Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's your one goal?

To scare the living hell out of the father of the girl I'm dating... J/K.

Actually it's to brush my teeth in the morning without watching my tits jiggle. I think that's a good goal.

Further along, these traps:

Last edited by RebelDogg; 06-10-2010 at 03:18 PM.

Rob Schilke | GFX Designer thecityalive's Avatar
    Rough.
    My road to powerlifting:
    ===thecityalive is dead meat===
    Current RAW PRs:
    Bench: 255 (9/30/13)
    Dead: 515 (9/2/13)
    Squat: 435 (9/26/13)
    Total: 1205 lbs.
    twitter @thecityalive

eek... it's lil' Fixation! fixationdarknes's Avatar
    My lifetime lifting goal is a 3.5x bodyweight pull.

I'd also like to get to the point where my physique will speak for itself and allow me the ability to train/influence people in lifting/dieting. Along with that though is to keep gaining knowledge about lifting/dieting from both reading and experimenting with dieting ideas in my own life.
    Lifting Journal
    Age: 20, Height: 5'7", Weight: 165, Deadlift: 405, 9.5" Squat: 230 x 10, Bench: 195 (3x5)

Quote Originally Posted by fatrb38
    I try to visualize that my girlfriend is under the weight and I have to push the weight up to save her. Of course it doesn't work and I just laugh as I think about the weight slowly crushing her bones. Then I remember it's me under the weight and give 200% effort to push it back up.

"When you promise yourself something, make a commitment, you can't give up. Because, when you're in the gym, you have to fulfill the promise you made to yourself. The people who can self motivate - in any field - are usually the ones who win. Regardless of talent." T. Platz

Frank Zane? Keep dreaming...Haha
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Yep, good old Frank. No dreaming involved..it's a goal and i'm always determined to meet my goals i'm going for the Zane aesthetics with a bit more mass, wish me luck! I already have the same hair lenght so that gives me a good start!
    "When you promise yourself something, make a commitment, you can't give up. Because, when you're in the gym, you have to fulfill the promise you made to yourself. The people who can self motivate - in any field - are usually the ones who win. Regardless of talent." T. Platz

Quote Originally Posted by Clover View Post
    300-400-500
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Shemz View Post
    I already have the same hair lenght so that gives me a good start!
    Best one yet!!

I'm 5'3" @ 169 13% bf....I'd like to get to 185. It's a long term goal but I bet I look like a fn tank once I get there.

600-450-650
    I am not "the" Bo Jackson, i just stole his name.....
    6'1 230
    Squat 555 - belt only
    Bench 340 - raw(11.3.11)
    DL 540 - belt only
    "Dont confuse activity with progress." - Gene Stallings
    My Log - http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...35550-Bo-s-Log

A gallon a day, everyday! ThomasG's Avatar
    475-315-555 @ 10%-12% BF 181lbs

Hell I'll probably get that as a junior....
    Last edited by ThomasG; 06-10-2010 at 08:10 PM.
    My Journal
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    you're an intelligent guy... but you're also half #$%&ing crazy... and that my friend is the formula for a great powerlifter.
    23 Years old
    5'10 198'er
    Squat-565(wraps) 560(Raw)
    Bench:365(raw)
    Deadlift:555(raw)
    Front Squat-465x1 (wraps) 405x2 (raw)
    AtLarge Nutrition Optimize your body and Support WBB

My biggest goal I ever got was losing all my fat...

I weighed 196 and I went down to 162 in a month exactly! Now my goal that I wish to say I GOT IT! is 200 and still have abs Oh and 20 inch arms!

I have 16.5 inch arms right now and im 6 foot tall 167 !!
    -Luke

6'0"
    Im eating like an ANIMAL training like a hell raiser and hoping to be as big as possible...
    I just want the girls to say WOW!

Dont really have one. I guess a 1300 big 3 would be cool. Also, I'm in my first month of Wendler's 5/3/1, I'd be pretty happy if I can hit every required rep for a full year of the routine. However, a cut might be in order before that time, so that might screw up my plans.

Ever since I weighed 165 pounds, I set a weight that I wanted to hit and stay at, thinking it would be the perfect weight. At first I though, 6'1'', 190 would be great, I reached it and realized it was way too small. Set the next checkpoint at 210, thinking 6'1'' weighing 210 has got to look pretty impressive...still too small. My next target is 245 (30 more pounds from where I am now), but I'll probably just think that's too small also. But before I get there, once I get to 230 I'm going to evaluate whether or not I should keep bulking or start my first cut.

S(atg) - B - DL
    375 - 335 - 515

"Gaining weight and having bigger body will make you look great on any clothing. Men with strong body are very attractive to women. General people tend to admire big muscle too." -mbijay

Bodybuilding Mythbuster
    My goal was to pull 3x bodyweight.

Reached that.

Now I'm just maintaining. My knees are starting to get a bit wonky..and I'd rather be able to walk around 20 or more years from now.

"What is that one thing you can achieve that will let you know that you are a somebody in the lifting world?"

Jeez, I don't think I'd ever get to that point, there are just way too many freaky strong people in the "lifting world". However, I'd be extremely proud of myself if I can get a 1500 total.

Ever since I weighed 165 pounds, I set a weight that I wanted to hit and stay at, thinking it would be the perfect weight. At first I though, 6'1'', 190 would be great, I reached it and realized it was way too small. Set the next checkpoint at 210, thinking 6'1'' weighing 210 has got to look pretty impressive...still too small. My next target is 245 (30 more pounds from where I am now), but I'll probably just think that's too small also. But before I get there, once I get to 230 I'm going to evaluate whether or not I should keep bulking or start my first cut.
    I can relate. I can remember being 72kg (158lb) and thinking I'd be happy if I could (by some miracle) ever get to 87kg (192lb). Got there and realised it was way too small so set a new goal of 93kg (205lb). Got there and realised it was still too small. I'm now 101kg (223lb) with a goal of 108kg @ <14%bf but I'm sure I wont be happy with that either.
    Last edited by tom183; 06-11-2010 at 02:29 AM.

I want to step on a scale some day, and see 250 flash up on the read out, and look solid. I don't want the cut as hell bodybuilder look, I just want to look solid and hard.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Wannabebig Member
    I wanna be freakishly huge with good muscle definition

My one goal is (and has been) to squat 400 lbs for 20 reps. There are a bunch of guys that can do it, so it's not like a world record or anything. But, it is something that has to be earned, nobody just steps into the gym and does it. If I can squat 400 x 20, it shows I put in a lot of hard work and consistent effort. To me, that's what being somebody in the lifting world is all about. It's not the titles or making others take notice, it's about the personal battles.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

agree....
    I am not "the" Bo Jackson, i just stole his name.....
    6'1 230
    Squat 555 - belt only
    Bench 340 - raw(11.3.11)
    DL 540 - belt only
    "Dont confuse activity with progress." - Gene Stallings
    My Log - http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...35550-Bo-s-Log

Well Said OffRoad ^

My goal....to look good naked...to someday take my shirt off and have my wife look at me like a piece of meat to be devoured

oh and like many others have said...to be " That " dad....the one that doesn't have to say anything, or be cleaning guns when the boys come a callin...just have a build that says "get out a line with my baby girl and i will pop your head like a zit"
    Bench: Half a subway club
    Squat: to pee
    Deadlift: no thanks

don't let the 12" pythons fool you....i can run way faster scared than you can mad

Quote Originally Posted by Songsangnim View Post
    My goal was to pull 3x bodyweight.

Reached that.

Now I'm just maintaining. My knees are starting to get a bit wonky..and I'd rather be able to walk around 20 or more years from now.
    One can always buy new knees.

Quote Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
    My one goal is (and has been) to squat 400 lbs for 20 reps. There are a bunch of guys that can do it, so it's not like a world record or anything. But, it is something that has to be earned, nobody just steps into the gym and does it. If I can squat 400 x 20, it shows I put in a lot of hard work and consistent effort. To me, that's what being somebody in the lifting world is all about. It's not the titles or making others take notice, it's about the personal battles.
    Are you more of a powerlifter or bodybuilder and what do you squat now? That's a nice goal, might add it to my list

Quote Originally Posted by Shemz View Post
    Are you more of a powerlifter or bodybuilder and what do you squat now? That's a nice goal, might add it to my list
    I'm not a power lifter, I'm not a bodybuilder, I'm just a LIFTER.
    My best 20 rep squat so far is 350 lbs...and rising...
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

Quote Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
    I'm not a power lifter, I'm not a bodybuilder, I'm just a LIFTER.
    My best 20 rep squat so far is 350 lbs...and rising...
    Still damn impressive.

Banned
    I'd like a 500lb deadlift. I know that's not huge compared to a lot of lifters but if I can manage that and also be fit and healthy I'll be really pleased.
    I'd also like to do that before the end of 2010.