact that i looked like i could barely bench close to 185lbs but could step up to the bench and blast out 275lb. Now i'm done with that, i want to look strong along with being it.

Please help me build a routine/diet
    Last edited by chaser; 05-29-2010 at 04:57 PM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

step 1 - get the e-book 5/3/1 by jim wendler
    step 2 - drink a gallon of milk a day.
    Last edited by gmen5681; 05-29-2010 at 08:05 PM.

Wannabebig Member
    i thought the same...... i hate to say it but didn't eat **** when i actually broke it down and your prolly doing the same

and yes drink the gallon of milk a day i do and i've gained tons. im at 4,000+ calories a day compared to my what i thought was a lot of food 1800 calories LOL

and do the new HCT-12 program or the 5,3,1 but in my opinion hct is better
    Last edited by Bonez; 05-30-2010 at 01:02 PM.

This first thing you need to do is track what you actually eat. It's not necessary to make changes until you know where you actually at. Far too often people want to "eat more" without knowing what they consistenty eat. I bold this because anyone can bust ass and stuff their face for a day or two. If you want to be 200lbs you need to gradually gain over many months, and by the sounds of it that gradual gain is going to come by means of massive eating. But before you embark on that record every ounce or gram of everything you put down you throat. Fitday.com is excellent for that and most of us (myself included) track our diets on that. When you see what you're actually taking in you can then adjust from it to get you where you want to be. Or better yet, we can see what you're taking in regularly and advice you how much more and of what to eat when so we can get you to your goals bro.

It's really not that difficult. Right now you just have to stay focused. Just consistently record everything you eat. At first it may seem like a daunting task but after a few days it'll really be like second nature. Check out the WBB routines too, they're great for people in your shoes. And ask away around here bro, there's no shame in trying to learn. Lord knows I'd never have made it anywhere if I didn't question everything when I was starting out.
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54