Thread: With a partner?

Wannabebig Member

With a partner?

Hey All,

I'm about to start this with a partner, but I'm sort of wondering if it even works like that. Seems like one guy could be done with an exercise after 3 ramping sets and a work set while the other guy could take 6 ramp sets to get to the work set. if that happens one guy ends up sitting around for 10 plus minutes waiting for the other guy to finish and get to the next exercise.

Any insights into this and whether or not its a problem?

Thanks
    If you don't like something change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude.

Then whenever one of you finishes, just move onto the next exercise...

Wannabebig Member
    doesn't that mean autoregulation for just one person? i guess what i'm getting at is that the program doesn't seem like it works for two people working out together.
    If you don't like something change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude.

Hey Cylint, I think you're probably over thinking it a bit

Once you both get a feel for working up to your working set, I don't think there will be a big variance in the ramping up sets - one, maybe two at a push. Sure, you may have to be bit more concious about roughly ramping up at the same speed, but I don't think it will impede the auto-regulation aspect to a degree where it is going to cause an impact on your results...
    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? My Training Journal

Cylint, it works with a partner, trust me, you just have to run it through a couple of times to get in sync but after that it shouldn't be a problem.

Obviously I'm assuming you're not training with a partner that can significantly outlift you or vice versa, that may be a problem. But then again you can't write a program that mitigates for all eventualities.

Edit I didn't see your second post. You don't each have to lift what the other lifts, you do change the weights if needed, that's a given.
    Last edited by Daniel Roberts; 06-07-2010 at 05:14 AM.

Wannabebig Member
    Thanks for the responses.

I was a little unclear...i was referring strictly to the potential difference in number of ramp sets between partners.

We went today and ahead of time just said ok, we're both doing 3 ramp sets and then the work set. Worked just fine.
    Last edited by Cylint; 06-07-2010 at 12:56 PM.

Yeah just takes a bit of getting used to so that your partner and you are on the same page.

now and again he or you may have a better, stronger day and things may fall out of sync, but for the most part you should be able to keep the ramp up sets the same.
    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? My Training Journal