Hello everyone. This is for the gym / key club owners out there. Besides all the training equipment what must one have on opening day? Cleaning supplies, client database etc.
1. You should have a liability waiver that all members sign.
2. A PayPal account is the easiest way to collect dues. You can setup a monthly subscription for members.
3. You may want video surveillance for a key club.
4. If you're going to be an actual business, then there are different licenses and permits with the city, county, state.
5. Liability insurance (My lease requires I have $1M single incident and $2M total liability.)
Those are the big ones that stand out.
I'm in Finland so there's probably stuff in the States that are not required here. Like that liability waiver, I have never signed one nor have I ever heard of one here. But, video surveillance, some sort of magnetic key card( I'm guessing finger print system for the locks would be expensive). I have already contacted the health officials about their requirements.
It would be a warehouse gym, with strength training equipment + strongman implements, unique in 90 min radius. So I don't know if we'd want/need to have like a lounge area with couches and coffee tables for example. No tv sets that's for sure but a stereo system has to be there. I have a pretty extensive list but I'm sure there's something missing..
Dont forget Professional Libility. general Libility only covers premises and prducts such as trip and falls ect. You have zero coverga ein the event that you give advice and then the person has a heart attach b/c of it. An independent broker canhelp you out.
The biggest thing I can tell you is to ecpect to loose some money at first. We have a key club and we are constantly in the hole each month a good 1,000. Luckily we have a member/owner who makes a tone of money and doesnt mind paying 10 times more his share.
Best Lifts unequipped
Best lifts Equipped
Thankfully Representing AtLarge Nutrition and EliteFTS