Thread: lifting and working

Wannabebig Member

lifting and working

i have a landscaping company and its just myself and one employee.we do alot of stonework,so i get plenty of lifting in a day.my question is this,i would like to lift three days a week,and make gains.would like to stream line my program so i could lift in the mornings and have it done so i can get some work done.i would also like to get the bench,deadlift and squats in,like to do them each 2 days a week.i like to do incline presses and close grips on my bench days,bentover rows and curls on deadlift days.how can i aline these so i get the most outta my workouts?

If you are doing that much heavy labor, you may not be able to hit each lift twice a week. I would simply do a squat day, bench press day, and deadlift day. I would just do squats followed by some hamstring work and abs, bench press followed by some lighter inclines and/or close-grip work for assistance, and deadlift followed by rows and curls. Keep it simple and streamlined so you can recover given your job.

I have been training 3x a week for 6 weeks now and I love it. My split is ME-Lower on Mondays, ME or DE on Wednesday, and DE-Lower on Friday. So far everything is going pretty good and I seem to be making some gains with it. I did decide to bench heavy one week and do speed work the following. I'm still trying to work on a few things to get it right.
    My Training Log
    My YouTube page
    Training by Tone Barbaccio
    New Dimensions Wellness & Education

Best geared meet @ 242
    1030SQ, 640BP, 685DL and 2355 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 242
    665SQ, 440BP, 727DL and 1815 total
    Best raw meet w/sleeves @ 275
    700SQ, 452BP, 722DL and 1874 total

Sponsored By:

10/20/Life
    Vanilla Gorilla

Less will be more for you, I think the two posts above are good advice/ ideas.
    Squat briefs only 625 @ 210
    Bench geared 525 @ 210
    Deadlift geared 650 @ 220

Captains of Crush #3

Building Mighty Mitts...

Wannabebig Member
    yeah maybe once a week for the three excersis is enough.i started with a 5-3-1 routine,2 weeks working up to 75% 3sets of five reps,2weeks 85% 3sets of 3 and 2weeks of 95%3sets of 1.always starting at 50% of max and working up to that weeks percentage.

You could even do a Squat/Bench workout and Deadlift/Overhead Press workout 2 x's per week. Give yourself 3-4 days between workouts and alternate. That would probably be more than enough with the physical labor you do.

Quote Originally Posted by joey54 View Post
    You could even do a Squat/Bench workout and Deadlift/Overhead Press workout 2 x's per week. Give yourself 3-4 days between workouts and alternate. That would probably be more than enough with the physical labor you do.
    Good idea, this would suit.

More time to rest and eat!!
    Squat briefs only 625 @ 210
    Bench geared 525 @ 210
    Deadlift geared 650 @ 220

Captains of Crush #3

Building Mighty Mitts...

If you don't work on weekends, save the tough ME workouts for weekends.

I work full time delivering gym and fitness equipment, so I definlty know what it's like to have a physical job. I train in the mornings before work because I know i'll be too tired after work to get a decent workout in. It sucks waking up extra early and going to the gym, so make it easy on yourself and cook all your meals the night before, and get everything packed for the next day. In my opinion, you just gotta grit your teeth, get into the gym and get it done. Just make sure your getting proper nutrition throughout the day, and adequate sleep. Take into account the calories lost during your work day too and you should make progress. It may sound like i'm being a tough guy, but it is very doable if your comitted.
    w:225lbs. h:5'10.
    630/385/545/1560
    Journal | Vids

"im ready for the ladies too, my stomach has never been bigger and ive never been hairier." - Stumprrp

TJW

A lot depends on your recovery abilities, age, diet, sleep, etc. No right or wrong way to do it as long as you're getting stronger.

I worked (2) jobs for over (10) years and I PL'ed most of that time... I still progressed and set PR's but I really had to pay attention to all the aforementioned.

I kept it simple and did the big (3 )once a week each. Mon-squat./ Wed- bench,/ Fri. deadlift + accessorys. Plain old linear periodization and progressive overload is the name of the game!
    Good luck bro,RC