The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Hybrid View

Wrist Pain: Any suggestions

Hey Guys, I had a question, maybe you guys can show me the right direction. I also know that this might not be the right part of the forum, but this is where I would get more answers hehehe

Well, I am having this minor wrist pain, a 1 from 1/10 scale, but I can feel my fingers being swollen and part of my fingers are stiff, at least that how they feel. I am thinking this is from pressing movements. I haven't taken a break since I started a few months ago. I also lost a lot of weight, almost 30 pounds and I am trying to lift as if I was 195 lbs (I am 171 lbs now). What can I do to aliviate the pain? Take a week off? Go easy on press movements? Both hands feel a little stiff. Since I am trying to lose more fat and weight, should I just do cardio this week and have a break? I don't want to make things worse.

A few years a go I had this horrible pain, a 9, our of 10 the doctor said I had. I don't want to have that ever again. That's how the pain started a few years ago. I also type a lot at work (office work). I play the keyboard (instrument) three times a week, and trombone too.

Just some info. Any experiences, recommendations? I don't want to risk anything after my bad lowerback injury!!
    -█--------█- Squat: 285 x 3
    ......\☻/...... Bench Press: 235 x 3 (stuck there)
    ........▌....... Skull Crusher: 110lbs ez bar
    ......./ \......Standing Shoulder Press: 115lbs (barbell)

"I am always doing things I can't do, that's how I get to do them." Pablo Picasso

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

When you're lifting, try to make sure you keep your hands/wrists as straight as possible. You'll see alot of guys doing pressing movements with their hands nearly perpendicular to their wrists, I do my best not to do this. Also, try a set of wrist wraps from APT. I use those on heavy pressing.
    Give chalk a chance.

49 years old

665 squat
    700 deadlift
    325 bench