Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Can I have some lean muscle & strength please?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiff View Post
    Good to see you back. Funny really I am thinking of jumping off the corporate band wagon into self employed in the fitness world lol good luck mate!
    Hey!

DO IT. The only way you'll ever truly live the lifestyle you want. Its hard to do working for someone else. Each one brings their positives of course, I just think its important to be flexible and try some things out!
    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? – My Training Journal

Quote Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
    It's cool to hear how others live in different countries. Here in the States, if you don't have a car, you don't get to do anything; like date
    I have an Audi A3 right now, just want to make a change The Audi is a nice car but booooooring!

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Good day today - eating has been relaxed as its a training day. I went for lunch with my Dad and then ate a tasty thai green curry for my evening meal. Need to make sure I keep protein high on training days as relaxed eating normally means high carb, low protein for me.

Training was aight. Right now I am just cranking out sets of 3 x 8-10 and taking it easy in prep for HCT-12 in a week or so.

Front Pull down - 3 x 10 @ 60KG

DB Row - 3 x 8 @ 24KG DBs

Flat BB Bench - 3 x 8 @ 60KG

Seated DB Shoulder Press - 3 x 8 @ 16KG DBs

Lying DB tricep extensions - 3 x 10 @ 10KG DBs.

Job done. Now just gotta hold down thurs and fri as low carb and then have a good training and big eating weekend!

Ok, last week a write off but I am still fighting to pull some consistency together and I have now booked a holiday to Ibiza, Spain so I better get my ass in gear and come in reasonably lean.

Yesterday I started HCT-12 properly. The 6+2+2+2 felt pretty good actually. Fairly easy but I am still shifting some light weights, once they get up there it will kick my ass I am sure.

Front Pull down: 6+2+2+2 @ 65KG

DB Rows: 6+2+2+2 @ 28KG DBS

BB Bench: 6+2+2+2 @ 60KG

Seated DB O/H press: 6+2+2+2 @ 22KG DBS

Lying Tricep Extensions: 6+2+2+2 @ 12KG DBS

As for food, I am keeping things simple. High Carb on my 3 training days, low carb everything else. Using fitday to track things and using an IF approach.

Yesterday I kept my cal's at 2,585 - 75g fat, 265 carbs and 220 protein - not bad.

Bought a car too last week.

Work is going well - everything feels good right now, just gotta pull this fitness **** together.
    Last edited by Joe Black; 03-13-2011 at 01:17 AM.

Banned
    nice, hct is a solid program as youre well aware. like the car! id like to do the same but i resolved that i wont buy anything big unless i can pay cash. things are just too crazy to pickup debt for a toy. did you trade the A3 or keep it??

Yep, I’m looking forward to seeing how the 6+2+2+2 thing pans out – it felt great yesterday though.

I’m with you on the car stuff, a sure fast way to lose money quick! Since I was 25 I’ve paid hard cash for my cars and am not prepared to go into debt for them or anything for that matter (other than my mortgage!).

Still got the A3, need to find it a home. My GF keeps asking for it but I think I’ll just sell it to offset the money dumped into the M3 lol

Sweet car Daniel. Really glad things are going good for you right now. Good luck with the HCT-12, it's a fun way to train.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

Nice start and nice car mate.
    http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...?136143-Hct-12

A Westside journal.

'There are no layby's on the road to strength'

'The greatest pleasure in life is achieving things people said you could not achieve'

'He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man'

Thanks for popping in Kiff!

Sat - lower body + biceps

Front Squat - 3 x 8 @ 45KG
    RDL - 4 x 10 @ 70KG
    Leg Extensions - 3 x 8 (each leg) @ 40KG
    Standing Bi Curls - 1 x 5+2+2+2 @ 16KG DBS

I am skipping HCT-12 for lower body as going low reps has always given me injuries but once I get my strength up and am less stiff I may give it a shot.

Lower body workout still needs some thought - will do a better one for next week. I am thinking hip thrusts/step ups throw in too. Don't see the point in working calves really right now.

Good to see ya back in here Danny boy. Hope all is going excellently well for you.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May