Thread: IFBB Pro Zack Khan Injured

IFBB Pro Zack Khan Injured

He is the humungous guy in the Hemo Rage advertisements....

Zack Khan underwent surgery to repair two detached tendons in both knees
    June 10, 2010 FLEXONLINE.COM

Rookie IFBB Pro League athlete Zack Khan was forced to postpone his debut once already this year. Now, Khan may have to push that debut further back than the FLEX Pro in February 2011.

Khan underwent surgery today, two days after completely detaching the tendons above his left and right knees. Khan suffered the injury while hack squatting. He was back in the gym just 10 days after undergoing surgery for a minor hernia, which was the reason Khan pushed his pro debut from the Tampa Pro Bodybuilding Weekly Championships on July 17 to the FLEX Pro on February 26, 2011.

"It was the first time Zack had trained legs in about eight weeks, actually," Khan's trainer/nutritionist Neil Hill said. "He had suffered a very small tear in his left hamstring about eight weeks ago. So all he had done the last couple weeks were some very light extensions."

We spoke with Khan before his surgery and received an e-mail from Hill informing us that the surgery was a success.

"I'm just looking forward to getting the operation out of the way, then I'll start thinking about walking again and everything," Khan said yesterday. "I'm positive, I've spoken to doctors who said I'd be up and walking within six to eight weeks.

"This is just another obstacle. I've had many in my life and gotten through them all, so this is nothing. I'll be back soon."

KHAN'S STATS
    BIRTHDATE: July 1, 1980
    BIRTHPLACE: Kashmir, Pakistan
    CURRENT RESIDENCE: Sheffield, England
    HEIGHT: 5'11"
    WEIGHT: 260 pounds (contest); 300-315 (offseason)
    CAREER HIGHLIGHTS: 2009 British Championships super-heavyweight and overall winner; 2008 British Championships, heavyweight, 4th; 2005-07 British Championships, heavyweight, 2nd
    ASC 105 Kg Pro Strongman | My Website | Facebook Fan Page

Weight: 220 lbs | Gym PR's -> Front Squat: 510 lbs / Overhead: 375 lbs / Deadlift: 700 lbs

Supplements: www.AtLargeNutrition.com

The dude lifts so heavy I'm not surprised. Someone posted a video here of him pressing. I said look at his bicep shaking, looks like that thing is about to pop off.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Weight: 220 lbs | Gym PR's -> Front Squat: 510 lbs / Overhead: 375 lbs / Deadlift: 700 lbs

That's got to hurt ... bad!
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Bummer. Was interested to see how he would do on the pro stage, but will have to wait.

afraid this doesn't bode well for big Zack, inuries like this so early on in his pro career could spell a short lived career at the pro ranks.

powerlifter in training Liftersize's Avatar
    i dont mean to sound ignorant but could that happen to a natty person just pushing really hard, or is the pressure to pop both tendons on a hack squat only possible with aas and the increased muscle development possible with it that does not allow your tendons to keep up with your muscle growth.
    Current Stats: 6'1 185
    Deadlift 480 Bench 280 Squat 365 Raw Total: 1,125
    Front Squat 295
    My New Journal!
    http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...49#post2331749

Guerrilla Journalist Steve Colescott's Avatar
    I'd like to see this guy do well. Every era needs a mass freak. With Coleman's best days over, its up to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Liftersize View Post
    i dont mean to sound ignorant but could that happen to a natty person just pushing really hard, or is the pressure to pop both tendons on a hack squat only possible with aas and the increased muscle development possible with it that does not allow your tendons to keep up with your muscle growth.
    The hack squat can be a dangerous movement, especially if you have your feet low on the platform. The probability of being injured can be increased if someone is pushing themselves hard, lifting with poor technique, and/or has advanced strength levels.
    Last edited by Tom Mutaffis; 06-14-2010 at 09:42 AM.

Guerrilla Journalist Steve Colescott's Avatar
    just walking upstairs at 350 pounds probably doesn't help matters for Zack either.