The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Fat B^$*^£D
    Ive hears when body building (especially when taking creatine) a lot of water needs to be consumed per day.
    Ive seen guys post about trying to drink a gallon a day!

Is that too much?
    If your taking suppluments (whey, weight gainers, shakes) wont all this water fluch it out of your system quicker without getting absorbed properly?

I drink about 1.5 litres a day, is that enough and will it impede my gains?!?

Thanx

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Wannabebig Member
    No a gallon is not too much. I find it easiest if you get a gallon jug that way you know how much you have drank/have to go throughout the day. Drink it throughout the course of the day instead of drinking alot at increments, that way your body uses it rather than flushing it out. You will have to go the bathroom alot more often(duh). It won't flush the supplements out of your body, and drinking a gallon or more is what is recommended when using creatine to keep it from collecting in your liver and also to improve the cell volumizing effect.

MACHINE
    Hydration is very important to muscle cells and the entire body. Hydration increases the efficiency and effectiveness of nearly all bodily functions from fat burning to transportation of nutrients into muscle cells and waste from the body. I drink nearly 3 gallons a day, rarely less than 2. I drank 1.5 liters between 8 and 11 this morning. I'd suggest everyone drink at least a gallon a day - it really makes your entire body feel better.
    "He's the best damn rollerskater that ever lived...probably in the whole town" - Chris Pontius

If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with.

5'10" 215 lbs
    Personal Bests:
    Bench 355
    Squat 505
    Deadlift 560

Protein needs to be broken down into amino acids so they can pass through the stomach lining. To do this the protein needs to be hydrolysed through hydrolysis ('hydro' - water, 'lysis' - breakdown = breakdown with water) There for by drinking water you can increase the absorbtion of protein.
    "Geordie/'d3c:di/n. & adj. Brit colloq. n. 1 a native of Tyneside. 2 the dialect spoken on Tyneside. adj. of or relating to Tyneside, its people, or its dialect. [the name George + -IE]

SCR-simply the best.
    How many pints in a gallon anyone?
    If I eat myself, will I get bigger, or simply disappear?

Bespoke Super Mod
    There are 8 pints in a gallon
    "A + B + C = Success if, A = Hard Work, B = Hard Play, C = Keeping your mouth shut" -Albert
    Einstein

I've always gone to the gym with the conviction that I'll be the hardest working mother****er in the joint. Make that your credo, and hope we don't lift at the same place.
    -- Adam Fahy

"Fran is a double-hard bastard"- Clint Brewer 31/12/02

I end up getting down about 3.75 pints of water (3 bottles full) during my workout. I have a glass of OJ and milk with breakfast, two glasses of milk with lunch, and a glass of OJ and milk with dinner. Add that to the 1.5 pints I drink with protein supplements and you get about 10 pints/day. It isn't hard to get down a gallon of liquids in a day, especially when you exercise.
    Last edited by Leviathan; 04-27-2001 at 09:54 PM.

No kidding. 2 pints when i wake up, 2 pints during workout, 2 pints afterwards plus 2 pints in my shake, 2 pints with dinner, 1 pint before bed.

Almost 1.5 gallons.

Gaglione Strength Chris Rodgers's Avatar
    Leviathon- You really shouldn't count your other liquids when determining your water intake. Only pure water.

I drink anywhere from 1.5-2.5 gallons per day. Usually closer to 2 gallons.
    Best Meet Lifts(Raw w/wraps):
    @165- 435 SQ 270 BE 560 DL.....1255 total
    @181- 535 SQ 300 BE 570 DL.....1400 total
    Best Meet Lifts(Multi-ply):
    @148- 575 SQ 315 BE 515 DL.....1400 total
    @165- 680 SQ 380 BE 540 DL.....1555 total
    @181- 700 SQ 375 BE 535 DL.....1605 total
    Best Gym Lifts(Raw w/wraps)
    545 SQ 305 BE 585 DL

Not sure I'd agree, Latman. Milk is 95% water. Do you not count a glass of water during lunch because you eat a can of tuna at the same time?

just don't use milk or OJ if you're just thirsty or trying to get some more fluids, since they've got other stuff in them.

Gaglione Strength Chris Rodgers's Avatar
    I'm not saying anything is wrong with drinking those things(I personally don't), I'm just saying if you want to calculate your water intake you should only choose pure water. I know plenty of others will agree with me when they read this. Hell, I learned this from most of them back in the day.

If someone wants to drink 1-2 gallons of milk per day to get their water, well that's their choice. I don't think it is the same.tuttut
    Best Meet Lifts(Raw w/wraps):
    @165- 435 SQ 270 BE 560 DL.....1255 total
    @181- 535 SQ 300 BE 570 DL.....1400 total
    Best Meet Lifts(Multi-ply):
    @148- 575 SQ 315 BE 515 DL.....1400 total
    @165- 680 SQ 380 BE 540 DL.....1555 total
    @181- 700 SQ 375 BE 535 DL.....1605 total
    Best Gym Lifts(Raw w/wraps)
    545 SQ 305 BE 585 DL

If you go back and see how I added everything up you'll see that I take the fact that it isn't pure water into consideration. 10 pints/day was a lower end estimate if you add everything up that I stated. I also didn't mention miscellaneous times I might consume liquids at other times during the day (before bed & between meals).

The point of my post was that 1 gallon per day is an easy feat.