I had some questions about the training program I am currently on. To give you some background I am 33 years old and have trained in the martial arts in the past. My bodystyle used to be ectomorphic, I could never gain any weight when I was younger no matter how much I ate. Now that I am in my 30s I am noticing that I am able to gain weight a lot easier than I used to. When I was younger I maintained at about 145 and now I maintain at about 185. I started my workout program light because I cannot afford to get hurt in the gym and lose time from work, have a family to feed. Plus I haven't worked out for years so I figured I should take it easy at first.

I have been working out for a little over a month now. My goal is to hit 200-205 lbs. My training centers around a 3 day a week program M-W-F.

On Mondays I do my squat routine 4-5 sets at 5 to 6 reps. When I started squatting a month ago I could only d0 90 lbs for the above sets and reps (yea weak I know, but never squatted in my life before). I am currently squatting 175 for the above sets and reps. I always start with lighter weights for warmup and then work up to my max for the day.

I also do supporting excercises for squats to include leg extensions and back excercises and rows.

On Wednesdays I work my chest on the bench. I started at 100 lbs for 5 sets 5-8 reps. Currently I am pushing 140lbs for the same reps and sets. I do the supporting excercises for my bench on that day as well such as chest flys, tris, pullovers, hammer curls, and concentration curls, I also work my traps, and forearms on that day.

On Fridays I do deadlifts. My deads started at about 100 lbs for 5 sets of 5-8 reps and I am currently deadlifting 160 lbs for the same reps and sets. I do my supporting excercises on that day as well.

I always do my compound excercises before I do any isolation excercises. My cardio is kept to minimum just to warm my muscles up before I hit the weights. I always stretch before I work out.

Post workout I supplement with creatine and protein. My diet is high in protein and I balance it off with carbs. I drink huge amounts of water on a daily basis.

I feel pretty good after a month and I apparently have gotten a lot stronger (I never thought I could ever dead 160 lbs, surprised myself. I have been religious about going to the gym and I keep my training sessions to about 1 hour. I get at least 8 hours of sleep per night and I believe my current program gives my muscles adequate time to rest before I hit the gym again. I do not have a training partner so this is all self motivation.

Now for my question, I understand that I may not be giving you my entire workout program, but my workouts are centered around my compound lifts so I can build some mass and strenght before attempting to really isolate and tone. Can anyone recommend any improvements or suggest something else that I could be doing or that I should not be doing? I am pretty new to this as I have never weightlifted before. Any suggestions would be appreciated. My bodystyle used to be ectomorphic, but I think I am ecto-meso now due to my ability to gain weight easier than I used to.