The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Mutaffis View Post
    You may want to look at your training program and other factors before just looking for a better sleeve, the sleeve is more of a temporary solution rather than a true "fix".

Do you think that the discomfort is tendonitis or something more?
    I honestly do not know what tendonitis is or what it would feel like if I had it.

My uneducated guess for the discomfort could be a combination of things. First, I need better footwear. The two years I trained without discomfort, I wore cross trainers. The cross trainers have worn down from wearing them and my stance feels unbalanced. Correct me if I am wrong, but from my understanding weightlifting shoes are more appropriate for Olympic squats than cross trainers.

Second, I have always trained at home. I moved into a new first floor apartment recently and the entire floor of the apartment tilts downwards towards the street. I tried squatting in both directions, however my stance felt unbalanced either way so I started squatting with a 1/2 to 5/8 inch board underneath the heels of my feet to even things out. The board worked as far as solving the balance issue, however I started feeling discomfort in my knees after I started squatting with the heels of my feet underneath a board.
    Last edited by CosmicForce; 10-29-2010 at 07:03 PM.

Wannabebig New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Mutaffis View Post
    I have the APT double ply convicts and I really like them, they give a lot of support and make your knees feel stable regardless of how heavy you are lifting. Right now the sleeves are out of stock but for future reference the sizing chart is in pounds, not kilograms.

Since you are doing OLY squats and I assume looking for something that you can wear throughout your workout I would pick up some Tommy Kono sleeves. They are about the same price as the APT Convict and will provide plenty of warmth along with some support.

APT sells the TK's for $39.95/pair and if you use the code "PLWATCH" they will be $33.95/pair plus you get a free pair of 12" wrist wraps. APT has fast shipping and they send everything priority mail so you should receive your package within a week with only about a $5 shipping charge.

Tom, do you know if APT is still offering the code "PLWATCH" or has that expired already? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Neal Bates View Post
    Tom, do you know if APT is still offering the code "PLWATCH" or has that expired already? Thanks!
    I do not think it ever expires. I ordered a couple of times from them and used the code to get the free wrist wraps.

Wannabebig New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Usher View Post
    I do not think it ever expires. I ordered a couple of times from them and used the code to get the free wrist wraps.
    Thanks Joe !

Wannabebig Member
    got the elite fts super heavey elbow and knee sleeves just in 2 weeks ago can only get them on with bags under lol and got the sizes i needed to but i guess when they ask your weight they might mean if you all muscle cause im 225 and about 20%bodyfat and those muther fers are tight no leaving them on i panic the first time i put them on and could not get them off lol toes were like

Wannabebig Member
    Thanks Joe !
    thanx from me too

Wannabebig New Member
    I placed my order with APT Tuesday night and UPS had them to me Friday afternoon. The "PLWATCH" code is good for 15% off total and a free pair of wrist wraps. I'm super happy with APT and will be doing business with them again!

As for the Tommy Kono knee bands, I ordered mediums and they are snug, but not super tight.They feel really good and I"m glad I didn't order the Large as I started to. I don't foresee any problems with the bands sliding down.

If I try to simply slide them on as they come with the fabric on the outside, they will go over my calf and stop. I turn them inside out as others have said and roll them back over the knee and they go on like a snap!

Pro Strongman | Moderator Tom Mutaffis's Avatar
    I placed my order with APT Tuesday night and UPS had them to me Friday afternoon. The "PLWATCH" code is good for 15% off total and a free pair of wrist wraps. I'm super happy with APT and will be doing business with them again!

As for the Tommy Kono knee bands, I ordered mediums and they are snug, but not super tight.They feel really good and I"m glad I didn't order the Large as I started to. I don't foresee any problems with the bands sliding down.

If I try to simply slide them on as they come with the fabric on the outside, they will go over my calf and stop. I turn them inside out as others have said and roll them back over the knee and they go on like a snap!
    I am glad to hear that everything worked out with your order from APT and that you are happy with the sleeves.
    ASC 105 Kg Pro Strongman | My Website | Facebook Fan Page

Weight: 235 lbs | Front Squat: 510 lbs | Overhead: 375 lbs | Deadlift: 700 lbs

Supplements: www.AtLargeNutrition.com

Wannabebig Member
    If I try to simply slide them on as they come with the fabric on the outside, they will go over my calf and stop. I turn them inside out as others have said and roll them back over the knee and they go on like a snap![/QUOTE]

im going to try that next time i use mine

I bought blue rehbands and a pair of weightlifting shoes. I did olympic squats last Saturday and my knees felt fine.
    Last edited by CosmicForce; 12-01-2010 at 01:46 PM. Reason: grammar

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicForce View Post
    I bought blue rehbands and a pair of weightlifting shoes. I did olympic squats last Saturday and my knees felt fine.
    My rehbands came in today. Haven't squatted in them yet, but they are friggin' nice. I have the APT sleeves too, doubt I will ever use them again

Quote Originally Posted by Cmanuel View Post
    My rehbands came in today. Haven't squatted in them yet, but they are friggin' nice. I have the APT sleeves too, doubt I will ever use them again
    I'm getting the TK sleeves, for the price i thought I would try them out.

I go the Vulkan knee sleeves. They are awesome.
    "Donít fall for the crap that people are peddling on message boards, in magazines or on TV. Get your **** in order, and get your training in order. Start kicking ass, and take out the crap that doesnít matter. Start doing and believing in the stuff that works, and do it today and forever. You want science and studies? **** you. Iíve got scars and blood and vomit."
    Jim Wendler, 531 Method